[ROM][3t-optimized][OMS][microG-ready]NLOS-14.1 - 20180309 [EOL]

• Thread starter Deleted member 4405529
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4405529

15.1: beta03

Build 20180223 (fallen asleep before build has finished, so don't be comfused by build date)

Releasenotes:

NLOS-15.1 relays on Oreo firmware. ob16 or later is needed, I strongly recommend using ob22 (because that's what I'm testing with): oxygenos-ob22-firmware.zip

beta02 users can just dirty flash beta02 (don't forget to wipt cache and dalvik after the dirty flash!) Since GCam is updated, I recooment wiping GCams data.

Changelog (synced lineageos 15.1 02/23 at 21:30 UTC):
  • Update GoogleCamera to GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V5.apk. — Nvertigo
  • Allow location providers also outside of /system. — danielegobbetti
  • Add signature Spoofing permission — Benoît Mauduit
  • telephony: Hack GSM and LTE signal strength — Sultanxda
    Code:
        makeSignalStrengthFromRilParcel() is used for both solicited and
        unsolicited requests, so we can hack it to send better signal strength
        values to the modem backend. This significantly helps in areas where
        GSM or LTE signal is poor but usable, in which case the modem would often
        disconnect completely or fall back to a lower network mode (resulting in
        poor UX).

Also, always report a valid ASU for LTE, even when the signal noise is
        considered to be terrible, and adjust the threshold for terrible signal
        noise in the signal icon as well.
  • op3t: blobs: pin defcomg@xda's libmmcamera_s5k3p8sp.so. — Nvertigo
  • op3t: gps: XTRA: use https and check for version 3. — Nvertigo
  • WireGuard-0.0.20180218.
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'lineageos/lineage-15.1' into linux-stable/merge-15.1 — Nvertigo

[SIZE="+2"]DOWNLOAD[/SIZE]​

Happy flashing!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4405529

I'm the only one getting less cell network coverage (LTE and even H+) with this build? Pretty sure it has something to do with the new firmware (ob22).

Someone else experiencing this?

@cabrox

I think I read that OOS artificially inflates your signal strength. So it shows more bars even if the signal is not that strong. LOS doesn't do that. Bars are pretty subjective and I'd suggest relying on dBM instead. The threshold for the bars could be different from rom to rom.

Good point! I failed so often on guessing, what people mean, that I don't claim to be sure on this.

But I guess @cabrox is talking of exactly the same problem @Sultanxda's hack is adressing:

In my basement I have 3g or H+ without this patch - with the patch I get lte and sometimes lte+. Honestly I've never compared the bars. I've always looked for type and data rate. Both are considerablaly increased after applying this patch: uploading a 15.1 build via tethering takes about 20 min without the patch, but less then 8 min with it - why look at bars... ;) (Of course this only applies to bad coverage [i.e. basement] - with really good signals there is no difference.)

Let me know your expirience...

Reactions: SourPower
D

Deleted member 4405529

With the previous build I tried recording but my video files always came out corrupted, tried snap, modded gcam 4 and 5, open camera, they all produced corrupted videos. After flashing this update they all work..

Strange, worked for me.

You know, you need to uninstall shiped priv-app, before you can use an other GCam? Havn't checked with OpenCamera, but video recording was good for me since beta01.
@all: please report bugs. Otherwise I think everything is ok and go rc. That's much more important then feature requsts at current stage!

TheGatorade

Mar 18, 2012
Turin
Strange, worked for me.

You know, you need to uninstall shiped priv-app, before you can use an other GCam? Havn't checked with OpenCamera, but video recording was good for me since beta01.

@all: please report bugs. Otherwise I think everything is ok and go rc. That's much more important then feature requsts at current stage!
I came here to report it and found rom update :D
Anyway I haven't noticed any more bugs. Signal strength was the only problem and that's good too now.

D

Deleted member 4405529

I came here to report it and found rom update :D
Anyway I haven't noticed any more bugs. Signal strength was the only problem and that's good too now.

Was a great reminder! Since I don't give too much focus on the bars, I always remembered to put the hack in again, when I saw the data rate when uploading a just finished rom... ;) In other words: I always remembered too late... *lol*

Reactions: cabrox

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
NLOS-15.1 is now here.

Would be great, if someone could check the OP for completeness, links working and everything changed to 15.1 (or oreo for that matter). Thanx in advance.

Goodbye NLOS 14.1 thread, prepare to get removed from my subscribed threads list.

Since you asked us to check the op... The new op still says Android 7.1.2 and LOS 14.1 instead of Oreo lol in multiple places.

The linked microg patches seem to be for nougat. Cmxlog links to 14.1 and the currently know issues link doesn't seem to work. Rest of the links work and everything else seems fine. Also might want to add a link to the GCam mod thread since you're using that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

UPDATE (March security patch) [EOL]

Build 20180309

Releasenotes:

This build requires firmware OpenBeta 15 (aka ob15). As always an archive of all firmwares can be found below in the firmware section of Downloads - the flashable firmwares are the original (file names starting with oxygenos* hold original fw files) OnePlus fw images. NLOS and 'old'-style bootlogos can be found down in this posting.

This is most propably the last NLOS-14.1 build. I want to say "Thanx" to all users. Please feel invited to to use NLOS-15.1!

EOL.

Changelog:
  • Sync to upstream: March Security Patch.
  • boeffla_wl_blocker: defconfig: enable wl_blocker. — nvertigo
  • wl_blocker: add more wakelocks to the default block list — Francisco Franco
  • boeffla_wl_blocker: update to wakelock blocker driver v1.1.0 — andip71
  • boeffla_wl_blocker: update to wakelock blocker driver v1.0.1 — andip71
  • boeffla_wl_blocker: add generic wakelock blocker driver v1.0.0 — andip71
  • WG: squash WireGuard-0.0.20180304. — nvertigo

Bootlogo choices
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip
back_in_black_bootlogo-v1.0.zip

[SIZE=+2]DOWNLOAD[/SIZE]​

Happy flashing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    NLOS is an unofficial LineageOS build with many additions. These additions started small and have grown large over the month. So, it's time to name it NLOS - which still is an UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build.

Thanks to @UnbracedTundra NLOS has it's own logo, bootanimation and wallpapers.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    My priorities are stabillity, battery, performance - in that order. At the moment this means this build is optimized for oneplus3t - and it
    runs only on oneplus3t.
    In addition this rom contains two patches (https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch and https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch) to be microG ready - this means freedom of choice to flash either gapps or install (microG How to use Android without Google Apps). Since LineageOS lacks a theme engine this rom comes with OMS patches applied and is Substratum ready.

NLOS is shipped with Camera2 (atm I recommend the modded Google Camera from Modded Google Camera with HDR+, 60FPS video and Slow Motion by @S4turno or the modded OnePlusCamera from my downloads - do NOT! install both the same time: it's GCam XOR OPCam.

The kernel is prepared for Wireguard VPN - to use Wireguard for vpn-tunnels you need to get the WireGuard-apk from playstore. WireGuard developer @zx2c4 runs a dedicated Wireguard Thread.

Currently known issue can be found here.

If you find an issue, follow these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58239877&postcount=3

Everybody has his very own definition of "clean flash" or "dirty flash". I use these phrases like descriped in this posting: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58239877&postcount=2

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty isn't void: we are on an oneplus device.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 builds for oneplus3t - it is not for oneplus3. The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed
    gapps packages bigger then opengapps-nano (read this.)

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files (i.e. by using gapps bigger then opengapps-nano)

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the ROM below in the downloads section (or from a mirror; see posting #2)
    2. If you have downloaded a build with "firmware" in it's name, the needed firmware is included and installed while flashing. If you have downloaded a build without "firmware" in it's name, you need to flash the needed firmware BEFORE flashing the rom. You'll find the firmware flashable zips near the end of this posting. New files are added on top of the list.
    3. Download exactly Beans Dynamic Mini Gapps (Note that any other version of Google Apps are known to have wide spread side effects - see posting #4; section "gapps' known issues"
    4. Install exactly this TWRP.
    5. Reboot into recovery.
    6. Backup your current ROM and make sure you have backups of your data you want to keep.
    7. Flash firmware if not using a build with "firmware" in it's name.
    8. Wipe system, data and cache. (Before flashing anything, make sure the system partition is NOT mounted: TWRP-home->mount->uncheck system)
    9. Flash LineageOS
    10. Flash Google Apps (see posting #4; section "gapps' known issues") If you want to use microG skip this step and install microG (How to use Android without Google Apps).
    11. Reboot (as usual: first boot takes loooooong ;) )

Updating this rom
    Dirty flashing should work just fine: reboot into recovery and flash a newer LineageOS zip. Settings, apps and even google apps should be preserved.
    Important: if you encounter any issues, a clean install is recommended and even required if you need support.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

I won't build on a daily (or nightly) basis. I will publish new builds, if I fixed something, important upstream changes or new security patchlevels.

LineageOS changelog: https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/

Since my time is quite limited till end of October, the update frequency is reduced to 7 to 10 days.

Build 20180309

Releasenotes:

This build requires firmware OpenBeta 15 (aka ob15). As always an archive of all firmwares can be found below in the firmware section of Downloads - the flashable firmwares are the original (file names starting with oxygenos* hold original fw files) OnePlus fw images. NLOS and 'old'-style bootlogos can be found down in this posting.

This is most propably the last NLOS-14.1 build. I want to say "Thanx" to all users. Please feel invited to to use NLOS-15.1!

EOL.

Changelog:
    • Sync to upstream: March Security Patch.
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: defconfig: enable wl_blocker. — nvertigo
    • wl_blocker: add more wakelocks to the default block list — Francisco Franco
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: update to wakelock blocker driver v1.1.0 — andip71
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: update to wakelock blocker driver v1.0.1 — andip71
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: add generic wakelock blocker driver v1.0.0 — andip71
    • WG: squash WireGuard-0.0.20180304. — nvertigo

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

History

Build 20180214

Releasenotes:

There has been some confusion on twrp versions, lately. For nlos always use the "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0".

If you have issues with bootloops or access to data with some apps, use "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0" to FORMAT(!) the data partition of the device:
    • Backup all your data (eveything under /sdcard/; i.e. Downloads, Vodeo, DCIM, etc...)
    • Boot to "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0".
    • Tap on "Wipe".
    • Tap on "Format Data".
    • Confirm with swipe. This actually clears your complete data partition, including all data and encyption.
    • Check if the newly created fs is the type you want (ext4 and f2fs is supported) - eventually change it to your liking.
    • Just follow the OP's procedure for first installs from OP's "Installation" section (clearing data is allready done, of course).

Changelog:
    • Sync to upstream: Feb. Security Patch

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Build 20180206

Releasenotes:

There has been some confusion on twrp versions, lately. For nlos always use the "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0".

If you have issues with bootloops or access to data with some apps, use "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0" to FORMAT(!) the data partition of the device:
    • Backup all your data (eveything under /sdcard/; i.e. Downloads, Vodeo, DCIM, etc...)
    • Boot to "original nougat twrp-3.2.1-0".
    • Tap on "Wipe".
    • Tap on "Format Data".
    • Confirm with swipe. This actually clears your complete data partition, including all data and encyption.
    • Check if the newly created fs is the type you want (ext4 and f2fs is supported) - eventually change it to your liking.
    • Just follow the OP's procedure for first installs from OP's "Installation" section (clearing data is allready done, of course).

I have reintroduced lineageos Snpdragon Camera (Snap), because of it's new implemented QuickReader - the issue with crashes on one of the first ff-cammtaken pics is still present. Wiping system and reflashing BeansGapps-Mini-7.1.x-20170725.zip is highly recommended!

Changelog:
    • op3: Address SELiunx denials — dianlujitao
    • op3: Unbreak perfd — dianlujitao
    • Revert "Drop LineageOS/CAF SnapCam aka Snap." — nvertigo
    • qcacld-2.0: Update to LA.UM.5.5.r1-06700-8x96.0 — dianlujitao
    • Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-06700-8x96.0' into cm-14.1 — dianlujitao
    • ANDROID: xattr: Pass EOPNOTSUPP to permission2 — Daniel Rosenberg
    • ANDROID: sdcardfs: Move default_normal to superblock — Daniel Rosenberg
    • ANDROID: sdcardfs: Fix missing break on default_normal — Daniel Rosenberg
    • f2fs: Reset to v4.14-rc1-3.18 — dianlujitao

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Build 20180131

Releasenotes:

Changelog:
    • Mantainance: synced to los.

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

P.S.: chagallwifi build is updated as well - f2fs for cache and data fixed.

Build 20180120

Releasenotes:

Changelog:
    • Revert "Track our own version of android_vendor_codeaurora_telephony." — Nvertigo
    • Update WireGuard to 0.0.20180118.

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Build 20180116

Releasenotes:

Changelog:
    • Xtra Fixes - https, version check & version 3 — Wyatt Riley
    • January security update.

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

P.S.: chagallwifi build is updated as well - aptx enabled.

Happy flashing!

Build 20180109

Releasenotes:

Some new fs, fs-crypt and sdcardfs patches has been merged upstream. Perhaps these also solve the remaining issues with bootloops, though I have only very little hope these will avoid the necessity of reformatting the user-data partition.

Changelog:
    • fscrypt: move to generic async completion — Gilad Ben-Yossef
    • crypto: introduce crypto wait for async op — Gilad Ben-Yossef
    • fscrypt: lock mutex before checking for bounce page pool — Eric Biggers
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_prepare_setattr(
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_prepare_lookup(
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_prepare_rename(
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_prepare_link(
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_file_open(
    • fscrypt: new helper function - fscrypt_require_key(
    • fscrypt: remove unneeded empty fscrypt_operations structs — Eric Biggers
    • fscrypt: remove ->is_encrypted(
    • fscrypt: switch from ->is_encrypted(
    • fs, fscrypt: add an S_ENCRYPTED inode flag — Eric Biggers
    • fscrypt: clean up include file mess — Dave Chinner
    • fscrypt: fix dereference of NULL user_key_payload — Eric Biggers
    • fscrypt: make ->dummy_context(
    • ANDROID: sdcardfs: Add default_normal option — Daniel Rosenberg
    • ANDROID: sdcardfs: notify lower file of opens — Daniel Rosenberg

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

P.S.: chagallwifi build is updated as well.

Happy flashing!

Build 20180106

Releasenotes:

I've done some testing with toolchains: I couldn't find any advantage using Snapdragon llvm, so I decided to stay with laos stock clang. I also found that using a gcc-6 based cortex-a53 toolchain on the kernel (instead of 4.9) makes the resulting kernel a very little bit more bat friendly. But I did NOT found any advantage of UBERTC/Linaro compared to plain (no Linaro patches and enhancements) gcc-6 build for cortex-a53.

Considering those observations, I decided to use:
    kernel: cortex-a53 optimized gcc-6.4.1 (crosstool-ng, config: https://bitbucket.org/nvertigo/aarc...og.bz2?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default)
    All other c- and c++-code in the rom: stock laos llvm/clang

Your milleage may vary, but to me this combination is CURRENTLY giving the best ballance of performance and bat life. Let me know your impressions.

Changelog:
    • Remove Snapdragon LLVM. — Nvertigo
    • Add aarch64-linux-android-6.4: stock gcc version 6.4.1 20171215 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.23.0-288-gadaa3a5d
    • Remove aarch64-linux-android-6.x. — Nvertigo
    • Remove aarch64-linux-android-5.x. — Nvertigo
    • Remove aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9. — Nvertigo
    • Remove aarch64-linux-android-4.9-kernel. — Nvertigo
    • Fix derp in opting in LINEAGE_VERSION_APPEND_TIME_OF_DAY. — nvertigo
    • Opt in LINEAGE_VERSION_APPEND_TIME_OF_DAY. — nvertigo
    • Use GNU gcc 6.4.1 for kernel building. — nvertigo
    • gcc-6.4.1: disable unused-const-variable warnings. — nvertigo
    • gcc-6.4.1: remove unsed variable fsm_en. — nvertigo
    • gcc-6.4.1: fix a bunch of (misleading) indents. — nvertigo
    • bluetooth: hci_sock: Fix warning detected by gcc 5.3.1 — NewEraCracker
    • tfa9890: tfa_container: Fix warnings detected by gcc 5.3.1 — NewEraCracker
    • treewide: Fix code errors detected using Linaro GCC 6.3.1 — Sultan Alsawaf
    • treewide: Properly fix use of uninitialized variables — Sultan Alsawaf

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Build 20171230

Releasenotes:

Changelog:
    • mcpu: use cortex-a53 with stock clang/llvm. — nvertigo
    • Revert "msm: camerav2: isp: Reserve rdi ub based on image size" — nvertigo
    • Revert "msm: camera: Synchronize v4l2 subscribe and unsubscribe event in camera.c" — nvertigo
    • Revert "msm: camera: isp: Allocate kernel page and map to userspace" — nvertigo

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!
    May the source be with you and yours in 2018!

Build 20171223 (xmas-firmware)

Releasenotes:

Changelog:

Firmware requirementsnhave not changed, but to avoid unneseccary hussles during Xmas I included the firmware (with nlos bootlogo) again for this build.

• disable SDCLANG and UBERTC for now (to minimize any issues).
    • Bootlogo: add NLOS bootlogo. — nvertigo
    • net/wireguard: add wireguard importer — nvertigo
    • Revert "msm: mdss: Do not attempt to request TE irq again if already requested" — dianlujitao (laos/cm-14.1
    • op3: Regen defconfig — dianlujitao
    • ANDROID: ion: Fix uninitialized variable — Daniel Rosenberg
    • drivers: staging: Update qcacld-2.0 driver — Luca Stefani
    • Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-06400-8x96.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-3.18 into cm-14.1 — dianlujitao
    • sepolicy: allow apps to stat processes. — nvertigo (nvertigo/nlos-14.1, github/nlos-14.1, nlos-14.1
    • sepolicy: allow cameraserver to search mpctl socket directories. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: add a bunch of denials need for different apps. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow hostapd to access diag_device. — nvertigo
    • gps: update to LA.UM.5.5.r1-06400-8x96.0. — nvertigo
    • Revert "IMS: fix derp: remove some test settings again." — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow time_daemon to connect to unix_stream_socket. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow mediacodec to search mpctl. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow system_server to use setsched. — nvertigo
    • init: set downmigrate after upmigrate. — nvertigo
    • init: remove some artefacts from eas. — nvertigo
    • oneplus3: Enable framework sched boost — Sultanxda
    • BoardConfig.mk: remove out-commented SDCLANG. — nvertigo

Bootlogo choices
    nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Firmware

NVertigo's Oxygen Firmware Archive

Renamed blobs (for use with custom kernels build for unified roms)

NVertigo's UniBlob Archive

TWRP
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/development/recovery-official-twrp-oneplus-3-3t-t3543391

Google Apps:
    Beans Dynamic Mini Gapps

Source and toolchains
    https://github.com/LineageOS/
    https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/tree/cm-14.1 (If you want to build this rom yourself, consult the file named README)

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Happy flashing!
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    3T only - why that?

Since the latest changes in init and overlay, I don't think this posting is true any longer.

I don't like to publish a rom for a device I have not my hands on. So this is still 3t-only.

I completely understand all devs doing unified builds. I completely understand it was so annoying, that oneplus launched 3T half a year after 3, and devs wanted to preserve their work, or don't want to buy just another device. So if you think unified builds are your way, I understand and appriciate that!

For me, on the other hand, it looks like this: I've come from bacon to 3t, I have no 3 and my personal policy is building only for devices I have my hands on. I like OOS - indeed for me it's one of the best stock roms I've ever seen - but it lacks some features I learned to love in cm times, like privacy, app-ops, automatic do not disturb rules and much more.

I lurked some time around in the threads, build OSS from source and tried to dig in the sources. I tried hard to understand the differences of 3 and 3t. What I found in most of the sources was @Sultanxda's and @Graraks patches to load different adreno firmware.

Then I pulled blobs from OOS-4 for 3t and ran diff against the onplus3 blobs from themuppets. I don't say they were completely different, but they differed in about 4/5th of the files (as you can see in this commit: https://github.com/nvertigo/proprie...mmit/17c7609f79167c02041736306b18f52bca5b9ac6). Then I compared the specs of 3 and 3t - surprise: they are different... ;)

Let me give you an example: the battery is different. That means power_profile.xml has to be different for 3 and 3t, too. If you got traped by the hoax, that the 3t comes with a 3000 mAh battery read this.

So I decided to build a rom with all blobs beeing native and configuration optimized for 3t. To my surprise my first attempt ended in a build so smooth with all features I missed, that I fell in love instantly. So I spent even more time on this, added busybox (not as toybox' replacement, but just as binary in /system/xbin/busybox) and used native qcom SnapDragon llvm for CLANG and UBERTC/linaro for kernel.

At this point @mad-murdock tested the build. I wasn't sure about my own perception, because it was my own rom. He ensured me though, it was stable and smooth. So I was happy with the build.

I don't say it's not possible to achieve all this with an unified build. But I'm absolutely sure, that 3 and 3t differ in more aspects then graphic blobs. These differences need to be addressed in unified builds (RR seems to be a step ahead compared to laos). This is far behind my scope (and to stick to my personal policy to build only for devices I have hands on, I would need to get a 3 and a second sim), so here we are: LineageOS for 3t only.

I surely don't want to start a religous debate on "the right way" of building roms for 3 and 3t - there are always many ways to build awesome roms - this is just my way for the moment.
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    UPDATE (eas, ob13, some candy)

Build 20170823

Releasenotes:

This build requires firmware OpenBeta 13 (aka ob12). This build will install the updated firmware and no further action has to be taken. An archive of all firmwares can be found below in the firmware section of Downloads.

With the help and assistance of @joshuous and @RenderBroken I'll managed to apply the patches from https://github.com/EAS-Project/msm8996-eas to the most current los kernel. VoxPopuli is a custom power hal utilizing the schedutil governor to make use of eas. All credits for EAS and VoxPopuli are owed to these two opensource jedi's.

Finally I proudly present the latest evolution of this rom featuring

EAS

Since I have not slept to fix the camera, let me keep it short: it's just a damn good idea.

Impacts on UX? Your job to tell me - my job is done for now... ;)

Good time for a clean flash, though I don't think it's neccesary. If you encounter issues after dirty flash, try the method which includes wiping system and reinstalling beans mini.

Changelog:
    • Fingerprint: Speed up wake-and-unlock scenario — Sultanxda
    • telephony: Hack GSM and LTE signal strength — Sultanxda
    • LockClock: Remove wakelock — Sultanxda
    • cherry-pick EAS (...I'm not listing tgem here: see above links for details)
    • add VoxPopuli
    • Blobs: update to ob13
    • op3t: camera: use libmmcamera_interface.so from ob9. — nvertigo (cam fix)
    • op3: Remove duplicate time_daemon service definition — Sultanxda
    • op3: Add the high performance VR feature — Jonathan Wicks
    • op3t: init: update build fingerprint to OxygenOS OpenBeta 13. — nvertigo (github/141-eas
    • releasetools: remove custom updater script. — nvertigo
    • remove_packages: power.default. — nvertigo
    • blobs: libqti-util: pin prebuilts from OP5 (7.1.1/NMF26X/06271211
    • blobs: add libqti_performance. — nvertigo
    • EAS: blobs: iop: pin prebuilts from OP5 (7.1.1/NMF26X/06271211
    • EAS: blobs: perfd: pin prebuilts to marlin, 7.1.2, NZH54D. — nvertigo
    • op3: Add DCI-P3 entry to color profiles (RenderZenith version
    • sepolicy: fix pathname for busybox. — nvertigo (work
    • toolchain: switch to UBERTC gcc 6.4.1. — nvertigo
    • TARGET_UNOFFICIAL_BUILD_ID: show this is build with EAS. — nvertigo
    • op3: Ensure that perfd is properly started — joshuous
    • EAS: Implement Vox Populi Power HAL — joshuous
    • EAS: init: Initialise EAS default values — joshuous
    • EAS: init: Start perfd after all perfd properties have been set — joshuous
    • EAS: init.qcom.rc: Create /data/misc/perfd — joshuous
    • EAS: Import Marlin perfd policies — joshuous
    • EAS: Set ENABLE_SCHEDBOOST — joshuous

Camera- and Gallery-Download (fixed versions)

Happy flashing!
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    Nlos-14.1: Eol

Ladys and Gentleman, ( ;) )

thanky you very much for using NLOS-14.1.

I want to give you the opportunity to mentally prepare for the end of life of your rom (NLOS-14.1). This doesn't mean 14.1 support is droped immidiatly, there will definetly be a Feb. Security Patch update. Depending on my progress on NLOS-15.1 there will also be an Mar. Security Patch Update, if 15.1 is not running to my satisfaction.

As you can see, NLOS Oreo will be based on LineageOS again. I did not know an ETA, but have started working on O.

May the source be with you, NVertigo
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    3400 mAh battery

Some devs and even the referenced xda featured article constantly claim that the 3t has a 3000mAh battery with 4.4 V to "pretend" to be a 3400mAh battery. This is NOT true in - at least - three points:

1. battery is shipped with 3400mAh, not with 3000mAh.
    2. 4.4 V is not the voltage the battery is supplying the SoC with, but the charging voltage.
    3. battery is supplying the SoC with 3.85 V.

Sadly, if you repeat proved to be false information often enough, it gets it own life... Repeating this false information often enough make people think, it's a fact - but repeting doesn't make it a fact, even if people think so.

It's also sad, that xda allows this false information to be around in one of their featured articels for three months, but I think they just got traped by this "own life" of this piece of information.

But read yourself, do the maths yourself, see the pictures (thanx to @mad-murdock for finding the pictures!) yourself and make your own conclusions, since this is the only way to overcome an internet hoax:

Thanx. I'm still searching to understand. I think the author of this article is confused about the battery:

OnePlus has stated that a slim profile for a slick design was one of their priorities when building the OnePlus 3, and that was one of the reasons why the battery didn’t go past 3,000mAh. However, the OnePlus 3T’s battery is not physically bigger, rather it went through a safe voltage change from 4.35 volts to 4.4 volts (which explains the 13% increase in mAh, clever huh?).

Now what? Is it 3000mAh or 3400mAh, or both at the same time... Oxymoron.

Obviosly the author is mixing up things here: if you increase voltage, don't change the amperes, the wattage goes up. Any way, let's try to understand what this guy is explaining (somehow): as one comment states, you can compare battery capacity by mAh only if the voltage is the same. If you want to compare capacity with different voltage and/or different ampere hours, you need to do the conversion to Wh (if you like to do the maths on your own: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/mah-to-wh-calculator.htm ).

3000 mAh at 4.35 V = 13.05 Wh
    3000 mAh at 4.4 V = 13.2 Wh

This would mean a capacity increase of 1.15 %.

3400 mAh at 4.4 V = 14.96 Wh

Compared to 3000 mAh at 4.35 this means an increase of roughly 14 %.

3400 mAh at 4.35 V = 14.79

Compared to 3000 mAh at 4.35 this means an increase of roughly 12 %.

This means if the ONLY change, oneplus did to the battery was changing V from 4.35 to 4.4 V, the 3t has 1 % more battary capacity, what is much less, then they promised.

Don't get me wrong: I know companys are lying in ads (and perhaps in datasheets, too), and I tend to belive @smoki3 - I'm just searching for a source for the real numbers, because the numbers from the article claim, that the increase of V by 0.15 is an increase of 400mAh; this is just impossible. If I had to put my judgement of reliability of information in order: @smoki3 (that's why I have asked in the first place), oneplus datasheet, ..., ..., ..., the article you mentioned.

BTW: if you want to increase the capacity by 10 % by increasing voltage alone, you would need in our case more then 4.8 V, what is insane IMHO - but who knows... I'm really looking for the real numbers. Could it be, that oneplus has increased voltage that high???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT:
    You can disassemble you op3t. You will see a 3000mAh battery:D

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

I'm to coward to disassemble my device - but there are people around with larger balls then me:
    https://www.myfixguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/OnePlus-3T-Teardown-27.jpg

If you think, they can print whatever they want to the battery, lets have a look at oneplus at United States Federal Communications Commission:
    https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3202508 (search for blp633 the 3t's battery part number)

I consider the fcc document as the most reliable source, yet.

Bottom line:

This is the battery we have in our 3ts:

3400 mAh at 3.85 V = 13.09 Wh

This is in 3s:

3000 mAh at 3.8 V = 11.40 Wh

From 3 to 3t we have an increased capacity of 14,8 %