[KERNEL][OP3T] FrancoKernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Ok thanks. But what the relation of it with my doubt posted previously?

I think we'll still call "dash charging" for a while.
He probably meant that you missed the news, as OnePlus devices won't show "dash charging" anymore you might mistake it as "dash charging" not working...

What leads you to the conclusion that dash charging / charging rapidly doesn't work?

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: pratyush28

deluxexbr

Oct 17, 2016
yes. It was what I mean.

So but I think I have a real problem. The "thunder icon" didn't appears anymore and the app ampereh only shows about 1200mAh charging rate. I want to know if it has relation with franco kernel.

D

Deleted member 4405529

yes. It was what I mean.

So but I think I have a real problem. The "thunder icon" didn't appears anymore and the app ampereh only shows about 1200mAh charging rate. I want to know if it has relation with franco kernel.

That's easy: dirty flash the rom you are running and check the charging current. If it's better without f's kernel, you have your question answered...

Reactions: deluxexbr

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013
sorry for little OT, I have a question about OOS Oreo & FrancoKernel & Naptime:
If I block Naptime's notifications in OOS settings, does the service still run normally or does it need to show the notification to work?

Paschfire

May 16, 2014
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy A20
sorry for little OT, I have a question about OOS Oreo & FrancoKernel & Naptime:
If I block Naptime's notifications in OOS settings, does the service still run normally or does it need to show the notification to work?

I do the same, it's running fine within the background. Nothing will be affected removing the Naptime notification from showing within QS.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoberus

sykomaniac

Jun 16, 2010
Leeds
Google Pixel 6
Can I edit the inbuilt profiles that come with fku? I want go run in battery saving mode but raise the Max brightness level. I have tweaked the value in CPU tweaks and set to restore my value on boot. However when the profile is changed eg to performance mode when gaming the value I've set is overriden when I go back to battery mode. Anyway to update the battery profile or do I need to create my own and set that as the default profile

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Paschfire

May 16, 2014
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy A20
Can I edit the inbuilt profiles that come with fku? I want go run in battery saving mode but raise the Max brightness level. I have tweaked the value in CPU tweaks and set to restore my value on boot. However when the profile is changed eg to performance mode when gaming the value I've set is overriden when I go back to battery mode. Anyway to update the battery profile or do I need to create my own and set that as the default profile

You would need to create your own profile, the inbuilt performance profiles accessable within FKM(Eg. Performance~Balanced~Power_saving) are coded within FK itself and not user modifiable.

Last edited:

Paschfire

May 16, 2014
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy A20
What are the steps I should follow to update to OOS 5.0.3 if I have this kernel installed?

Download the full OOS 5.0.3 zip(approx 1.5GB file size) and flash using TWRP recovery(version 3.2.1-0 or higher), then within the same recovery session flash FK, Magisk, or whatever else you had previously installed.
Wipe Caches
Reboot
?????
$$profit$$

Last edited:

riyosakura

Dec 29, 2012
Banda Aceh
Samsung Galaxy S21+
does this kernel compatible with the latest Oxygen OS release? what i meant as compatible is this kernel wont affect new feature from the latest Oxygen OS release.
since this kernel was base on the later version of Oxygen OS does it mean it doesnt have the same feature with current latest kernel from oxygen OS? please enlighten me.

Last edited:

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
does this kernel compatible with the latest Oxygen OS release? what i meant as compatible is this kernel wont affect new feature from the latest Oxygen OS release.
since this kernel was base on the later version of Oxygen OS does it mean it doesnt have the same feature with current latest kernel from oxygen OS? please enlighten me.
The last version of this kernel was with 5.0.2 base. Since that, this kernel wasn't updated updated (Franco was busy with personal life).

If you want, you can try to flash if there is any problem with it. If you have any problem, just reflash your rom.

FYI, the sources of OOS 5.0.4 are out: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/andro...mmit/ae484a2bc86b2cc1894af530efc3149061a4c6d1

Last edited:
Reactions: riyosakura

mk_1996

Jun 26, 2016
Delhi
The last version of this kernel was with 5.0.2 base. Since that, this kernel wasn't updated updated (Franco was busy with personal life).

If you want, you can try to flash if there is any problem with it. If you have any problem, just reflash your rom.

FYI, the sources of OOS 5.0.4 are out: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/andro...mmit/ae484a2bc86b2cc1894af530efc3149061a4c6d1
There shouldn't be any problem coz oneplus didn't touch anything in the kernel for the last 2 stable updates as said by eng.stk. You will be good to go

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
There shouldn't be any problem coz oneplus didn't touch anything in the kernel for the last 2 stable updates as said by eng.stk. You will be good to go
Actually it has changes. If you saw the link the post before, the one you've quote, you would saw that there are kernel changes in 5.0.3 and 5.0.4.

Last edited:

SugrFr33

Sep 23, 2014
Leeds
I did have a quick scan through the thread to see if anybody else had experience similar, but couldn't see anything

When going into the battery labs tab, the cpu underclock is always applied; I didn't enable it in the first place, changing between 25/50/75% appears to do nothing, and the "restore" button has no effect. Can't think what would be causing this. R40 on LOS 15.1 2018/07/17

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r41 is out with all the updates you need. It's out for OxygenOS and LineageOS of course :)
And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

I hope ya'll doing great

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r41 is out with all the updates you need. It's out for OxygenOS and LineageOS of course :)

I hope ya'll doing great
Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Congratulations to the marriage!

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: drive2droad

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria

I hope ya'll doing great

First of all, congrats :)

I just tried r41 and I notice that the input boost time is 1500 ms. In version r40 it was 40ms if I'm not mistaken. It is a big increase. There is any reason why this changed so much?

gabriel_hart

Apr 5, 2011
Been running r41 for about 24 hours now - so far, so good! Thanks again, Franco, and congrats on the life changing event!

Paschfire

May 16, 2014
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy A20
First of all, congrats :)

I just tried r41 and I notice that the input boost time is 1500 ms. In version r40 it was 40ms if I'm not mistaken. It is a big increase. There is any reason why this changed so much?

Actually 825Mhz/691Mhz @ 1500ms is the correct value. The 1324Mhz/1324Mhz @ 40ms value was a derp that got fixed a few FKM builds ago during the beta period.

It's for better fling response when scrolling, the smoothness. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts