5th February 2019, 06:51 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt Rhine-Main metropolitan region
Thanks Meter: 1,481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUBiCA

Hi,

Thank you for your work! I just have two questions: do you spread updates via normal OTA or do we have to go to this thread to check for updates? I will definitely root it too with Magisk, would I need to redo this after every update?

No OTA, you would have to check this thread (Updater app is even not part of the build).
Magisk has got an updater script to "survive" updates (I.e. re-install after flashing), so it does not make any difference whether you would regularly flash or - if it was available - do OTA. So after flashing new build (as long as you don't wipe anything), Magisk will still be there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSe1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSe1969 Ad-Free

9th February 2019, 07:18 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
New build with February 2019 ASB
Hi all,
a new build is available for download with the February '19 security patches.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397888325

EDIT: Please use this link
  • ASB Security string 2019-02-05
  • Bromite System Webview updated to M72
  • Kernel: merged CAF tag LA.UM.6.5.r1-10600-8x96.0 plus sec. patches of the February 2019 Android Security Bulletin

Happy flashing,
regards M.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSe1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSe1969 Ad-Free
9th February 2019, 08:40 PM |#23  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 306

More
I know it is not meant to be used with gapps but would this room work if I flashed gapps would it crash/ perform badly etc issues
9th February 2019, 09:34 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I know it is not meant to be used with gapps but would this room work if I flashed gapps would it crash/ perform badly etc issues

I expect issues because of the stricter sepolicy. Further, Gapps will replace some system files and thus a big portion of the hardening will be lost. It could also be, that safety net may fail. Or it could be, that it seems to work, but sporadic weird things happen sometimes.

So you can try, if you want, and report here. I haven't tried myself yet. If it indeed works (or mostly), it could be also interesting for others. However, I can't and I won't provide any support for this setup.
10th February 2019, 01:06 AM |#25  
Flag colorado springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSe1969

I expect issues because of the stricter sepolicy. Further, Gapps will replace some system files and thus a big portion of the hardening will be lost. It could also be, that safety net may fail. Or it could be, that it seems to work, but sporadic weird things happen sometimes.

So you can try, if you want, and report here. I haven't tried myself yet. If it indeed works (or mostly), it could be also interesting for others. However, I can't and I won't provide any support for this setup.

Thanks I might give it a try later and I understand that you are not going to provide support
10th February 2019, 02:21 AM |#26  
Flag colorado springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSe1969

So I gave it a try didn't work setup wizard froze at searching for updates
I used open gapps nano 8.1
1/19/2019
And magisk 18.1
Clean flashed
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
10th February 2019, 09:18 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So just to make sure because I'm doing this for the first time. Just reboot to recovery and install new build? No need to wipe anything? Some guides tell to wipe dalvik cache and cache and some to just install the update.
10th February 2019, 09:39 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightfiveseven

So just to make sure because I'm doing this for the first time. Just reboot to recovery and install new build? No need to wipe anything? Some guides tell to wipe dalvik cache and cache and some to just install the update.

If you have my build installed, and you would like now to update to get the February ASB: All you need to do is to flash the new ZIP file in TWRP and choose "Install" - no need to wipe cache/dalvik.
The system will recognize by itself, which apps need the cache to be renewed. But if you wipe cache/dalvik, e.g. because TWRP usually offers this step directly after flashing, it won't harm anything. The next boot will take longer then. (As said, not necessary)
10th February 2019, 10:22 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

So I gave it a try didn't work setup wizard froze at searching for updates
I used open gapps nano 8.1
1/19/2019
And magisk 8.1
Clean flashed

Thanks for testing this. Surprised that already the Google Setup Wizard, which is called by the LineageOS SUW, goes on strike...
10th February 2019, 10:59 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Hi, could you please merge linux stable into this kernel. We have an up to date linage15.1 tree from @nathanchance here: https://github.com/android-linux-sta...s/lineage-15.1
The Following User Says Thank You to mumapizza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mumapizza Ad-Free
10th February 2019, 08:58 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumapizza

Hi, could you please merge linux stable into this kernel. We have an up to date linage15.1 tree from @nathanchance here: https://github.com/android-linux-sta...s/lineage-15.1

I have started a while back to upstream the kernel to a local test branch, but this is less trivial than it may sound... Tbh, has not the highest priority: the sec. patches are in and the overall behavior is ok.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)