Not possible to Run Bank Apps on my Rooted Phone ?

Search This thread

Arjs

Jun 10, 2011
I am running Resurrection Remix Noghut 7.1.1 OMS Rom. I am not able to use my banking application on my Rooted 1+3t. It says app wont run on rooted devices.

This is not a new issue and I have been reading a lot about the options in Exposed/Magisk etc. But I am not sure if It is possible to use on my current RoM . I am not even sure if the feature is still present or removed from magisk.

Is there any ROM which has root hiding feature built in?

Binh430350

Feb 1, 2016
I am running Resurrection Remix Noghut 7.1.1 OMS Rom. I am not able to use my banking application on my Rooted 1+3t. It says app wont run on rooted devices.

This is not a new issue and I have been reading a lot about the options in Exposed/Magisk etc. But I am not sure if It is possible to use on my current RoM . I am not even sure if the feature is still present or removed from magisk.

So are you rooted by what? SuperSU or Magisk?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I'm using Magisk hide and it work just fine on OOS, but it should work the same way on different ROMs

Reactions: Arjs

Arjs

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for the fast reply.

SuperSU .

Can I somehow just remove SuperSU and install MagiskSU to hide root ?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I'm using Magisk hide and it work just fine on OOS, but it should work the same way on different ROMs

I know it works of OOS but as to what I have been reading so far , I am not sure if it will work on my Ressurection remix Rom

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Just dirty flash the ROM (just wipe cache and Dalvik), then root with Magisk.

Or I believe there is an un-SuperSU zip you can flash (to uninstall SuperSU), if you look in the Magisk forum section.

I know it works of OOS but as to what I have been reading so far , I am not sure if it will work on my Ressurection remix Rom

Did you look in the RR thread, to see if it will work? Popular enough ROM, I would think it woudl have been discussed at this point.

From what I understand, some custom ROMs may not pass SafetyNet, so if that is the case for RR, there isn't anything MagiskHide can do (hiding root will not be enough).

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu

Or I believe there is an un-SuperSU zip you can flash (to uninstall SuperSU), if you look in the Magisk forum section.

Did you look in the RR thread, to see if it will work? Popular enough ROM, I would think it woudl have been discussed at this point.

From what I understand, some custom ROMs may not pass SafetyNet, so if that is the case for RR, there isn't anything MagiskHide can do (hiding root will not be enough).
It works just fine on basic LOS, so should also work well on its derivatives like RR.

Reactions: Arjs and redpoint73

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I took a look at this solution and it involves further hiding the SuperSU itself. which I wont be able to do, as my volume keys on the left side are broken.

Yeah, I saw you posting about that in the suhide thread... Tough luck!

Anyway, I guess Magisk is the way to go for you then. Just unroot, make sure your stock boot image has been restored and flash the Magisk zip in recovery. That's about it.

Arjs

Jun 10, 2011

Anyway, I guess Magisk is the way to go for you then. Just unroot, make sure your stock boot image has been restored and flash the Magisk zip in recovery. That's about it.

So, I cannot use RR rom with Magisk ? I have to goto stock OOS ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It works just fine on basic LOS, so should also work well on its derivatives like RR.

Thanks for the fast reply.

SuperSU .

You can also give the new suhide a shot... If you don't want to switch root solutions.
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/suhide-lite-t3653855
    I took a look at this solution and it involves further hiding the SuperSU itself. which I wont be able to do, as my volume keys on the left side are broken.