Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel+] Kali NetHunter for the OnePlus 3 & 3T

1,491 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,162

Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2016, 08:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This might be a stupid question but am I able to get OTAs when I have NetHunter installed? And if yes do I have to reinstall it every time I get an OTA?

I am just curious because I never ever flashed a custom kernel till now. And thats what I am basically doing here right? Flashing a custom kernel + the NetHunter packge.

Regards

Boind
The Following User Says Thank You to boind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boind Ad-Free

30th November 2016, 09:28 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boind

This might be a stupid question but am I able to get OTAs when I have NetHunter installed? And if yes do I have to reinstall it every time I get an OTA?

I am just curious because I never ever flashed a custom kernel till now. And thats what I am basically doing here right? Flashing a custom kernel + the NetHunter packge.

Regards

Boind

Most devices you probably can't take OTA's. But I'm pretty sure for this device, that if it's detected that you're rooted or system modified or stuff, it downloads the entire ROM zip instead of just the OTA so you can upgrade manually. Kali is not just a custom kernel , you'll probably have to reinstall it when you update, AFAIK.
30th November 2016, 09:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

Most devices you probably can't take OTA's. But I'm pretty sure for this device, that if it's detected that you're rooted or system modified or stuff, it downloads the entire ROM zip instead of just the OTA so you can upgrade manually. Kali is not just a custom kernel , you'll probably have to reinstall it when you update, AFAIK.

So I am probally good to go, as far as reflash NetHunter every time I get an OTA?
BTW will NetHunter still work when Nougat gets rolled out in december?
1st December 2016, 03:10 AM |#14  
Flag Scottsboro, AL
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

You are correct about the OTA'S. It will try the patch first but if it fails it will download the full ROM OTA.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
1st December 2016, 01:40 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
How can i go back to the stock kernel? Nethunter kernel is killing my battery .
1st December 2016, 02:54 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello there. It is possible to change the battery capacity read from the hardware?
I'm sorry if that sounds vague. OP3 owner here. From this video you can see that one plus 3 batteries are sorta interchangeable. However the capacity is not read correctly. I presume that the OP3T has the correct code for it. I don't want to mess up your thread but if you can contribute it would help existing OP3 owners. (please look up Battery Mod /lens mod thread on One plus 3 forums and reply there.)
thanks
1st December 2016, 05:34 PM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boind

So I am probally good to go, as far as reflash NetHunter every time I get an OTA?
BTW will NetHunter still work when Nougat gets rolled out in december?

yeah you'll get the full OTAs instead of update OTAs tho like above people said. you already have the rootfs on data partition, so you only need to flash kernel-nethunter-oneplus3t and update-nethunter zips. you might also need to flash supersu again, or you can use another root like phh superuser.

when oneplus releases nougat kernel sources i will support nougat. it will not work with the marshmallow kernel.

update: 3.5.3 sources are out! updating!

https://build.nethunter.com/nightly/...20161201-1343/

this kernel is updated for 3.5.3 touchscreen changes (a lot of changes) and also updated to CAF tag LA.HB.1.3.2-33100-8x96.0 (more touchscreen and wifi fixes)
2nd December 2016, 07:24 PM |#18  
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hello, I installed the latest zips as of 12/01/2016

You mentioned in the OP;
"I highly recommend these two items:
Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH: https://smile.amazon.com/802-11g-Wir...dp/B0035GWTKK/
iXCC USB Type-C to Type-A OTG adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/iXCC-Adapte...dp/B017TJN22C/
* I am not affiliated with these sellers"

I already had the iXCC USB-OTG cable but I have the TL-WN722N wifi card. Do I need a different USB-OTG cable (the Y version)?? The TL-WN722N wifi card will not power on so I wasn't sure if it is a power issue or if I need to configure this somehow?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!
2nd December 2016, 08:36 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpGrumble

Hello, I installed the latest zips as of 12/01/2016

You mentioned in the OP;
"I highly recommend these two items:
Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH: https://smile.amazon.com/802-11g-Wir...dp/B0035GWTKK/
iXCC USB Type-C to Type-A OTG adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/iXCC-Adapte...dp/B017TJN22C/
* I am not affiliated with these sellers"

I already had the iXCC USB-OTG cable but I have the TL-WN722N wifi card. Do I need a different USB-OTG cable (the Y version)?? The TL-WN722N wifi card will not power on so I wasn't sure if it is a power issue or if I need to configure this somehow?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

cards don't turn on until you turn them on
ip link set wlan1 up
will turn it on (in whatever mode its currently in)

but most people want monitor mode, theres a monitor mode power on command in the nethunter app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2016, 10:45 PM |#20  
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcadduono

cards don't turn on until you turn them on
ip link set wlan1 up
will turn it on (in whatever mode its currently in)

but most people want monitor mode, theres a monitor mode power on command in the nethunter app

Thanks! Although the wifi adapter doesn't light up to show its on... Will this happen after I use that command?
2nd December 2016, 11:49 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpGrumble

Thanks! Although the wifi adapter doesn't light up to show its on... Will this happen after I use that command?

i dont know anything about that card, my AWUS036NEH will start flashing blue led when i do that command though (no light when plugged in)
The Following User Says Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)