FORUMS

OnePlus 3T Factory Restore Utility

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By guisantes, Junior Member on 2nd December 2016, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the factory restore utility available for the 3T but not sure how to upload it or link to it since it exceeds the allowable upload size limit. It's a 1.2GB 7z file.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to guisantes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guisantes Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 06:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Split it up with WinRAR and then upload it to gdrive, Mega, mediafire... The server is up to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lautta10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lautta10 Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 11:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guisantes

I have the factory restore utility available for the 3T but not sure how to upload it or link to it since it exceeds the allowable upload size limit. It's a 1.2GB 7z file.

Please try the attached torrent file.
Attached Files
File Type: torrent OnePlus3T_28_A.23_161027.torrent - [Click for QR Code] (33.7 KB, 4176 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to guisantes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guisantes Ad-Free
3rd December 2016, 12:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 743

More
Quote:

Please try the attached torrent file.

I'm trying it. It's just a matter of time before I need something like this ;;)

I'm ~30% done so should be downloaded for me in ~60-80 minutes+.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachamacha

I'm trying it. It's just a matter of time before I need something like this ;;)

I'm ~30% done so should be downloaded for me in ~60-80 minutes+.

Thanks.

I've got the file downloaded, unpacked, and am wondering if there's a README that came with it? I can see a lot of the usual ways to use the components via fastboot, etc, but thought this was meant to be a .. "utter disaster recovery tool" ;;). Or am I missing something?
3rd December 2016, 12:59 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
Yes, it is and utter disaster recovery tool.
You may need the qualcomm drivers - 64 bit windows driver is attached. I believe mine autoinstalled without needing the files
**** NOTE: This procedure will completely wipe your entire device ****
To use the recovery tool.
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume up button while inserting the USB cable attached to your PC.
2. Windows will recognize the Qualcomm driver and if you're lucky will auto install the driver.
3. Run the MsmDownloadTool V3.0.exe file with administrator privileges (right click and run as administrator)
4. One of the lines in the window should show COMM or something that is not "No Device" when your phone is attached and recognized as the Qualcomm loader
5. Click on that line item, then select Start
6. The whole procedure should take about 5 minutes and the line item will turn green when completed.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to guisantes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guisantes Ad-Free
3rd December 2016, 01:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 743

More
Quote:

Yes, it is and utter disaster recovery tool.
You may need the qualcomm drivers. I believe these can be easily found but if not, then I can upload them as well.
**** NOTE: This procedure will completely wipe your entire device ****
To use the recovery tool.
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume up button while inserting the USB cable attached to your PC.
2. Windows will recognize the Qualcomm driver and if you're lucky will auto install the driver.
3. Run the MsmDownloadTool V3.0.exe file with administrator privileges (right click and run as administrator)
4. One of the lines in the window should show COMM or something that is not "No Device" when your phone is attached and recognized as the Qualcomm loader
5. Click on that line item, then select Start
6. The whole procedure should take about 5 minutes and the line item will turn green when completed.

Thanks, that seems very useful. Thanks for making it available here.
3rd December 2016, 01:05 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachamacha

Thanks, that seems very useful. Thanks for making it available here.

No problem.
I've used a very similar tool previously for my oneplus one which would not power up Hopefully I won't need it for my 3T !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guisantes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guisantes Ad-Free
3rd December 2016, 02:27 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

More
Here are the missing Qualcomm 64 bit drivers.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Qualcomm 64 bit Driver.7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.81 MB, 2634 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to guisantes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guisantes Ad-Free
3rd December 2016, 06:35 PM |#9  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Can we make this a sticky or mention in the OP the recovery procedure from post #5? I know this will become invaluable later on as the few devs that bought this phone start fully getting into test mode.
3rd December 2016, 07:07 PM |#10  
Akron
Thanks Meter: 384

More
Delete fixed. Never mind.
4th December 2016, 12:57 AM |#11  
Flag Aw, c'mon Puddin - don'tcha wanna rev up ya Harley?VROOOM VROOM!
Thanks Meter: 3,991

Donate to Me
More
You should place this in general with the guides in the op with some pictures , I think many will benefit rather than diving through the QnA section for it
The Following User Says Thank You to mgbotoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgbotoe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)