FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Proximity and Ambient Sensor Not working.

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By hasanin.xaidi, Member on 3rd November 2019, 12:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello devs,
My 3t's Proximity and Ambient Sensor both sensor stopped working after I updated from rooted 9.0.5 to MSM Android 10.
After that, I've tried everything but they are not getting back to work. Prior flashing 10, both were working fine.

So far I tried.
1. Flashed official 9.0.5 rom
2. Flashed official 8.0 rom
3. Factory reset on both rooms.
4. Stable modem & firmware files.
5. Flashed "Fix all sensors" file.
6. Tried *#808# can't seems to be showing any data or presence of sensors.
Any suggestions, will be highly appreciated
3rd November 2019, 04:40 PM |#2  
Flag Silesia
Thanks Meter: 463

Donate to Me
More
I had problems with sensors (accidently deleted sensors dir from persist partition, it contains sensors calibration, wifi and bt hw address).
So i used latest unbrick tool (9.0.5), but it didnt solve my issues, then i used the oldest unbrick tool i could find (Marshmallow) and sensors started to work but could not enable wifi, so i made local upgrade to 9.0.5, after that all my issues got resolved - sensors and wifi works again.
Try what i did, maybe it will sovlve your issue too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppajdek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppajdek Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 08:50 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Islamabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppajdek

I had problems with sensors (accidently deleted sensors dir from persist partition, it contains sensors calibration, wifi and bt hw address).
So i used latest unbrick tool (9.0.5), but it didnt solve my issues, then i used the oldest unbrick tool i could find (Marshmallow) and sensors started to work but could not enable wifi, so i made local upgrade to 9.0.5, after that all my issues got resolved - sensors and wifi works again.

Still my Proximity, Ambient and MSensor isn't working.
8th November 2019, 08:51 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Islamabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppajdek

Would flashing any oneplus 3t pulled persist.img solve my problem?
8th November 2019, 09:56 PM |#5  
Flag Silesia
Thanks Meter: 463

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanin.xaidi

Would flashing any oneplus 3t pulled persist.img solve my problem?

Persist partition contains wifi and bt hardware address, so if you flash persist.img from another op3t you would end up with the same wifi and bt address.
You would need to backup your persist partition, then backup wlan_mac.bin and /bluetooth/.bt_nv.bin, flash another persist.img and restore the two files.
Then check is your issues are solved.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppajdek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppajdek Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ambient light sensor, proximitiy sensor, proximity

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)