3T battery has 20% less battery capacity [2742mAh instead of 3400mAh]

Search This thread

oTeMpLo

Mar 30, 2012
Maribor
I doubt it has something about to do with that. If you have the 3t, then you have the 3400 battery.
Mine messured capacity was 3257 ... That factoy printed on it together with test date.. ints 3300-3400 raed.. but actual capacity could be less even new.

And 8 miths later it was 2700.cahrging about 3 to 3 times a day ..
replacing it was mandatory.. as now i have arou. 3200 again..

Its worth 11euro for replacment..(replced it myself)

Mine messured capacity was 3257 ... That factoy printed on it together with test date.. ints 3300-3400 raed.. but actual capacity could be less even new.

And 8 miths later it was 2700.cahrging about 3 to 3 times a day ..
replacing it was mandatory.. as now i have arou. 3200 again..

Its worth 11euro for replacment..(replced it myself)

Where did you get the battery from?

opeller

Nov 19, 2012

1. Could you please specify who you bought from?
2. How long do you have the Aliexpress battery?
3. Are you satisfied with it?
4. Did you notice better battery life after replacing?

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Just measured my own battery with an external ampermeter. Got 2541mAh.
I have been using this device for 1 year.
I used a VERY slow charger to make sure I have a good measurment (5V, 0.5~0.25A). Going to try and measure again with the Dash Charger.
I have done this several times before, getting much lower mAh then specs of the phone.

Can anyone who got a low measurement and replaced his battery with an Official OnePlus service provider say if he felt a difference in REAL life usage?
I am considering sending mine to have it's battery replaced, but the official service provider here in Israel wants 74$ with shipping, and Aliexpress batterys aren't looking great, and they don't have many reviews on them.

oTeMpLo

Mar 30, 2012
Maribor
1. Could you please specify who you bought from?
2. How long do you have the Aliexpress battery?
3. Are you satisfied with it?
4. Did you notice better battery life after replacing?

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Just measured my own battery with an external ampermeter. Got 2541mAh.
I have been using this device for 1 year.
I used a VERY slow charger to make sure I have a good measurment (5V, 0.5~0.25A). Going to try and measure again with the Dash Charger.
I have done this several times before, getting much lower mAh then specs of the phone.

Can anyone who got a low measurement and replaced his battery with an Official OnePlus service provider say if he felt a difference in REAL life usage?
I am considering sending mine to have it's battery replaced, but the official service provider here in Israel wants 74$ with shipping, and Aliexpress batterys aren't looking great, and they don't have many reviews on them.

Bought 2:
1 trom AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/jin...32822739263.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.suXbv8

and 1 from replace Base: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-oneplus-3t-replacement-battery-blp633-3300mah-oem/

i installed one fro replace base, as it arrived first! But both are or looking exactly the same. Even date of manufacture printed ot both of them was the same! -> 20170707

Delivery from ReplaceBase was 3 days. aliexpress took 6 weeks.

2. i have it installed 6-7 months now. (accubattery measured OP new one as 3150 -- and went down quickly (1month) to 3100. and was so for about 6 months then dropped to 2750 in almost one day.. on the day a replaced it it was 2650..
new one measured 3170 wen to 3230 in about a week.. now stil measures around 3180..

3. Yes

4. Yes . Playing pogo increased form 2h15 minutes from 100% to 15 to --> 2h.50 at that time.
and screen time on average went from 4h to 4h 40....

opeller

Nov 19, 2012
Bought 2:
1 trom AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/jin...32822739263.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.suXbv8

and 1 from replace Base: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-oneplus-3t-replacement-battery-blp633-3300mah-oem/

i installed one fro replace base, as it arrived first! But both are or looking exactly the same. Even date of manufacture printed ot both of them was the same! -> 20170707

2. i have it installed 6-7 months now. (accubattery measured OP new one as 3150 -- and went down quickly (1month) to 3100. and was so for about 6 months then dropped to 2750 in almost one day.. on the day a replaced it it was 2650..
new one measured 3170 wen to 3230 in about a week.. now stil measures around 3180..

3. Yes

4. Yes . Playing pogo increased form 2h15 minutes from 100% to 15 to --> 2h.50 at that time.

Thank you very much for all the info. That's super useful and very kind of you.

"new one measured 3170" is it the Aliexpress battery?
sadly neither of the links you gave ship to my country (Israel). If you happen to have any other battery supplier recommendations I'd be happy to hear them.

J's

Jun 15, 2017
Been using it for 10 months.
The battery life is getting worse.
I don't think i can get 4 hours of SOT.
Dont tell me to do this and that. I am done with tweaking the phone. "Changing to different custom kernels, AKT profiles, etc"
Why OnePlus just can't offer the stability? Perhaps better optimisation of 3T.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-172522.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-172522.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 245

Immortalis

May 31, 2012
Warsaw
OnePlus 8T
Nothing Phone 2
Been using it for 10 months.
The battery life is getting worse.
I don't think i can get 4 hours of SOT.
Dont tell me to do this and that. I am done with tweaking the phone. "Changing to different custom kernels, AKT profiles, etc"
Why OnePlus just can't offer the stability? Perhaps better optimisation of 3T.

It's the nature of batteries, with every charge its capacity will decrease.

fcuk90

Jul 8, 2011
Multimedia university
Bought 2:

3. Yes

Mind to share the overall SOT after battery change?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another one...
    Why not just discuss in a civil manner and provide explanation why you think this is not valid. You've provided absolutely zero information and just insults. Your parents didn't do a very good job.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    So I've noticed that my 3T battery has about 20% less battery capacity than advertised.

And I've used an external amperemeter to measure the capacity. I've let the phone turn off und charged it while being off until no current was flowing anymore. Here is a picture of the result:
    2742mAh!

The thing is that I have found another person that used the exact same amperemeter and measured the same way. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70254148&postcount=344
    His result: 3339mAh which is much closer to the advertised number and would be absolutely acceptable.

So either I'm very unlucky with a bad battery or the batteries have such huge capacity fluctuations.
    I've contacted OnePlus, but currently they deny that there is anything wrong with it. They said they'll forward it to their engineering, which basically means they don't care. (If they did they would get ahold of my device and see what's wrong with it)

So I urge more people to measure their phones capacity to see if there is something wrong with it. 20% less capacity is not acceptable in my opinion.
    Search for "USB amperemeter" if you want to find the same device or something similar to what I used.
    You should keep battery level between 20-80%, if you want to keep your battery healthy.. Sometimes its ok to charge fully and let it discharge allmost empty, that calibrates battery..
    I think new batyery should be around 3100 capacity..
    Dont know whay is 200 less..

I remember a thread on here a few years back (seems like ancient times in smartphone terms - but battery technology for these devices hasn't changed much in that time). The user did a bunch of testing on both OEM batteries, as well as supposed "high capacity" batteries from reputable (on XDA) third party vendors.

Across the board, there was a significant failure of the batteries to have the rated capacity, at least to any consistent degree. The OEM batteries were better (more consistent) than the 3rd party ones. Sometimes had the rated capacity, sometimes missed it by some mAh. The 3rd party vendor batteries often failed to not only achieve the "higher" mAh rating; but even in many cases failed to meet the "standard" mAh rating of the original OEM batteries.

I know we aren't specifically talking about 3rd party batteries here. But the point being, the OEM battery rating seems to be a best case scenario, unfortunately. With the actual capacity often failing to meet the advertised capacity. Feels like false advertising to some degree.
    R u rooted? Pl. details yours setting/mod/os.

Nope not yet rooted, im using dark mode theme recommended for amoled , im not using the FB app instead only chrome browser, then wifi instead of data connection.