[Q] TWRP is gone

Search This thread

Rick O

Jul 4, 2009
Stevenage
I tried to boot into recovery to make a backup but TWRP has disappeared - no recovery whatsoever. Phone boots to system only. How can this have happened? I've been using Omni for the past month or so with no problems and updating every Sunday.
To recap, I have not done any modifications since the last opdate.Tried to boot into recovery and it is gone. Since only using Omini ROM I thought it was a ROM issue but no one in the Omni thread as been able to help so posting it here.
I can probably flash it again but am puzzled why is should just vanish.

Immortalis

May 31, 2012
Warsaw
OnePlus 8T
Nothing Phone 2
The recovery might have got updated and the last update has overwritten TWRP, so it may be the cause of disappearance, but I'm not sure. You should've got standard recovery bundled with ROM.
And yes, just flash TWRP and it should work again. No need to flash Magisk or custom kernel, since you're on custom ROM.

Reactions: Rick O

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Recovery partitions may have been corrupted. Try fastboot erase cache, and then fastboot flash recovery (TWRP). See if it boots into TWRP then.

Reactions: Rick O

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The recovery might have got updated and the last update has overwritten TWRP, so it may be the cause of disappearance, but I'm not sure. You should've got standard recovery bundled with ROM.
    And yes, just flash TWRP and it should work again. No need to flash Magisk or custom kernel, since you're on custom ROM.
    Recovery partitions may have been corrupted. Try fastboot erase cache, and then fastboot flash recovery (TWRP). See if it boots into TWRP then.