Is anyone fed up of the 3T

Search This thread
G

GuestK0061

Hear me out. I think the phone is amazing. The software is crap, now the 5 is out the updates have already slowed. Not to mention OOS is always behind on security.

Now custom roms. I appreciate highly the work so many devs have been doing especially sultan, lineage and paranoid. But theres always something thats a bit off, camera especially, lag etc. Always end up going back to OOS then get bored again, try roms again.

Is there anyone else like me who has had enough of being a crack flasher or gets bored easily and has just had enough of trying to find perfection from a oneplus phone ?

MickyFoley

Mar 17, 2012
Traun
defcon5.biz
What do you want to hear? Need a confirmation for yourself to get another phone to make the step a bit easier?
Yes, I hate the manner of OnePlus to not even fix a single thing, like the implementation of the Camera2 API. Sure, they lied to us more often than we want. But what company does the job better?
If you want to get a new phone: Fine. I'm also looking for a replacement. But I'm looking for phones for weeks or months, so I'm sure, the phone is good enough and beloved by devs. For me, no OP-device anymore. But really fed up? No.

G

GuestK0061

What do you want to hear? Need a confirmation for yourself to get another phone to make the step a bit easier?
Yes, I hate the manner of OnePlus to not even fix a single thing, like the implementation of the Camera2 API. Sure, they lied to us more often than we want. But what company does the job better?
If you want to get a new phone: Fine. I'm also looking for a replacement. But I'm looking for phones for weeks or months, so I'm sure, the phone is good enough and beloved by devs. For me, no OP-device anymore. But really fed up? No.
I dont meed a confirmation from anyone. Ive made a topic for discussion. For instance i have a oneplus one as well ae my back up. There is more stable nougat roms on that, a 3 year old phone than there is on the newer higher spec 3t. Phones are getting ridiculous. What the hell is with these curved screens now so no tempered glass fits properly.

The next phone i get needs to be something that will have good support. Preferably from a company who releases camera sources

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
LAG on OP3T? wtf :0

I agree with you, I dont like OOS but i love custom roms and PA is perfect, its so smooth and optimized and their camera software is on par with OOS cam

G

GuestK0061

I agree with you, I dont like OOS but i love custom roms and PA is perfect, its so smooth and optimized and their camera software is on par with OOS cam
Ive seen lag on pa rom when opening messages and settings and a few other things. It was minor but it bugged me a lot. The camera i didnt think was on par although its better than most roms. I didnt find the camera snappy enough either :(

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
Honestly stock is the best for this phone by far. Set it up right and its the fastest phone out there. Are you talking about screen lag or application lag?

G

GuestK0061

Honestly stock is the best for this phone by far. Set it up right and its the fastest phone out there. Are you talking about screen lag or application lag?
Ah! I am defeateddddd! Pa had application lag. For instance it opens but messages would appear after lag and same with settings. Stock is better but i hate the delay in updates that dont fix basic bugs or update security.

jackpollard

Aug 17, 2013
My 2 cents; OOS continues to be good enough I don't even bother to unlock anymore. I was a Nexus fan for sure, but the 6P was my end of the line (yeah yeah, end of the line anyway). I had numerous issues and it finally got the bootloop problem that was plaguing many users. I got a used replacement, sold it and never looked back from the 3T. I tried most roms for the Nexus lines and while many were excellent, it was always something. When I got the 3T I decided to just leave it stock for a week and have not looked back. I get at least 2 days from it, it charges insanely fast, have had no lag/reboots/lockups, nothing. I would say I'm a fairly normal user except no social media really, privacy and all.
I keep a tab on what's new and as of today, nothing at all has tweaked my interest. Samsung/Motorola/HTC = never, too bloated. Pixel = too expensive.
I do feel the security updates are a bit slow and some additional OOS goodies would be nice, but for the price, for me it's hands down still the best phone.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0061

My 2 cents; OOS continues to be good enough I don't even bother to unlock anymore. I was a Nexus fan for sure, but the 6P was my end of the line (yeah yeah, end of the line anyway). I had numerous issues and it finally got the bootloop problem that was plaguing many users. I got a used replacement, sold it and never looked back from the 3T. I tried most roms for the Nexus lines and while many were excellent, it was always something. When I got the 3T I decided to just leave it stock for a week and have not looked back. I get at least 2 days from it, it charges insanely fast, have had no lag/reboots/lockups, nothing. I would say I'm a fairly normal user except no social media really, privacy and all.
I keep a tab on what's new and as of today, nothing at all has tweaked my interest. Samsung/Motorola/HTC = never, too bloated. Pixel = too expensive.
I do feel the security updates are a bit slow and some additional OOS goodies would be nice, but for the price, for me it's hands down still the best phone.
I hear you and agree with all of it. Problem with oneplus now is couple more years it will be on par with samsung pricewise. Then what? The bloated huawei honor line.

Sultans and PA are the best custom roms but they are not without their bugs.

-Ric-

Sep 9, 2012
Lisboa
Hear me out. I think the phone is amazing. The software is crap, now the 5 is out the updates have already slowed. Not to mention OOS is always behind on security.

Now custom roms. I appreciate highly the work so many devs have been doing especially sultan, lineage and paranoid. But theres always something thats a bit off, camera especially, lag etc. Always end up going back to OOS then get bored again, try roms again.

Is there anyone else like me who has had enough of being a crack flasher or gets bored easily and has just had enough of trying to find perfection from a oneplus phone ?

Didn't we get like 2 betas already since the 5 is out? Also, custom roms have issues on EVERY phone. You won't find a phone where a custom rom works 100%.

G

GuestK0061

Didn't we get like 2 betas already since the 5 is out? Also, custom roms have issues on EVERY phone. You won't find a phone where a custom rom works 100%.
3 betas since our last update. Because we are still testing for the 5. Tell me what beta features have come to stable?

-Ric-

Sep 9, 2012
Lisboa
3 betas since our last update. Because we are still testing for the 5. Tell me what beta features have come to stable?

I don't know and I don't care to be honest. The stable version of OOS is an inferior version of the beta at this point. The beta is 100% stable in my experience and offers more features than the stable one as you've said.

G

GuestK0061

I don't know and I don't care to be honest. The stable version of OOS is an inferior version of the beta at this point. The beta is 100% stable in my experience and offers more features than the stable one as you've said.
Beta is being moved to the op5 in a couple of months..

ya7hu

Aug 4, 2012
Trikaripur
OnePlus 9R
I got my OnePlus 3T for 15k INR (230USD) 3 days ago, Flashed Omni ROM 8.1. 20180311 build;

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/oneplus-3--3t-cross-device-development/8-x-omni-oneplus-3t-t3695992

Installed Magisk v16.0 https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Installed AINUR AUDIO - SAURON MK II.II : https://xdaforums.com/android/software/soundmod-ainur-audio-t3450516

Installed SKULSHADY's Google Camera 5.1.018 Mod v3 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75693033&postcount=415

Installed YouTube Vanced https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/magisk-iytbp-youtube-vanced-t3712097

Installed Substratum and the Swift Black Theme https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brit.swiftblack.layers&hl=en

...and a bunch of other stuff, the ROM is stable for Oreo 8.1, and with the help of other mods, and for someone coming from OnePlus X the phone feels great.

Last edited:

EAPOCS

Aug 23, 2008
Wlan signal quality is very bad with mine.
Noticeable in many games, when it is endlessly stucked until the it the signal gets through again.

With 4G there is 0 problems, it's only this weak Wlan module, it's getting on my nerve.

G

GuestK0061

Wlan signal quality is very bad with mine.
Noticeable in many games, when it is endlessly stucked until the it the signal gets through again.

With 4G there is 0 problems, it's only this weak Wlan module, it's getting on my nerve.
Oxygen os lies about signal strength.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.