Search This thread

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Nope, I can't get it working by doing that :(

It works on stock OxygenOS Oreo. If you're on a custom ROM it's not gonna be that straightforward.

But, I did notice that it now gets reset at boot, so it has to be done after the device has fully booted. Either with something like Tasker or by adding a delay to whatever boot script runs the command (Magisk module, etc). Running the command in Magisk late_start service mode (service.d/service.sh) and adding a 15 second delay does the trick for me...

Reactions: uncle_gonny

datvui2211

Aug 2, 2013
It works on stock OxygenOS Oreo. If you're on a custom ROM it's not gonna be that straightforward.

But, I did notice that it now gets reset at boot, so it has to be done after the device has fully booted. Either with something like Tasker or by adding a delay to whatever boot script runs the command (Magisk module, etc). Running the command in Magisk late_start service mode (service.d/service.sh) and adding a 15 second delay does the trick for me...
It works flawless now :laugh:, thank you all!

Reactions: jakobWango

Paschfire

May 16, 2014
Ottawa
Samsung Galaxy A20
A note to others...

I have the a3 panel on my OnePlus 3T running OOS 5.0 Official 28_171116 stock/rooted with Magisk v15.0(1500) beta, the DCI-P3 file is present within /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI-P3 and when I echo the command via terminal app DCI-P3 colour profile enables instantly.

I can clearly see the changes in colour saturation and warmer tone compared to Default.

So I don't think having the ability to enable DCI-P3 is exclusive to only the a5 panel.

I suggest if you have the either the a3 or a5 panel, first check to see if the DCI-P3 is present within in the above file path, then just echo this command via terminal app;

su
echo "1" > /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI_P3

If DCI-P3 is working you'll see the changes right away.

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
A note to others...

I have the a3 panel on my OnePlus 3T running OOS 5.0 Official 28_171116 stock/rooted with Magisk v15.0(1500) beta, the DCI-P3 file is present within /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI-P3 and when I echo the command via terminal app DCI-P3 colour profile enables instantly.

I can clearly see the changes in colour saturation and warmer tone compared to Default.

So I don't think having the ability to enable DCI-P3 is exclusive to only the a5 panel.

I suggest if you have the either the a3 or a5 panel, first check to see if the DCI-P3 is present within in the above file path, then just echo this command via terminal app;

su
echo "1" > /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI_P3

If DCI-P3 is working you'll see the changes right away.
OxygenOS added support for DCI-P3 on both panels during the Nougat open beta phase which I ported into Caesium kernel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using XDA Labs

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 11
Hi, can any one provide a pic/snapshot of the before and after screen? i recently got a op3t and i think so my display is a bit faulty, showing a bit bluish feel on white. thanks

NicestRudeGuy

Jul 28, 2014
New Delhi
Then read it again. Look for text in orange.

now i got bootloops

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Hi all,

I packaged this into a Magisk module for everyone to enjoy. It simply runs the provided command as part of the Magisk late_start service.

Here is a link to the GitHub repo: https://github.com/doubleaykay/DCI-P3_Enabler_OP3T. I have submitted it to the repo.

In the meantime, I have attached a zip you can install in Magisk.

I have tested it on my own device and it works perfectly!

Enjoy!

Edit: Yes, this allows it to persist through reboots!

got bootloop on OOS beta 22

xontax

Dec 17, 2011
OnePlus 9
Could you rewrite the echo command to small letters at the command? Elseif it will give an error output.

So from DCI_P3 to dci_p3. Thanks for the magisk moduke

agplugged

Oct 23, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Quick update for those of you who don't follow - there's a magisk module now that automatically activates the DCI P3 gammet for you, it is fully automatic and works through reboots. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Viktorlsn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I packaged this into a Magisk module for everyone to enjoy. It simply runs the provided command as part of the Magisk late_start service.

Here is a link to the GitHub repo: https://github.com/doubleaykay/DCI-P3_Enabler_OP3T. I have submitted it to the repo.

In the meantime, I have attached a zip you can install in Magisk.

I have tested it on my own device and it works perfectly!

Enjoy!

Edit: Yes, this allows it to persist through reboots!
    Update: Thanks to @MishaalRahman for the great summary article. More discussion there.
    Update: Thanks to @GR0S for the app solution, available in this post
    Update: Thanks to @doubleaykay for the magisk module, available in this post

I am no developer but I was researching the OP5 DCI-P3 calibration, saw that some international users were able to activate the calibration on their OP3T, and thought I would share what I have found so far. Long story short, this probably works if your device is a OP3T with the S6E3FA5 display panel, but not if your device is a OP3T with the S6E3FA3 display panel.

Note: I believe this changes the actual calibration for the "Default" selection in the display settings, but you will not see the name "Default" change to "DCI-P3"

Sources:
    Credit to @rquandt on Twitter for getting the ball rolling: Tweet
    Proposed command-line solution from ITHome: Link
    Proposed modified apk solution from OnePlusBBS: Link
    More discussion from OnePlusBBS: Link
    Even longer thread (86 pages) from OnePlusBBS: Link
    Even longer thread (583 pages) from OnePlusBBS: Link
    This post to Weibo discusses S6E3FA5 vs S6E3FA3 compatibility: Post

Procedure:
    1. Find out if your display panel is compatible (looking for S6E3FA5)
      Install AIDA64 and check Display > "Panel ID"

(optional) I also checked to see if the profiles were available on my OP3T running Oxygen OS Open Beta 9 using a file explorer.
    2. Open Terminal Emulator on your phone and enter these two commands:
      Code:
      su
      echo 1 > sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI_P3

The changes will revert to previous configuration on reboot, so this must be re-applied after reboot.

To revert changes
    • Open Terminal Emulator on your phone and enter these two commands:
      Code:
      su
      echo 0 > sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/DCI_P3
    Attached 3T-switcher.apk just modified Chinese character and changed the Chinese name of the app
    obtained from bbs.onelplus forum working well in my 3T
    Root required
    Will add srgb button tomorrow
    I made custom controls in Kernel Adiutor (it only has the option to toggle sRGB) and thought it would be convenient for those who use it.

Not sure why json files are not allowed on xda, just rename the files to .json and import them in Kernel Adiutor under the custom controls section.