FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3T

1,462 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,833
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
I have combined the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T TWRP threads into a single thread for the unified build.

Please visit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-3-3t-t3543391

I apologize for the inconvenience.


XDA:DevDB Information
Team Win Recovery Project for the OnePlus 3T, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3T

Contributors
jcadduono, Team Win
Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/android...plus_oneplus3t


Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.0.3-1
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-16

Created 2016-11-26
Last Updated 2017-01-22
The Following 112 Users Say Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th November 2016, 06:50 AM |#2  
jcadduono's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay
Thanks Meter: 5,833
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
ONEPLUS FULL OTA ZIPS

You can flash these zips in TWRP to update your device or save yourself from a broken or soft-bricked state.
They are official zips distributed by OnePlus.

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2016, 07:13 AM |#3  
ghettopops's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Now if I have already rooted and installed a kernel will flashing TWRP wipe that stuff? I had to boot TWRP to flash SU and Kernel but did not flash it.
26th November 2016, 07:19 AM |#4  
jcadduono's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay
Thanks Meter: 5,833
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettopops

Now if I have already rooted and installed a kernel will flashing TWRP wipe that stuff? I had to boot TWRP to flash SU and Kernel but did not flash it.

TWRP will only wipe if you ask it to wipe something. OnePlus is using the usual separated recovery partition style which is great so you don't have to worry about TWRP breaking anything by flashing it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2016, 08:37 AM |#5  
knpk13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 608
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcadduono

TWRP will only wipe if you ask it to wipe something. OnePlus is using the usual separated recovery partition style which is great so you don't have to worry about TWRP breaking anything by flashing it.

So that means it doesn't use that new layout which includes dual A/B partitions right? If the only benefit of dual partitions is seamless updates, I guess the traditional layout is fine or even better.

Edit: Both this TWRP thread and the Tyranus kernel thread came out pretty quick, and seem very well documented and professional compared to some of the other Non Nexus device threads. I'm impressed. I just hope the threads stay uncluttered. Thank you.
26th November 2016, 08:52 AM |#6  
ghettopops's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
So that I understand, separate recovery partition means that I can have both TWRP and Oxygen Recovery installed. Allowing me to get updates and install them through Oxygen Recovery while maintaining a TWRP recovery? Also is it just a matter of booting into them via fastboot?
26th November 2016, 08:54 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
More
Perhaps, the step between 2 and 3 should be go into the 'system>about' menu, keep tapping 'build number' to enable 'developers option', then go back out and into 'setting>developers option' and turn on 'OEM unlocking'. w/o this option turn on, you can do 'fastboot oem unlock'

And maybe perhaps, before doing anything, why not update the system via OTA first? If the OTA zip is OnePlus official, you should be able to flash it using stock recovery, doesn't it?

side note tip: if you wipe the data partition in TWRP, the default would be ext4, but the OP stock use F2FS. I think it may be wise to change that before wiping the data partition.
26th November 2016, 09:15 AM |#8  
jcadduono's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay
Thanks Meter: 5,833
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone0

Perhaps, the step between 2 and 3 should be go into the 'system>about' menu, keep tapping 'build number' to enable 'developers option', then go back out and into 'setting>developers option' and turn on 'OEM unlocking'. w/o this option turn on, you can do 'fastboot oem unlock'

And maybe perhaps, before doing anything, why not update the system via OTA first? If the OTA zip is OnePlus official, you should be able to flash it using stock recovery, doesn't it?

side note tip: if you wipe the data partition in TWRP, the default would be ext4, but the OP stock use F2FS. I think it may be wise to change that before wiping the data partition.

Done. Should now default to f2fs on data wipes as well. (redownload, I didn't change the version number)

Yes that is an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettopops

So that I understand, separate recovery partition means that I can have both TWRP and Oxygen Recovery installed. Allowing me to get updates and install them through Oxygen Recovery while maintaining a TWRP recovery? Also is it just a matter of booting into them via fastboot?

No, separate recovery partition means you can flash kernels and recoveries separately. It means recovery isn't part of the system boot image, which is an idiotic design of the Pixel phones that is hurting custom development for them. See example:

OnePlus 3T (and every other sane device):
boot partition = system boot image
recovery partition = recovery boot image
result = you can use twrp to flash custom roms! any issues = just try in twrp again!

Pixel:
boot partition = boot image with recovery ramdisk that loads system (???)
boot_a partition = the same thing as boot partition (??? again)
recovery partition = nowhere to be found
result = flash a bad custom rom? say goodbye to twrp!
The Following User Says Thank You to jcadduono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2016, 09:40 AM |#9  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2,899
 
More
Can't decrypt data so can't flash any files. Just updated to twrp in the op.
26th November 2016, 09:42 AM |#10  
jcadduono's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thunder Bay
Thanks Meter: 5,833
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

Can't decrypt data so can't flash any files. Just updated to twrp in the op.

need recovery.log ... i'm guessing this is happening due to changing default partition type for data from ext4 to f2fs, might need to change it back
in the meantime, setting default back to ext4....redownload (again)

in the meantime, anyone crazy enough to test https://build.nethunter.com/test-bui...llow-test1.zip for me?
yes, this device is getting official Kali NetHunter support
26th November 2016, 09:52 AM |#11  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2,899
 
More
Log

http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/7OhpiOv2/file.html
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread