[EOL][OP3T][ROM+KERNEL] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 with custom kernel [Apr 30, 2017]

Search This thread

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Hello Sultan,

Great ROM. I am using 14.1 build from 4-13. I am getting a Chrome FC when I try to download a wallpaper from Google Images.

Here's a log. I can reproduce this bug by trying to save the wallpaper again from Google images.

Edit: Oops, I updated Chrome in Playstore and now I don't get this issue anymore. Disregard!

Attachments

• alogcat.2017-04-14-19-34-11-0400.txt
    116.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: BIGWORM

BIGWORM

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello Sultan,

Great ROM. I am using 14.1 build from 4-13. I am getting a Chrome FC when I try to download a wallpaper from Google Images.

Here's a log. I can reproduce this bug by trying to save the wallpaper again from Google images.

Edit: Oops, I updated Chrome in Playstore and now I don't get this issue anymore. Disregard!

There's a dedicated thread for the Nougat Sultan rom. Would suggest you post your log in there.

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
My oneplus3t not booting up after flashing rom

I have just flashed the rom and followed the instructios and yet it is not booting up. I am stuck at the boot animatons for more than 25 minutes or so. Any suggestions? I would appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Rebel7022

Oct 13, 2016
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have just flashed the rom and followed the instructios and yet it is not booting up. I am stuck at the boot animatons for more than 25 minutes or so. Any suggestions? I would appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Its because the firmware he posted is the actual oxygen whole rom, the firmware is only supposed to be like 46 mb, the firmware on the first post is over a gig, so your probably gonna have reboot into twrp do a full wipe, data, system,dalvik cache, cache and then install your rom. Fyi the firmware for this room is 354.

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
Its because the firmware he posted is the actual oxygen whole rom, the firmware is only supposed to be like 46 mb, the firmware on the first post is over a gig, so your probably gonna have reboot into twrp do a full wipe, data, system,dalvik cache, cache and then install your rom. Fyi the firmware for this room is 354.
so in other words just install the rom? after fully cleaning? I just formatted the data partition to ex4 from f2fs and still nothing. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Also don't I need the firmware image from oxygen? do you have a link for the separate firmware?

Rebel7022

Oct 13, 2016
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 4 XL

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
all right, will try that, will get back if it worked

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

I've done that and it doesn't seem to be working. I dont know what else to try. Any other suggestions?

Fed2x

Dec 12, 2016
[/COLOR]
Yea go for RR official, it's solid in the 3t

This is kinda crumby. Against the spirit of XDA. Not cool.
The why:
Recommending other ROMS in someones thread.

Recommending they quit. Instead of troubleshooting while also insinuating this ROM is not solid.[/QUOTE]
I hate RR. Sultan all the way. He's our beloved leader.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
I agree with you. I have trier RR and I was disappointed. Now I'm seeing all these great comments and screenshots about battery and its sad that I can find no fix to try it for myseld ?.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 6a
This is kinda crumby. Against the spirit of XDA. Not cool.
The why:
Recommending other ROMS in someones thread.

Recommending they quit. Instead of troubleshooting while also insinuating this ROM is not solid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sure, talking **** about someone's builds and telling them to quit is bad and should not be a thing.

But honestly, if one's looking for specific features, and someone tells them to try a different ROM, I see nothing wrong with that.
Also, when two or more developers are building the same ROM separately, really only one's going to stand out and be the most successful (especially if none of the devs are including custom features to their roms)

^that's just personal preference, some may enjoy RR more than LOS.

Last edited:

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
I flashed the rom. I flashed the whole oxygen OS and separate firmware. Tried it separately and a then flashed the rom. I cannot boot into the rom. Its stuck at the booting screen. How long did it take for you guys for the first boot?

MickyFoley

Mar 17, 2012
Traun
defcon5.biz
@benm98: If it takes longer than 10 to 15 minutes, it might got stuck. You can try to plugin your phone to your pc and boot to bootloader. Then following command: fastboot continue
Should be fine then. Could also be possible, you might have to do this step once again: Flashing the ROM itself via TWRP. I also got the problem as I got my OP3T and that command saved my life :):

Edit: Just for the one or other user: Sultan did the job for CM13 that nice, I'm not even a bit into any mood (for now) to even get his LineageOS build.

Last edited:
Reactions: benm98

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
@benm98: If it takes longer than 10 to 15 minutes, it might got stuck. You can try to plugin your phone to your pc and boot to bootloader. Then following command: fastboot continue
Should be fine then. Could also be possible, you might have to do this step once again: Flashing the ROM itself via TWRP. I also got the problem as I got my OP3T and that command saved my life :):

Edit: Just for the one or other user: Sultan did the job for CM13 that nice, I'm not even a bit into any mood (for now) to even get his LineageOS build.

Just to double check. You are suggesting that I clean wipe the phone, boot into bootloader and run that command then flash the firmware and rom again?

MickyFoley

Mar 17, 2012
Traun
defcon5.biz
@benm98:
1st: If your phone hangs in booting, just restart it to get it into the bootloader mode
2nd: Connect your phone to your PC
3rd: Run the command: fastboot continue
4th: Let it boot until it's finished
5th: Check, if all is OK. Upload some files from your PC to your phone and see, if they're kept. Mine vanished the 1st time magically
6th: If some weird things happen - like I mentioned before - just boot back into TWRP, wipe SYSTEM, DALVIK and CACHE and flash CM13 including OpenGAPPS again along with - if your need - SuperSU, xposed, etc.
7th: Let your phone boot normally. This time, it will boot in 5 to 7 minutes (1st boot only - of course :)).

Finished.

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
@benm98:
1st: If your phone hangs in booting, just restart it to get it into the bootloader mode
5th: Check, if all is OK. Upload some files from your PC to your phone and see, if they're kept. Mine vanished the 1st time magically
6th: If some weird things happen - like I mentioned before - just boot back into TWRP, wipe SYSTEM, DALVIK and CACHE and flash CM13 including OpenGAPPS again along with - if your need - SuperSU, xposed, etc.
7th: Let your phone boot normally. This time, it will boot in 5 to 7 minutes.

Finished.

Not home right now, but will try when I get home. I appreciate your help.

christantoan

Oct 9, 2015
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Does anyone else not receive any feedback when using "vdc cryptfs changepw" and "vdc cryptfs verifypw"?
AFAIK it will return 200 0 0 if success/correct and 200 0 -1 if failed/incorrect

Thanks

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using Tapatalk

moSess

Nov 3, 2007
Queens
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
I agree with you. I have trier RR and I was disappointed. Now I'm seeing all these great comments and screenshots about battery and its sad that I can find no fix to try it for myseld .

%99.9 of the time, in the time I've been in XDA, in ROMS with overwhelmingly positive feedback, issues are user error. That one missed step.

But honestly, if one's looking for specific features, and someone tells them to try a different ROM, I see nothing wrong with that.
I think he wanted to get THIS Working
I flashed the rom. I flashed the whole oxygen OS and separate firmware. Tried it separately and a then flashed the rom. I cannot boot into the rom. Its stuck at the booting screen. How long did it take for you guys for the first boot?

benm98

Apr 15, 2017
@benm98:
7th: Let your phone boot normally. This time, it will boot in 5 to 7 minutes (1st boot only - of course :)).

Finished.

Nooo. I was actually expecting this to work... can it be because of the ext4 format type? Should I use f2f? Is there anything else you suggest that I try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a unified CyanogenMod 13.0 ROM that works on both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. It is based off of the stable CyanogenMod branch instead of the nightly branch, with the main goal being stability with an overall good user experience. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.

Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.

ROM features:
    • Supports both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
    • Based off latest CyanogenMod 13.0 stable (ZNH5Y) sources (root access is NOT included)
    • OTA updates via built-in CMUpdater
    • Fast fingerprint unlock
    • Pocket mode for the fingerprint sensor (this is always enabled)
    • Improved GPS speed and accuracy
    • Custom camera app featuring:
      -Photo quality comparable to OxygenOS
      -Anti-shake mode (increases the shutter speed to reduce motion blur)
      -Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 30 seconds)
      -Manual ISO control
      -EIS when recording video at resolutions lower than 4k UHD
      -Video HDR mode
      -Antibanding control
      -Exposure control
      -Denoise control
      -Face detection
      -HDR
      -Many other manual controls
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel features:
    • Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Snapdragon 821 CAF base from Qualcomm (LA.HB.1.3.2)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • F2FS support
    • DASH charge
    • Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
    • Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
    • Reduced display power consumption
    • Touchscreen gestures are automatically disabled when the proximity sensor is covered
    • Improved touchscreen processing latency
    • Improved audio jack detection (no more weird buzzing noise and headphones are always detected on the first try)
    • CPU underclocked for improved stability and efficiency (big cluster: 2150 MHz LITTLE cluster: 1516 MHz)
    • Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
    • Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
    • No placebo patches, features, or compiler "optimizations"
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

Source code:
    Kernel (cm-13.0-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
    Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/oneplus3/cm-13.0-stable/local_manifest.xml

Credits:
    • CyanogenMod and its contributors
    • CAF (aka Qualcomm)
    • myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
    • Open GApps
    • glassfish777 for testing and helping me pass AP physics in high school
      The people who first brought CM13.0 to the OnePlus 3:
    • Grarak
    • dianlujitao
    • Steve Kondik
    • If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9

Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
    First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, SuperSU if you want root access (ONLY v2.65 OR HIGHER), and then reboot.

If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("You do not have the correct firmware installed!" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash that zip file. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.

Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
    If you are already running my CM13.0 ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.

Downloads:
    Firmware (one-time installation): http://oxygenos.oneplus.net.s3.amaz...8_OTA_029_all_1612131737_17e7161d2b234949.zip
    ROM:

Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.

Mirror 1: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=24515

Mirror 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=135376&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "6.0", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
    SuperSU (if you want root access): http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unified CM13.0 with custom 3.18.20 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 3T

Contributors
    Sultanxda
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-11
    Last Updated 2018-01-20
    Changelog:

April 30, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Android Security Patch Level: April 1, 2017
    *Camera: Changed default sharpness setting to 2 (this is what OxygenOS uses)

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-40600-8x96.0
    *Made CPU governor and CPU boost driver scale up more aggressively (increases overall performance)
    *Fixed power-aware scheduling
    *Fixed random reboot when power save mode is enabled
    *Improved power consumption while the screen is off and reduced latency when turning the screen on (info)

Old changelogs:

April 2, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Fixed touchscreen firmware update process
    *Updated touchscreen firmware from the latest OxygenOS Open Beta

March 25, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Increased the maximum number of background apps allowed in memory back to 60
    *Camera: Reduced the chances of capturing an out-of-focus picture

Kernel:
    *Fixed memory management issues (the occasional wake-up lag and overall lag are fixed)
    *Fixed several memory leaks
    *Fixed slight noise from the camera lens when exiting an app that uses the camera

March 18, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Android Security Patch Level: March 1, 2017
    *Camera: Added option to enable/disable refocus on photo capture
    *Reduced the maximum number of background apps allowed in memory from 60 to 32

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-37900-8x96.0
    *Updated WiFi drivers to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-37900-8x96.0
    *Synced with CAF LA.HB.1.3.1.c1-23100-8x96.0 (contains many security fixes)

February 19, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Fixed VoLTE
    *Camera: Fixed freezing when capturing photos with flash
    *Fixed reboots during H.265 (HEVC) video playback

Kernel:
    *Added missing cpusets support (cpusets are fully functional now)

February 12, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Android Security Patch Level: February 1, 2017

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-36200-8x96.0
    *Updated WiFi drivers to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-36200-8x96.0
    *Added missing security fix to camera actuator driver
    *Enabled cpusets (improves battery life and performance)

January 24, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Camera: Fixed touch-to-focus not working after taking a picture
    *Camera: Fixed shutter button not working once after taking a picture

January 23, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated display auto-brightness configuration from OxygenOS (thanks to @kristofpetho)
    *Camera: Fixed camera not focusing at all sometimes (the actuator would not move at all)
    *Attempted to fix regression from previous build causing the occasional long delay for fingerprint unlocking

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-35300-8x96.0

January 15, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Camera: Fixed distortion at the edges of photos captured in low-light conditions (more info)
    *Camera: Removed focus mode option (didn't provide anything useful)
    *Camera: Removed scene mode button from the front-facing camera (many of the scenes didn't work)
    *Fixed status bar icons not inverting color correctly after a fingerprint unlock (more info)
    *Fixed out-of-sync audio while streaming videos in the Netflix app
    *Fixed buggy long press to turn off the screen for the home button (more info)

Kernel:
    *Fixed inability to change the CPU's maximum frequency (you can now change the CPU's max. freq. in apps like Kernel Adiutor)
    *Reduced jitter after turning the screen on
    *Synced with CAF LA.HB.1.3.1.c1-20600-8x96.0 (security fix)

January 7, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Android Security Patch Level: January 1, 2017
    *Updated WiFi configuration from Google Pixel
    *Removed CyanogenMod statistics
    *Updated audio HAL to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-34600-8x96.0
    *Updated media HAL to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-34600-8x96.0
    *Camera: Fixed force close when taking photos with the front camera
    *Camera: Fixed force close when face detection is enabled
    *Camera: Improved auto-focus (the camera will quickly re-focus every time you take a picture; this should make it much easier to take clear photos)
    *Camera: Fixed low-exposure bug when recording video with the front camera (videos would look black due to low exposure)
    *Camera: Removed storage location option (it was broken)

Kernel:
    *Android Security Patch Level: January 1, 2017
    *Updated to CAF LA.HB.1.3.2-34600-8x96.0
    *Fixed random reboots for devices with an s6e3fa5 panel
    *Fixed horizontal line glitch when turning off the screen on devices with an s6e3fa5 panel
    *Fixed sRGB mode on devices with an s6e3fa5 panel
    *Fixed home button unintentionally getting long-pressed (more info)
    *Fixed occasional intense lag when waking the device

December 27, 2016:
    ROM:
    *Latest upstream (stable/cm-13.0-ZNH5Y) CyanogenMod changes
    *Camera: Fixed photo not getting saved when exiting the camera app before the photo is saved
    *Camera: Added warning message when Anti-shake mode is enabled
    *Camera: Anti-shake mode will automatically turn off every time the Camera app is closed
    *Camera: Fixed low frame rate when recording video (video now records at 30 FPS instead of 24 FPS)
    *Camera: Removed HDR mode from front-facing camera (unstable and OxygenOS does not have it)
    *Updated proprietary libraries from OxygenOS 3.5.4
    *The 'Prevent accidental wake-up' option no longer stops the power button from waking the device
    *Fixed battery capacity being reported as 3000 mAh instead of 3400 mAH
    *Updated AudioFX app from CM nightlies

Kernel:
    *Fixed support for devices using a different display variant (thanks to @KaZo58 for testing)
    *Fixed 'Prevent accidental wake-up' option never turning off
    *Updated CPU underclock: increased big cluster maximum frequency to 2150 MHz, reduced LITTLE cluster maximum frequency to 1516 MHz
    *CPU underclock cannot be disabled (due to stability issues that are still being investigated)
    *Synced with CAF LA.HB.1.3.1.c1-20100-8x96.0 (security fixes)

December 11, 2016:
    ROM:
    *Initial release

Kernel:
    *Initial release
    FAQ:

1. Why did you underclock the CPU?
    Answer: At the underclocked frequencies, the amount of heat generated by the CPU is quite a bit less, so the CPU is throttled less often (leading to better user experience), and battery life is better as well. The performance difference while underclocked is also not really noticeable unless you use a benchmark application. The CPU is also underclocked due to stability issues at higher frequencies affecting some OP3Ts; because of this, the CPU underclock cannot be disabled.
    New build is up with the VoLTE finally fixed and some other old (but extremely frustrating) bugs fixed. I'm pretty sure VoLTE was broken for everyone using this ROM on the OP3T, so I'm happy it finally works now :victory:
    Underclock experiment

Since quite a few people seem to doubt the energy savings from underclocking, I decided to perform a somewhat rough test to see if it is really effective. For this test, I booted the phone into recovery (where there are no background processes running) and measured battery current statistics reported by the fuelgauge chip.

Control variables for the test:
    -Enabled all CPU cores
    -Disabled CPU frequency scaling (so all CPU cores run at the requested frequency without jumping up or down)
    -Made the GPU run at its lowest frequency
    -Disabled thermal throttling
    -Reduced the screen brightness to 1/255
    -Ran this command from inside TWRP's terminal: "while true; do cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/current_now; sleep 0.5; done"
    -Kept the battery close to or at 100%
    -Charger was disconnected during measurement periods

I changed each CPU cluster's frequency for a few minutes at a time and observed the average battery current reported by the fuelgauge chip.
    Here are the results:
    Code:
    LITTLE        big           Avg battery current (positive = battery is draining)
    2188800 kHz + 2342400 kHz = 656000 uA
    1593600 kHz + 2342400 kHz = 651000 uA
    1516800 kHz + 2342400 kHz = 649000 uA
    1440000 kHz + 2342400 kHz = 647000 uA
    2188800 kHz + 2246400 kHz = 633000 uA
    [B]2188800 kHz + 2150400 kHz = 609000 uA <-- optimal configuration[/B]
    2188800 kHz + 2054400 kHz = 604000 uA
    2188800 kHz + 1900800 kHz = 603000 uA

LITTLE = the frequency that the LITTLE CPU cluster was running at, and big = the frequency that the big CPU cluster was running at.

Although underclocking the LITTLE CPU cluster was not very effective, and did not provide significant power savings, underclocking the big CPU cluster was very effective in this test. Lowering the big CPU cluster's frequency down to 2150 MHz reduced the current draw from the battery by almost 50 mA, which is fairly significant.

For the next build, I'm going to remove the underclock on the LITTLE CPU cluster and increase the big CPU cluster's max frequency to 2150 MHz.