Disable [DM-Verity]/[Force Encryption] [OnePlus 3T/3] for [Oreo] Oxygen OS

Search This thread

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Oneplus has released the Stable and Beta OREO Oxygen OS for Oneplus 3T and 3.

This thread is only for OOS Oreo. For disabling Dm-Verity and force Encryption in PIE OOS ROMs refer to my thread here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/dm-verity-disable-oxygen-os-t3922324. For disabling Dm-Verity and force Encryption in NOUGAT OOS ROMs refer to my thread here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/rom-dm-verity-force-encryption-disabled-t3618232[/I]

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or data loss that happens to your device on embarking this procedure...

THE DETAILS....
There has been some modifications that i came across after unpacking and verifying the packages..
After extracting the ramdisk to my surprise there was no fstab file and hence no fstab entries that could be modified to disable Dm-Verity and Force encryption...
After tweaking a little i found that indeed the file fstab does exist but its not in the ramdisk but in an other location..
So i disabled the Dm-Verity and Force encryption entries in the fstab file in the new location and made a flashable zip file which will replace the original fstab file.

As @rk2612 pointed out the fact that indeed the system entries are hashed out in the fstab file and the kernel takes care of the system loading procedure in OREO, I have been working on it. Indeed it is true. After unpacking the boot image into kernel, ramdisk and device tree blobs (dtbs), I came accross 12 entries in the dtb that reference directly to mount the system after triggering the DM-Verity flag. So I patched the dtb binary to clear off the DM-Verity flags and repacked the Boot images. Moreover, in OREO as long as DM-Verity is triggered, any changes made to the system are reverted back once you boot to system which has been clearly stated with the help of posts from @BillGoss.

The other fact is that regarding force encryption, it indeed is taken care of only in the fstab.

So in a nut shell, to disable DM-Verity you will need to flash the patched Boot Images and to disable force encryption you will have to flash the force encryption disabler zip - The links of which are provided below. Do refer to the correct procedure explained in datail before attempting to do anything...

For all those who need an in-depth reading of the nature of patching the fstab in dtb file and my work you can refer here:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74326761&postcount=3

THIS METHOD WILL WORK FOR BOTH ONEPLUS 3 T AND ONEPLUS 3...

TESTED AND WORKING TILL ONEPLUS 3/3T STABLE OOS 5.0.8 / ONEPLUS 3T BETA 30 / ONEPLUS 3 BETA 39..

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY TRIGGERED DM-VERITY ON OOS OREO FOLLOW THE STEPS IN POST 2 IN THIS THREAD TO GET RID OF DM-VERITY BEFORE PROCEEDING...

Nothing has been changed....
It is 100% stock boot image except that the DM-Verity Flag has been patched...

Links:

For ONEPLUS 3T

STABLE OOS Boot Images

BETA OOS Boot Images

For OnePlus 3

STABLE OOS Boot Images

BETA OOS Boot Images

STEPS: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently ENCRYPTED and needs the procedure only for NOT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY
USAGE FOR STOCK OOS:
1. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip in TWRP before doing anything (even before restarting or applying any patches, root, kernels, etc.)
2. Restart back to TWRP Recovery.
3. Done.
4. Now do whatever you want like usual.. Flash root, kernel, mods or anything as usual
5. You dont have to worry about triggering DM-Verity again and any changes made to system via TWRP will not be reverted back..

The 2 Prodeures given below: This is applicable only to those people who needs the procedure for getting rid of FORCE ENCRYPTION AND PREVENT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY

PROCEDURE 1: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently NOT ENCRYPTED AND KEEP IT DECRYPTED
First of all Backup your data preferably to and usb otg or a PC for later restore. You may lose your data from your phone following this procedure...
1. Format SYSTEM, DALVIK, CACHE and then only Flash the Full Rom Oreo Beta OOS zip file in TWRP.
2. DON'T REBOOT
3. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip.
4. DON'T REBOOT TO SYSTEM
5. REBOOT TO TWRP.
6. In TWRP, MOUNT SYSTEM, GO TO ADVANCED > TERMINAL and Type "df system"(without quotes) and enter. The details of the system partition will be shown. Look at the Use% and Free Space. Make sure you have atleast 100MB free space in System before you go to the next step. If you don't have enough free space then mount system in TWRP, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps)...If there is low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file and you will end up in bootloop.
7. Once you have confirmed that you have atleast 100MB of free space left in system partition. REBOOT BACK TO TWRP.
8. Flash "Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo v2.zip" in TWRP. (No need to mount system. The v2 zip file does it automatically)
9. Flash SuperSuSR5 / Magisk 15.3+
10. Done.
11. Reboot to System.

NB:f you have bootloop go back to TWRP by keep holding the power button to power off and powering on and rebooting to TWRP via the volume buttons, mount system, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps) and reflash the disabler zip and reboot..It is due to low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file. But if you followed Steps 6 and 7 carefully you wont end up here.

PROCEDURE 2: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently ENCRYPTED AND NEEDS TO GET IT DECRYPTED and PREVENT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY
First of all Backup your data preferably to and usb otg or a PC for later restore. You will lose your data from your phone following this procedure...
1. Go to Bootloader...
2. Connect to your PC..Type "fastboot format userdata" without quotes and press enter. (You will lose your data, do back up if you need something.)
3. Don't reboot to system...Using volume buttons select boot to recovery and Reboot to TWRP.....(Very Important)
4. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip.
5. DON'T REBOOT TO SYSTEM
6. REBOOT TO TWRP
7. In TWRP, MOUNT SYSTEM, GO TO ADVANCED > TERMINAL and Type "df system"(without quotes) and enter. The details of the system partition will be shown. Look at the Use% and Free Space. Make sure you have atleast 100MB free space in System before you go to the next step. If you don't have enough free space then mount system in TWRP, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps)...If there is low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file and you will end up in bootloop.
8. Once you have confirmed that you have atleast 100MB of free space left in system partition. REBOOT BACK TO TWRP.
9. Flash "Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo v2.zip" in TWRP. (No need to mount system. The v2 zip file does it automatically)
10. Flash SuperSuSR5 / Magisk 15.3+
11. Done.
12. Reboot to System.

NB: If you have bootloop go back to TWRP by keep holding the power button to power off and powering on and rebooting to TWRP via the volume buttons, mount system, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps) and reflash the disabler zip and reboot..It is due to low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file. But if you followed Steps 7 and 8 carefully you won't end up here.

Rooting:
For Rooting use only SuperSu 2.82 SR5 or Magisk 14.3 or above seems to work for root...

FAQs:

Q: Is the boot.img file altered in anyway?
A: As mentioned above its 100% stock boot image except that the DM-Verity Flag has been patched in the device tree blobs (dtb)...

Q: My phone is already encrypted, will I lose encryption on flashing the zip?
A: No. It only disables force encryption. That means if you have already disabled encryption in your phone it will prevent the phone from getting encrypted when you flash a stock OOS ROM..

Q: I happen to lose TWRP and revert to stock recovery every time I update OOS, I happen to lose changes made to system via TWRP or lose data/apps accidentally while updating OOS...Can this be corrected by using this method?
A: Definitely. Follow the steps correctly. Each time while updating the OOS, after flashing the Full OOS ROM.zip, immediately flash the patched boot.img of the corresponding OOS given in this thread and then restart back to TWRP recovery. Done. You will never lose TWRP again..

Q: I am Rooting my phone using Magisk/Supersu then why do i need this?
A: Its optional.. If you are rooting phone using Magisk/Supersu it patches the stock boot.img. But in case you have problems flashing Magisk/Supersu after flashing the STOCK ROM zip this can come in handy or as an insurance policy just flash this patched boot.img before doing anything. But is very helpful to those people out there who doesn't root their phone but has unlocked their phone or installed TWRP for other purposes..

Q: How to flash the patched boot.img in TWRP?
A: Default flash option is for zip files in TWRP. Select the flash image option in TWRP. Then select the downloaded patched boot.img file and among from the partition option (boot, recovery and system) select the boot option and then flash it.

Q: What is "-Xn" seen after the OOS Version in the settings menu?
A: That's just my signature -Xn that I had put there to make sure that you have correctly done the procedure and the boot image that is currently in use is my patched boot image and to ensure you that you are 100% safe from DM verity...

Q: Where to find downloads and queries regarding the Stock OOS ROM and Beta OOS?
A: @Siddk007 has been maintaining Stock and Beta OOS threads were you can find relevant information.

Hope you find it useful...
Will update this OP as newer OOS versions come....

Thanks,

@rk2612 -- For pointing out the presence of DM-Verity checks in dtbs...
@BillGoss -- For testing out the patched boot images and providing useful posts mentioning that DM-Verity triggering reverts changes made to system...
@akhilnarang -- For helping tackle the weirdness of fstab decryption....as he pointed out the fact of clearing the system of free space to get it done...

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU. IT DOESN'T COST YOU ANYTHING, BUT IT MEANS A LOT TO ME...

AND IF YOU DO APPRECIATE MY WORK DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME...

Last edited:

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIGGERED DM-VERITY AND NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE PERMANENTLY ON OOS OPEN BETA OREO ROMs. CONFIRMED WORKING EVEN IN THE LATEST OOS OREO STABLE 5.0.8/ BETA 30/BETA 39...

THIS IS FOR ONEPLUS 3T AND FOR ONEPLUS 3 but be careful in using the correct files corresponding to the OOS version and your MODEL

READ ALL THE STEPS AND DOWNLOAD ALL REQUIRED FILES BEFORE PROCEEDING. FOLLOW THE STEPS EXACTLY AND 100% THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE WILL BE GONE WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS OR ANY OTHER HARM!!!

Prerequisite : Install ADB for windows from here: [url]https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/URL]

1)
2) Flash the downloaded 4.0.2 firmware OnePlus 3.zip or 4.0.2 firmware OnePlus 3T.zip file in TWRP.
3) DONT REBOOT TO SYSTEM. REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER FROM OPTION IN TWRP.
4) Connect your phone to the pc
5) Press windows button + X
6) Open Command prompt
7) Type "fastboot oem disable_dm_verity" without quotes and press enter
8) Type "fastboot oem enable_dm_verity" without quotes and press enter
9) DONT REBOOT TO SYSTEM. REBOOT TO TWRP RECOVERY.
10) 11) DONT REBOOT!!!!
12) VERY IMPORTANT: WITHOUT REBOOTING, Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the OOS version and phone model(either stable or beta) in TWRP from post 1...

13) Reboot..The DM-verity message is gone forever...

VERY IMPORTANT:
1. If you need to keep your phone un-encrypted flash Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo.zip immediately after step 12 and then only reboot.
2.If you are attempting this method on a a CUSTOM ROM then after Step 12 flash the full CUSTOM ROM zip file + latest gapps again without doing any sort of wipes in TWRP immediately and then only reboot....

Enjoy!!!

FAQs...

Q: Will I lose any data after I do these steps?
A: Never. There will be no data loss or any untoward effects of the procedure. Your data and phone will be in the exact same state as it was a before except for the fact that the damn dirty Dm-Verity message will be gone forever!!!

Q: Will this work on CUSTOM ROMs?
A: Of course. It has been tested to be perfectly working on even CUSTOM ROMs. Just follow the instructions in this post carefully where specific steps for CUSTOM ROMs are mentioned.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU. IT DOESN'T COST YOU ANYTHING, BUT IT MEANS A LOT TO ME...

Last edited:

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Knowledge is always good and Xda is the best place to share it.. So here it is...

This is important for those interested in depth reading and for those who casually use xda to just download and use stuff because it gonna affect you all...

It all begins with the boot.img file which is located inside the Oxygen OS ROM zip file. The Boot image file can be practically for learning purpose be broken down to ramdisk, kernel and dtb(device tree blob) files.

The importance of all this is that from Oreo onwards Oneplus just shifted the fstab entry(in which the code triggering dm-verity is located) into the dtb file rather than in the ramdisk which becomes a little hard to edit rather than while being in the ramdisk.
So the essential steps being unpacking dtb file from the boot image, then editing the code triggering the dm-verity in the dtb file and then repacking the dtb into the boot image file again. Seems simple but its rather difficult...
The dtb file extracted from the boot image file in fact can be further split into 13 dtb dumps, 12 of which having an fstab entry that triggers dm-verity and each has to patched individually and then combined to a single dtb file and then repacked to the boot image....

So what is important is...

The original code in dtb file by Oneplus in the boot image file after decompiling and analysing by the dtc(device tree compiler) is :

Code:
fstab {
				compatible = "android,fstab";

system {
					compatible = "android,system";
					dev = "/dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/system";
					type = "ext4";
					mnt_flags = "ro,barrier=1,discard";
					fsmgr_flags = "wait,verify";
					status = "ok";
				};
			};

The line fsmgr_flags = "wait,verify"; should be changed to fsmgr_flags = "wait" to avoid triggering dm verity.

So lets see...

What Magisk does... After analysing the patched boot image by magisk 14.5, 14.6 and 15.0 the Fstab entry in the dtb file looks like this:

Code:
fstab {

system {
					type = "ext4";
					fsmgr_flags = <0x77616974 0x0 0x0>;
					status = "ok";
				};
			};

The problem is that magisk searches for the hex code for --->,verify and then replaces it with zero bytes....that efficiently disables the dm verity check in fs tab but the line fsmgr_flags = <0x77616974 0x0 0x0>; makes no sense...but when you translate the hex:77616974 to ASCII it becomes "wait". But whether this has any impilcations on the system or performance. I just simply dont know....
And I just couldn't analyse the dtb file produced by Magisk 15.1 as it fails to patch the dtb file in the boot image completely...just giving an error as Segmentation fault...This is well noticed as you cannot see the line stating that patching fstab in dtb file is conspicuously absent when you flash Magisk 15.1.. and hence Magisk 15.1 fails to clear the dm verity flag in the boot image...This can be ascertained by many who reported that they triggered dm verity today as they flashed Magisk 15.1 after flashing the ROM zip file in the Open Beta thread for oneplus 3T on XDA. But many didn't notice it as they just flashed Magisk 15/14.6 and then upgraded Magisk to 15.1 as the earlier versions as stated above took care of dm verity...
I have to say Magisk is one of the wonders in modern day android era and the statements i have given above is just observations and are really not meant to degrade or hurt the dev or anyone associated with magisk. @topjohnwu will already be knowing the issue as he is one hell of a developer and will definitely be correcting it...

Coming to SuperSu..This is what SuperSu does after patching the dtb file...

Code:
fstab {

system {
					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
					type = "ext4";
				};

Now here the line fsmgr_flags = "wait"; is good but the line --->status = "ok"; is completely missing as SuperSu appends the line after the word "wait" in the fstab...And now whether this has any implications too whther I really dont know butit too does the job of removing dm-verity triggering...

Post a tiring study through all this I finally managed to patch the Oneplus boot image to as good as possible. I manually unpacked the boot image to dtb. The split the combined dtb to individual dtbs and the removed the line of code manually and the repacked the whole thing again to the original Boot image.
The dtb file in My Patched boot image looks like this after analysing with dtc.. And achieves the desired result...and perfectly avoids triggering dm-verity without causing any untoward effects in the fstab section in dtb file.

Code:
fstab {

system {
					type = "ext4";
					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
					status = "ok";
				};

Now the real question,
What will happen if you flash my patched boot image and then ,
---> When you flash Magisk after flashing my patched boot image it does nothing because it fails to identify the hex code for ",verify" as there is no such word/hex code in my boot.img file so it doesn't change anything to the fstab section in the dtb file in my patched boot image and so there no untoward effects in the code...
--->When you flash SuperSu, but, it still appends the line after "wait" in the dtb file in my patched boot image too and results in removal of the line status = "ok";.

Earlier Boot images posted in the OP, I too patched the hexcodes using a hex editor in the binary dtb file resulting in results in fstab section of dtb file like Magisk...
Now on I will manually patch each boot image file to produce the fstab file with no other alterations done in the dtb file so that there will never be any problems after flashing the patched boot images....

Last edited:

Hinoy

Aug 2, 2016
Paris
Thanks !

Too late for me brothers, I've fallen, I triggered dm verity and now my phone partition was wiped and it won't let me install a ROM.
Still have access to fastboot and adb tho. (Restore not working due to the dm-verity)
I'll try to flash this and play around, hopefully it will resolve my issue.
Thanks for helping everyone anyway ;)

EDIT : Ok so I think it allowed me to restore an old old old backup so probably props to you for giving my brick a second chance.
It stills shows me the "dm-verity not enforced" message when booting up tho.
And TWRP still won't let me install a ROM. Even the officiel beta
I get an error 7 saying my build.pro ro.product.series is " " instead of "OnePlus 3T" but I checked it's OnePlus 3T...
If I remove the update script part about checking my series it just fails to update system image.
This update really ****ed up my phone because of the dm-verity when I tried to flash TWRP and Magisk (I had no issue before and was full stock)
Can anyone help ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ZacharyTheUmbreon

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
I triggered dm verity with oreo rom but I went and installed backup PA Nougat as I didnt like the OOS Oreo, can I still flash this zip on nougat to disable dm verity or is it only for oreo?

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Too late for me brothers, I've fallen, I triggered dm verity and now my phone partition was wiped and it won't let me install a ROM.
Still have access to fastboot and adb tho. (Restore not working due to the dm-verity)
I'll try to flash this and play around, hopefully it will resolve my issue.
Thanks for helping everyone anyway ;)

EDIT : Ok so I think it allowed me to restore an old old old backup so probably props to you for giving my brick a second chance.
It stills shows me the "dm-verity not enforced" message when booting up tho.
And TWRP still won't let me install a ROM. Even the officiel beta
I get an error 7 saying my build.pro ro.product.series is " " instead of "OnePlus 3T" but I checked it's OnePlus 3T...
If I remove the update script part about checking my series it just fails to update system image.
This update really ****ed up my phone because of the dm-verity when I tried to flash TWRP and Magisk (I had no issue before and was full stock)
Can anyone help ?

Install nougat ROM OOS 4.5.0 STABLE and remove DM verity by following instructions from my thread here...

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/rom-dm-verity-force-encryption-disabled-t3618232

Then after removing DM verity if needed you can reflash Oreo beta zip after removing the first line in updater script and then immediately flashing the DM verity and force encryption disabled zip from this thread...

akhilnarang

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 8, 2014
Pune
akhilnarang.dev
Can anyone confirm it works? (disabling forced encryption)
I had changed the flag in fstab manually (forceencrypt to encryptable), and I still got encrypted.

Mr_Q

Dec 6, 2008
Can anyone confirm it works? (disabling forced encryption)
I had changed the flag in fstab manually (forceencrypt to encryptable), and I still got encrypted.
Nope it does not. Mine started the encryption process as well.

[EDIT] correction; it does seem to work. Because the first boot took really long and the device ran hot, just like the first time when I did have encryption, I thought it was the case this time as well. Although I had to reflash the TWRP-recovery (it was replaced by stock) but it did not tell me /data was encrypted, so I think we're good!

Thank you Xennet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xennet

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Nope it does not. Mine started the encryption process as well.

[EDIT] correction; it does seem to work. Because the first boot took really long and the device ran hot, just like the first time when I did have encryption, I thought it was the case this time as well. Although I had to reflash the TWRP-recovery (it was replaced by stock) but it did not tell me /data was encrypted, so I think we're good!

Thank you Xennet!

Hope you will not lose twrp if you had rebooted back to twrp before rebooting to system..

Can you confirm that the phone is not encrypted...
See the encryption status in settings, security..

Last edited:

Mr_Q

Dec 6, 2008
Hope you will not lose twrp if you had rebooted back to twrp before rebooting to system..

Can you confirm that the phone is not encrypted...
See the encryption status in settings, security..
I did boot TWRP -> TWRP, it become stock after I did a normal boot.

But the sad news is, it does state it's encrypted.. :(
So I thought encryption always required a PIN or Pattern when accessing the phone and/or Recovery, am I wrong?

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I did boot TWRP -> TWRP, it become stock after I did a normal boot.

But the sad news is, it does state it's encrypted.. :(
So I thought encryption always required a PIN or Pattern when accessing the phone and/or Recovery, am I wrong?

Yup but that's right...
To access an encrypted phone data you need a pin in TWRP
Can you check in TWRP again and are you able to see your data and copy and move around files..

Mr_Q

Dec 6, 2008
Yup but that's right...
To access an encrypted phone data you need a pin in TWRP
Can you check in TWRP again and are you able to see your data and copy and move around files..
Yes I can, but I did notice something interesting in the logs of TWRP:
Data successfully decrypted, new block device: '/dev/block/dm-0'
Updating partition details...
... done
Succesfully decrypted with default password.

So yes it's encrypted, but I don't have to enter any password...

Reactions: Xennet

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yes I can, but I did notice something interesting in the logs of TWRP:
Data successfully decrypted, new block device: '/dev/block/dm-0'
Updating partition details...
... done
Succesfully decrypted with default password.

So yes it's encrypted, but I don't have to enter any password...

You have not triggered DM verity I suppose??
So my zip file does protect from triggering DM verity but not force encryption that's weird...
Did you use any root methods..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oneplus has released the Stable and Beta OREO Oxygen OS for Oneplus 3T and 3.

This thread is only for OOS Oreo. For disabling Dm-Verity and force Encryption in PIE OOS ROMs refer to my thread here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/dm-verity-disable-oxygen-os-t3922324. For disabling Dm-Verity and force Encryption in NOUGAT OOS ROMs refer to my thread here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/rom-dm-verity-force-encryption-disabled-t3618232[/I]

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or data loss that happens to your device on embarking this procedure...

THE DETAILS....
    There has been some modifications that i came across after unpacking and verifying the packages..
    After extracting the ramdisk to my surprise there was no fstab file and hence no fstab entries that could be modified to disable Dm-Verity and Force encryption...
    After tweaking a little i found that indeed the file fstab does exist but its not in the ramdisk but in an other location..
    So i disabled the Dm-Verity and Force encryption entries in the fstab file in the new location and made a flashable zip file which will replace the original fstab file.

As @rk2612 pointed out the fact that indeed the system entries are hashed out in the fstab file and the kernel takes care of the system loading procedure in OREO, I have been working on it. Indeed it is true. After unpacking the boot image into kernel, ramdisk and device tree blobs (dtbs), I came accross 12 entries in the dtb that reference directly to mount the system after triggering the DM-Verity flag. So I patched the dtb binary to clear off the DM-Verity flags and repacked the Boot images. Moreover, in OREO as long as DM-Verity is triggered, any changes made to the system are reverted back once you boot to system which has been clearly stated with the help of posts from @BillGoss.

The other fact is that regarding force encryption, it indeed is taken care of only in the fstab.

So in a nut shell, to disable DM-Verity you will need to flash the patched Boot Images and to disable force encryption you will have to flash the force encryption disabler zip - The links of which are provided below. Do refer to the correct procedure explained in datail before attempting to do anything...

For all those who need an in-depth reading of the nature of patching the fstab in dtb file and my work you can refer here:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74326761&postcount=3

THIS METHOD WILL WORK FOR BOTH ONEPLUS 3 T AND ONEPLUS 3...

TESTED AND WORKING TILL ONEPLUS 3/3T STABLE OOS 5.0.8 / ONEPLUS 3T BETA 30 / ONEPLUS 3 BETA 39..

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY TRIGGERED DM-VERITY ON OOS OREO FOLLOW THE STEPS IN POST 2 IN THIS THREAD TO GET RID OF DM-VERITY BEFORE PROCEEDING...

Nothing has been changed....
    It is 100% stock boot image except that the DM-Verity Flag has been patched...

Links:

For ONEPLUS 3T

STABLE OOS Boot Images

BETA OOS Boot Images

For OnePlus 3

STABLE OOS Boot Images

BETA OOS Boot Images

STEPS: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently ENCRYPTED and needs the procedure only for NOT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY
    USAGE FOR STOCK OOS:
    1. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip in TWRP before doing anything (even before restarting or applying any patches, root, kernels, etc.)
    2. Restart back to TWRP Recovery.
    3. Done.
    4. Now do whatever you want like usual.. Flash root, kernel, mods or anything as usual
    5. You dont have to worry about triggering DM-Verity again and any changes made to system via TWRP will not be reverted back..

The 2 Prodeures given below: This is applicable only to those people who needs the procedure for getting rid of FORCE ENCRYPTION AND PREVENT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY

PROCEDURE 1: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently NOT ENCRYPTED AND KEEP IT DECRYPTED
    First of all Backup your data preferably to and usb otg or a PC for later restore. You may lose your data from your phone following this procedure...
    1. Format SYSTEM, DALVIK, CACHE and then only Flash the Full Rom Oreo Beta OOS zip file in TWRP.
    2. DON'T REBOOT
    3. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip.
    4. DON'T REBOOT TO SYSTEM
    5. REBOOT TO TWRP.
    6. In TWRP, MOUNT SYSTEM, GO TO ADVANCED > TERMINAL and Type "df system"(without quotes) and enter. The details of the system partition will be shown. Look at the Use% and Free Space. Make sure you have atleast 100MB free space in System before you go to the next step. If you don't have enough free space then mount system in TWRP, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps)...If there is low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file and you will end up in bootloop.
    7. Once you have confirmed that you have atleast 100MB of free space left in system partition. REBOOT BACK TO TWRP.
    8. Flash "Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo v2.zip" in TWRP. (No need to mount system. The v2 zip file does it automatically)
    9. Flash SuperSuSR5 / Magisk 15.3+
    10. Done.
    11. Reboot to System.

NB:f you have bootloop go back to TWRP by keep holding the power button to power off and powering on and rebooting to TWRP via the volume buttons, mount system, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps) and reflash the disabler zip and reboot..It is due to low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file. But if you followed Steps 6 and 7 carefully you wont end up here.

PROCEDURE 2: This is applicable only to people who have their data currently ENCRYPTED AND NEEDS TO GET IT DECRYPTED and PREVENT TRIGGERING DM-VERITY
    First of all Backup your data preferably to and usb otg or a PC for later restore. You will lose your data from your phone following this procedure...
    1. Go to Bootloader...
    2. Connect to your PC..Type "fastboot format userdata" without quotes and press enter. (You will lose your data, do back up if you need something.)
    3. Don't reboot to system...Using volume buttons select boot to recovery and Reboot to TWRP.....(Very Important)
    4. Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the Model and OOS version in TWRP immediately after flashing the Stock ROM zip.
    5. DON'T REBOOT TO SYSTEM
    6. REBOOT TO TWRP
    7. In TWRP, MOUNT SYSTEM, GO TO ADVANCED > TERMINAL and Type "df system"(without quotes) and enter. The details of the system partition will be shown. Look at the Use% and Free Space. Make sure you have atleast 100MB free space in System before you go to the next step. If you don't have enough free space then mount system in TWRP, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps)...If there is low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file and you will end up in bootloop.
    8. Once you have confirmed that you have atleast 100MB of free space left in system partition. REBOOT BACK TO TWRP.
    9. Flash "Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo v2.zip" in TWRP. (No need to mount system. The v2 zip file does it automatically)
    10. Flash SuperSuSR5 / Magisk 15.3+
    11. Done.
    12. Reboot to System.

NB: If you have bootloop go back to TWRP by keep holding the power button to power off and powering on and rebooting to TWRP via the volume buttons, mount system, go to file manager and free some space in system by deleting some unwanted apps (in system/app folder like duo, google drive, hangouts,etc. which you can later reinstall via google play as it is not mandatory for them to run as system apps) and reflash the disabler zip and reboot..It is due to low space on your system partition that fstab file flashing fails resulting in blank fstab file. But if you followed Steps 7 and 8 carefully you won't end up here.

Rooting:
    For Rooting use only SuperSu 2.82 SR5 or Magisk 14.3 or above seems to work for root...

FAQs:

Q: Is the boot.img file altered in anyway?
    A: As mentioned above its 100% stock boot image except that the DM-Verity Flag has been patched in the device tree blobs (dtb)...

Q: My phone is already encrypted, will I lose encryption on flashing the zip?
    A: No. It only disables force encryption. That means if you have already disabled encryption in your phone it will prevent the phone from getting encrypted when you flash a stock OOS ROM..

Q: I happen to lose TWRP and revert to stock recovery every time I update OOS, I happen to lose changes made to system via TWRP or lose data/apps accidentally while updating OOS...Can this be corrected by using this method?
    A: Definitely. Follow the steps correctly. Each time while updating the OOS, after flashing the Full OOS ROM.zip, immediately flash the patched boot.img of the corresponding OOS given in this thread and then restart back to TWRP recovery. Done. You will never lose TWRP again..

Q: I am Rooting my phone using Magisk/Supersu then why do i need this?
    A: Its optional.. If you are rooting phone using Magisk/Supersu it patches the stock boot.img. But in case you have problems flashing Magisk/Supersu after flashing the STOCK ROM zip this can come in handy or as an insurance policy just flash this patched boot.img before doing anything. But is very helpful to those people out there who doesn't root their phone but has unlocked their phone or installed TWRP for other purposes..

Q: How to flash the patched boot.img in TWRP?
    A: Default flash option is for zip files in TWRP. Select the flash image option in TWRP. Then select the downloaded patched boot.img file and among from the partition option (boot, recovery and system) select the boot option and then flash it.

Q: What is "-Xn" seen after the OOS Version in the settings menu?
    A: That's just my signature -Xn that I had put there to make sure that you have correctly done the procedure and the boot image that is currently in use is my patched boot image and to ensure you that you are 100% safe from DM verity...

Q: Where to find downloads and queries regarding the Stock OOS ROM and Beta OOS?
    A: @Siddk007 has been maintaining Stock and Beta OOS threads were you can find relevant information.

Hope you find it useful...
    Will update this OP as newer OOS versions come....

Thanks,

@rk2612 -- For pointing out the presence of DM-Verity checks in dtbs...
    @BillGoss -- For testing out the patched boot images and providing useful posts mentioning that DM-Verity triggering reverts changes made to system...
    @akhilnarang -- For helping tackle the weirdness of fstab decryption....as he pointed out the fact of clearing the system of free space to get it done...

AND IF YOU DO APPRECIATE MY WORK DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME...
    THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIGGERED DM-VERITY AND NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE PERMANENTLY ON OOS OPEN BETA OREO ROMs. CONFIRMED WORKING EVEN IN THE LATEST OOS OREO STABLE 5.0.8/ BETA 30/BETA 39...

THIS IS FOR ONEPLUS 3T AND FOR ONEPLUS 3 but be careful in using the correct files corresponding to the OOS version and your MODEL

READ ALL THE STEPS AND DOWNLOAD ALL REQUIRED FILES BEFORE PROCEEDING. FOLLOW THE STEPS EXACTLY AND 100% THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE WILL BE GONE WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS OR ANY OTHER HARM!!!

Prerequisite : Install ADB for windows from here: [url]https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/URL]

1)
    2) Flash the downloaded 4.0.2 firmware OnePlus 3.zip or 4.0.2 firmware OnePlus 3T.zip file in TWRP.
    3) DONT REBOOT TO SYSTEM. REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER FROM OPTION IN TWRP.
    4) Connect your phone to the pc
    5) Press windows button + X
    6) Open Command prompt
    7) Type "fastboot oem disable_dm_verity" without quotes and press enter
    8) Type "fastboot oem enable_dm_verity" without quotes and press enter
    9) DONT REBOOT TO SYSTEM. REBOOT TO TWRP RECOVERY.
    10) 11) DONT REBOOT!!!!
    12) VERY IMPORTANT: WITHOUT REBOOTING, Flash the downloaded boot-patched.img file corresponding to the OOS version and phone model(either stable or beta) in TWRP from post 1...

13) Reboot..The DM-verity message is gone forever...

VERY IMPORTANT:
    1. If you need to keep your phone un-encrypted flash Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo.zip immediately after step 12 and then only reboot.
    2.If you are attempting this method on a a CUSTOM ROM then after Step 12 flash the full CUSTOM ROM zip file + latest gapps again without doing any sort of wipes in TWRP immediately and then only reboot....

Enjoy!!!

FAQs...

Q: Will I lose any data after I do these steps?
    A: Never. There will be no data loss or any untoward effects of the procedure. Your data and phone will be in the exact same state as it was a before except for the fact that the damn dirty Dm-Verity message will be gone forever!!!

Q: Will this work on CUSTOM ROMs?
    A: Of course. It has been tested to be perfectly working on even CUSTOM ROMs. Just follow the instructions in this post carefully where specific steps for CUSTOM ROMs are mentioned.

Knowledge is always good and Xda is the best place to share it.. So here it is...

This is important for those interested in depth reading and for those who casually use xda to just download and use stuff because it gonna affect you all...

It all begins with the boot.img file which is located inside the Oxygen OS ROM zip file. The Boot image file can be practically for learning purpose be broken down to ramdisk, kernel and dtb(device tree blob) files.

The importance of all this is that from Oreo onwards Oneplus just shifted the fstab entry(in which the code triggering dm-verity is located) into the dtb file rather than in the ramdisk which becomes a little hard to edit rather than while being in the ramdisk.
    So the essential steps being unpacking dtb file from the boot image, then editing the code triggering the dm-verity in the dtb file and then repacking the dtb into the boot image file again. Seems simple but its rather difficult...
    The dtb file extracted from the boot image file in fact can be further split into 13 dtb dumps, 12 of which having an fstab entry that triggers dm-verity and each has to patched individually and then combined to a single dtb file and then repacked to the boot image....

The original code in dtb file by Oneplus in the boot image file after decompiling and analysing by the dtc(device tree compiler) is :

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					status = "ok";
    				};
    			};

The line fsmgr_flags = "wait,verify"; should be changed to fsmgr_flags = "wait" to avoid triggering dm verity.

So lets see...

What Magisk does... After analysing the patched boot image by magisk 14.5, 14.6 and 15.0 the Fstab entry in the dtb file looks like this:

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					status = "ok";
    				};
    			};

The problem is that magisk searches for the hex code for --->,verify and then replaces it with zero bytes....that efficiently disables the dm verity check in fs tab but the line fsmgr_flags = <0x77616974 0x0 0x0>; makes no sense...but when you translate the hex:77616974 to ASCII it becomes "wait". But whether this has any impilcations on the system or performance. I just simply dont know....
    And I just couldn't analyse the dtb file produced by Magisk 15.1 as it fails to patch the dtb file in the boot image completely...just giving an error as Segmentation fault...This is well noticed as you cannot see the line stating that patching fstab in dtb file is conspicuously absent when you flash Magisk 15.1.. and hence Magisk 15.1 fails to clear the dm verity flag in the boot image...This can be ascertained by many who reported that they triggered dm verity today as they flashed Magisk 15.1 after flashing the ROM zip file in the Open Beta thread for oneplus 3T on XDA. But many didn't notice it as they just flashed Magisk 15/14.6 and then upgraded Magisk to 15.1 as the earlier versions as stated above took care of dm verity...
    I have to say Magisk is one of the wonders in modern day android era and the statements i have given above is just observations and are really not meant to degrade or hurt the dev or anyone associated with magisk. @topjohnwu will already be knowing the issue as he is one hell of a developer and will definitely be correcting it...

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
    					type = "ext4";
    				};

Now here the line fsmgr_flags = "wait"; is good but the line --->status = "ok"; is completely missing as SuperSu appends the line after the word "wait" in the fstab...And now whether this has any implications too whther I really dont know butit too does the job of removing dm-verity triggering...

Post a tiring study through all this I finally managed to patch the Oneplus boot image to as good as possible. I manually unpacked the boot image to dtb. The split the combined dtb to individual dtbs and the removed the line of code manually and the repacked the whole thing again to the original Boot image.
    The dtb file in My Patched boot image looks like this after analysing with dtc.. And achieves the desired result...and perfectly avoids triggering dm-verity without causing any untoward effects in the fstab section in dtb file.

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
    					status = "ok";
    				};

Now the real question,
    ---> When you flash Magisk after flashing my patched boot image it does nothing because it fails to identify the hex code for ",verify" as there is no such word/hex code in my boot.img file so it doesn't change anything to the fstab section in the dtb file in my patched boot image and so there no untoward effects in the code...
    --->When you flash SuperSu, but, it still appends the line after "wait" in the dtb file in my patched boot image too and results in removal of the line status = "ok";.

Earlier Boot images posted in the OP, I too patched the hexcodes using a hex editor in the binary dtb file resulting in results in fstab section of dtb file like Magisk...
    Now on I will manually patch each boot image file to produce the fstab file with no other alterations done in the dtb file so that there will never be any problems after flashing the patched boot images....
    Hey Guys!!!

Have been busy this weekend with packing, unpacking, repacking of oneplus boot images and have been studying the patching of dm-verity in Fstab a liitle bit in depth....

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					status = "ok";
    				};
    			};

So lets see...

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					status = "ok";
    				};
    			};

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
    					type = "ext4";
    				};

Code:
    fstab {

system {
    					type = "ext4";
    					fsmgr_flags = "wait";
    					status = "ok";
    				};

Now the real question,
    ---> When you flash Magisk after flashing my patched boot image it does nothing because it fails to identify the hex code for ",verify" as there is no such word/hex code in my boot.img file so it doesn't change anything to the fstab section in the dtb file in my patched boot image and so there no untoward effects in the code...code...So virtually you can use any version of magisk above v14 including version 15.1 for root purpose along with my patched boot image without any hassle.

This details have been updated in the Post 3 in the OP too to keep it from getting lost in the thread...

So Guys,

The patched boot images in which dtb file in the boot image has been patched manually cleaning the fstab entry in dtb file for Open Beta 29 and Open Beta 20 for Oneplus 3 and 3T have been updated in the OP.... There will not be -Xn after flashing the patched boot images from now on...I have removed it...Just make sure you download the right file and flash it....
    Happy Flashing...
    Happy Xmas and Happy New Year...
    Suffered a Personal loss of Family...Really was and still is hard to cope up with...The times when you know that death is the ultimate reality and the void left behind by them can never be really filled by anything and their memories will always linger and haunt us throughout life...And the ultimate realisation to cherish every moment of life when you are still living with your loved ones....

Here are the download links to the patched boot imgaes for Open Beta 29/38 for OnePlus 3T / 3....

Oneplus 3T --> Download (md5 - AB88BA2080CF46FE9EE4814623DB379A)

Oneplus 3 --> Download (md5 - E5C5B244B47FCE94878C28C3A2E78C1D)

Force_Encryption_Disabler_For_OOS_Oreo.zip v2.zip will work well these beta updates too...

OP Updated Accordingly...