Sep 29, 2012
Is this normal? Getting pretty low SOT on FK r34

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180117-201101.jpg
    Screenshot_20180117-201101.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 589
E

experience7

I love the FKU beta app! Can't wait for it to become stable and available through Play Store. Great work! ?

ViniRustAlves

Jul 6, 2017
OnePlus 3T
Samsung Galaxy A51
So,I never had tried to use kernels, the maximum I've did was flashing stock ROMs on my xiaomis, so I'm wondering if I need to root my device too flash the kernel, I've read in some forms that this isn't the case, but others said that indeed I need to. And if not, can I just but the fku and flash from there on my 3t? It'll work perfectly (regarding any but from the kernel itself)? I'm not totally fluent so it's kind of fatigating read, and reread the same text till a get it. And search those info here, is a bit hard... I'll keep reading, but if someone answer me, it would be great, just in case I don't find what I'm looking for...

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
So,I never had tried to use kernels, the maximum I've did was flashing stock ROMs on my xiaomis, so I'm wondering if I need to root my device too flash the kernel, I've read in some forms that this isn't the case, but others said that indeed I need to. And if not, can I just but the fku and flash from there on my 3t? It'll work perfectly (regarding any but from the kernel itself)? I'm not totally fluent so it's kind of fatigating read, and reread the same text till a get it. And search those info here, is a bit hard... I'll keep reading, but if someone answer me, it would be great, just in case I don't find what I'm looking for...
Only a custom recovery is mandatory for kernel flashing, you don't need root to run a custom kernel but you'll need root for the corresponding kernel manager app to adjust the kernel settings according to your preferences, without it the kernel will run with it's default values...
Franco's Kernel Manager is recommended to get best results, easy handling and to use his battery & performance profiles besides other goodies...

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: ViniRustAlves

soder

Mar 19, 2010
I know that the Franco v36 isn't for the official beta 21 for OP3T, but I wonder if it's still "better" to use then stock, or if there are some mayor differences that will cause huge problems?

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
I know that the Franco v36 isn't for the official beta 21 for OP3T, but I wonder if it's still "better" to use then stock, or if there are some mayor differences that will cause huge problems?

/Söder
Just check it out yourself, betas aren't officially supported and you should refrain from bug reports too when running beta but this doesn't necessarily mean it it's incompatible, according to my experience it works pretty well for the most beta releases - haven't checked out the current open beta with FK though but if something isn't working you can easily revert back by dirty flashing or restoring boot from within TWRP - for me personally it's only "better" to use stock if nothing else really works :)

jojo-g

Jul 31, 2006
Gelsenkirchen

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
this is der to a general problem of OB21. For any reason one partition is completely filled and so kernel or at least some drivers can't be stored or loaded afterwards. So in general OB21 is to be used as is, or better use OB20 if you want to modify things.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (Wi-Fi) mit Tapatalk

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
this is der to a general problem of OB21. For any reason one partition is completely filled and so kernel or at least some drivers can't be stored or loaded afterwards. So in general OB21 is to be used as is, or better use OB20 if you want to modify things.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (Wi-Fi) mit Tapatalk
blu_spark's kernel (don't know about others) does modify /system partition (which is impossible on latest OB without empty space, system partition is completely full by default now), I'm running another kernel atm (derp) which doesn't modify system and it works flawlessly, no problems, as franco never mentioned to use a similar approach (like blu_spark) I assume his kernel won't suffer from the same issue...
What I'm trying to say is, it depends on the kernel, if system is getting modified it will lead to issues unless you first delete some stuff from system partition to get free space...

Last edited:

SoMeiBoL

Nov 19, 2013
Andalucía
I installed the Franco kernel and magisk and it works fine. Then I have uninstalled some system applications with Titanium Backup to avoid having an error with Adaway and magisk modules. For now everything works correctly.

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
I installed the Franco kernel and magisk and it works fine. Then I have uninstalled some system applications with Titanium Backup to avoid having an error with Adaway and magisk modules. For now everything works correctly.
OT but there won't be issues with magisk as it's systemless, it's not going to modify system...

Reactions: SoMeiBoL

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Actually I only had problems when applying Adaway and trying to install busybox, which did need to have space in the system partition. I uninstalled some applications and it worked by having space.
Well, I use both too but with Adaway ticked "systemless hosts" and osmosis busybox module from magisk repo (magisk manager -> downloads) and my system partition is still filled to the max... So if you use a systemless installation method for both you'll not run into any issues...
Just as a last hint as I don't want to prolong the discussion here

Reactions: SoMeiBoL

Vuska

just delete some app from system app from twrp, like Google Drive, Gmail, Maps, Google Photos... you'll get about 200++ free on your system.
That apps you still can download it from playstore... no need as system app.

btw... FK R36 work nice with my OB 21.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: rgregor210881
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts