One plus update to Android 8.1 OP 3 / 3T?

Upgrade to Android 8.1 or stay on Android 8.0?

• Update to android 8.1

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • Stay in Android 8.0

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

iGamesMaximus

Apr 30, 2016
Do you think that One Plus updates OP 3 / 3T to Android 8.1 or will it leave it in stable 8.0?

Last edited:

thes3usa

Retired Forum Moderator
May 30, 2015
Colombo
Xiaomi Mi A2
Samsung Galaxy M20
As told to consumers by the Staff, the 3/3T will not be getting 8.1 Oreo as it is beyond the update cycle of the phones.
8.0 will be the final update pushed out officially by OnePlus.
However, you do have the choice of using ROM's when the Developer Previews are done on the Google Nexus/Pixel devices.

Edit: As pointed out to me by @Samitha192, Adam Krisko at OnePlus confirmed that 8.1 will be coming to the 3/3T.

Last edited:

datvui2211

Aug 2, 2013
As told to consumers by the Staff, the 3/3T will not be getting 8.1 Oreo as it is beyond the update cycle of the phones.
However, you do have the choice of using ROM's when the Developer Previews are done on the Google Nexus/Pixel devices.
They said Oreo would be the last version, not 8.0 ! I believe that 8.1 belong to Oreo

thes3usa

Retired Forum Moderator
May 30, 2015
Colombo
Xiaomi Mi A2
Samsung Galaxy M20
They said Oreo would be the last version, not 8.0 ! I believe that 8.1 belong to Oreo

It is under Oreo in AOSP, but it is a major OS revision. The Galaxy S7 did not get 7.1 , but it did get 7.0.
Don't keep hopes on OEM's releasing updates for phones that may be 2 years old when the 8.1 development has begun.

Last edited:

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
It is under Oreo in AOSP, but it is a major OS revision. The Galaxy S7 did not get 7.1 , but it did get 7.0.
Don't keep hopes on OEM's releasing updates for phones that may be 2 years old when the 8.1 development has begun.

Samsung won't be updating their devices to 7.1 unless it's the device last update.

Any currently OS updated phone by Samsung will be done updated to Oreo.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013

They said oreo is last major android update for 3t, 8.1 is not major I think

Reactions: Diatomix98

danmaman

Jan 15, 2012

yes i agree
i think we don't get Android P
but all the stuff it has to do with Android Oreo i guess we'll get ...
whether it is now android 8.1 or 8.1.1 /8.1.2 (whatever) doesn't matter in my opinion

cheers

Samitha192

Oct 20, 2015
Colombo
8.1 looks more incremental than the jump from 7.0 to 7.1 (new sdk and some drastic changes)
Hopefully we get 8.1 on our devices. If OP to stop supporting 3/3t I'm expecting them to release the camera blobs so we can get 100% out of the hardware moving forward. :):good:

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
I think these two will get the official android 8.1 update as there is already an unofficial Nitrogen OS 8.1 ROM for OnePlus 3/3T based on android 8.1 oreo is availble.
Download source > https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/how-to/discussion-nitrogenos-oreo-8-0-0-t3710596
Guide > http://rootmygalaxy.net/now-get-android-8-1-oreo-oneplus-3-3t-nitrogen-os-8-1-rom/

Tbh Nitrogen 8.1 is better than Oxygen. Battery life is about an hour better with stock kernel.

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
I can second this, really impressed with the 12/12 build of NitrogenOS Oreo 8.1 ROM. Only thing I miss is SELinux enforced, but this will probably be changed when everything is working in enforced mode.

Yeah only reason its permissive is because this is a user-debug build. If I were to build a user build, it would be enforced and all.

Reactions: pitrus-

Samitha192

Oct 20, 2015
Colombo

?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171216-110500__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20171216-110500__01.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 259

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: As pointed out to me by @Samitha192, Adam Krisko at OnePlus confirmed that 8.1 will be coming to the 3/3T.

?

Tbh Nitrogen 8.1 is better than Oxygen. Battery life is about an hour better with stock kernel.
    I can second this, really impressed with the 12/12 build of NitrogenOS Oreo 8.1 ROM. Only thing I miss is SELinux enforced, but this will probably be changed when everything is working in enforced mode.