FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Very Low in Call Volume (Solved)

306 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By nokkenas, Senior Member on 19th March 2017, 07:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, brand new OP3T over here. As soon as I receive this phone, I unlocked the bootloader, install TWRP, and root it. Currently I am running on Oxygen 4.1.0 and very happy with how how it performs. However upon my first phone call, I noticed that in call volume is way too low that I can't hear the other side properly, especially on busy area. Compared to my previous phone, Oneplus One, the OP3T in call volume is way too low.

Is there anyone with the same problem? How do you fix yours?
19th March 2017, 08:10 PM |#2  
Flag Laxe, A Coruña
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I had the problem and I solved easily but you need to be root. You have to take all sound on /system/media folder and amplify them on +8db. After this improvemement, sounds are high, and you can edit root/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml and change something like that, where 95 are the new high value (look for <path name="speaker">).
<path name="speaker">
<ctl name="SLIM RX1 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM RX2 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="Two" />
<ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
<ctl name="RX8 MIX1 INP1" value="RX2" />
<ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="95" />
<ctl name="RX8 Digital Volume" value="95" />
<ctl name="COMP0 Switch" value="1" />
</path>

With this changes you will have a good quality with a high sound for incoming calls, notifications, whatsapp,...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aidrabmol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aidrabmol Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 04:46 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
It works, thank you very much for the help!
20th March 2017, 06:58 AM |#4  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 300

More
How are you saving the edited mixer paths file on stock rooted? I'm getting remount errors. It won't save..
20th March 2017, 07:06 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.s.deviate

How are you saving the edited mixer paths file on stock rooted? I'm getting remount errors. It won't save..

I use Xplore (download from Google Play Store), go to configuration, set root access to "Superuser+Mount Writable"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170320-120627.png
Views:	7082
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	4081559  
The Following User Says Thank You to nokkenas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nokkenas Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 07:13 AM |#6  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokkenas

I use Xplore (download from Google Play Store), go to configuration, set root access to "Superuser+Mount Writable"

Thanks, worked perfectly.
6th May 2017, 06:29 PM |#7  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidrabmol

I had the problem and I solved easily but you need to be root. You have to take all sound on /system/media folder and amplify them on +8db. After this improvemement, sounds are high, and you can edit root/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml and change something like that, where 95 are the new high value (look for <path name="speaker">).
<path name="speaker">
<ctl name="SLIM RX1 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM RX2 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="Two" />
<ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
<ctl name="RX8 MIX1 INP1" value="RX2" />
<ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="95" />
<ctl name="RX8 Digital Volume" value="95" />
<ctl name="COMP0 Switch" value="1" />
</path>

With this changes you will have a good quality with a high sound for incoming calls, notifications, whatsapp,...

only these two values or all the 84 values in the file to 95??
6th May 2017, 08:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billamin

only these two values or all the 84 values in the file to 95??

Yes, just make sure yours looks like the sample provided...
27th June 2017, 06:59 PM |#9  
Flag Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,212

More
For anyone with a Low In-Call voice handset volume problem. What this means is if you are on the phone with someone in a voice call with the phone up to your ear and not on speakerphone and you have a hard time hearing them, then you try to turn up the volume on the side of the phone but its already at max volume then try this.

TWRP-Low-InCall-Volume-Fix.zip >> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298967516

This is a TWRP flashable file that corrects the file 'mixer_paths_tasha.xml' which is completely missing the entries to boost the volume.
I had this problem and it corrected it on most Oxygen OS based Roms.. I am using 'FreedomOS-CE-op3t-nevax-2.9-signed.zip' and its working SO GOOD!

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Creeper36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Creeper36 Ad-Free
28th June 2017, 08:48 AM |#10  
Boulder, CO
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Anything specifically that would only affect call volume over a bluetooth connection? (car stereo or portable speaker for example)
2nd July 2017, 02:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeper36

For anyone with a Low In-Call voice handset volume problem. What this means is if you are on the phone with someone in a voice call with the phone up to your ear and not on speakerphone and you have a hard time hearing them, then you try to turn up the volume on the side of the phone but its already at max volume then try this.

TWRP-Low-InCall-Volume-Fix.zip >> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298967516

This is a TWRP flashable file that corrects the file 'mixer_paths_tasha.xml' which is completely missing the entries to boost the volume.
I had this problem and it corrected it on most Oxygen OS based Roms.. I am using 'FreedomOS-CE-op3t-nevax-2.9-signed.zip' and its working SO GOOD!

Thank you so much!
Works great on 4.1.6 OOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwbtone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iwbtone Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)