FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Difference in China version vs international version?

3,791 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,453

By iXanza, Recognized Contributor on 3rd December 2016, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Where I live there's both for sale. Is there a difference when it comes to custom Roms? Are they both compatible with the same ROMS and kernels

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
3rd December 2016, 02:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXanza

Where I live there's both for sale. Is there a difference when it comes to custom Roms? Are they both compatible with the same ROMS and kernels

The difference is in the lte bands. Better look, what bands you need in your country.
In term of custom roms, both are same.
3rd December 2016, 02:24 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 2,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribery771

Yep, The difference is in the lte bands. Better look, what bands you need in your country.

That's it? Both version supports my bands

3rd December 2016, 02:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

That's it? Both version supports my bands

Thats it. They are completly the same, they just use different bands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ribery771 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ribery771 Ad-Free
23rd December 2016, 05:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribery771

The difference is in the lte bands. Better look, what bands you need in your country.
In term of custom roms, both are same.

Can you flash the china version(a3010) with the rom that exists in the all thread in this forum? Does it fit in?
23rd December 2016, 07:37 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrprtama

Can you flash the china version(a3010) with the rom that exists in the all thread in this forum? Does it fit in?

Yes, i have a China variant of the 3T, came with Hydrogen OS but i flashed Oxygen OS over it, dont need any alterations in the recovery or any other special permissions, just follow this instructions:
http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus...xygenos_3.5.4/
23rd December 2016, 08:21 AM |#7  
Flag Newark, Nottinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
What's the easiest way to check the band on a phone? I think I've got a Chinese phone instead of EMEA
23rd December 2016, 09:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

As a Chinese, I can clearly inform you that there is no difference between the China version and the international version.
You can flash HydrogenOS or OxygenOS anytime。

作为一名天朝本土人士,鄙人可以妥妥的告诉楼主,国际版和中国大陆版无差异可以互刷氢和氧ROM,第三方定 制的ROM也是通刷的,随你喜欢想刷哪个就刷哪个。
15th January 2017, 06:58 PM |#9  

More
Is it possible to reflash to get north Americans bands?
I have two op3, one I ordered directly from op+ the other from Amazon.. I'm in Canada. The first place one works fine, the other doesn't with working Sim.. I noticed the one that doesn't work has Chinese writing after the English on the back label..

Long story short, is it possible to change the software of flash the Chinese one so I get it to work?
15th January 2017, 09:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamaz

I have two op3, one I ordered directly from op+ the other from Amazon.. I'm in Canada. The first place one works fine, the other doesn't with working Sim.. I noticed the one that doesn't work has Chinese writing after the English on the back label..

Long story short, is it possible to change the software of flash the Chinese one so I get it to work?

Hardware is different between US, EU and China, you can however run HydrogenOS and OxygenOS on all variants but it won't change the modem channel support as it's hardware restricted.
The Following User Says Thank You to pitrus- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pitrus- Ad-Free
15th January 2017, 10:19 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrus-

Hardware is different between US, EU and China, you can however run HydrogenOS and OxygenOS on all variants but it won't change the modem channel support as it's hardware restricted.

Does this mean the guides to unlocking additional bands here on xda won't work? I was reading up on these. I believe It's UMTS BAND 4 I'm missing. Is there any way I can run a command or query the device somehow to compare the difference between my working op3 and the defunct one?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...lcomm-t2877031

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...bands-t3519563
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)