FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 5.0.8 (Android 8.0) for OnePlus 3T

2,527 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,439

By Siddk007, Senior Member on 31st December 2017, 02:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hi everyone!

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 5.0.8 for OnePlus 3T. Here are some of the highlights of this build:

System:
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2018.11
- Support OnePlus Type-C Bullets Earphones
- General bug fixes and improvements

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 3T, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/

This OTA will have a staggered rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs, so using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle

>>>> Confused on How to take logs, look here
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free

31st December 2017, 02:10 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Downloads

OOS 5.0.8
md5 : e9d982da8f035571f62a5827b28daf96

Official TWRP 3.2.3-0 DO NOT USE 3.2.3-1, HAS ENCRYPTION ISSUES

Stock Recovery

ROOT: Magisk

Warning : Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free
31st December 2017, 02:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Installation Methods

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below

PS: Dirty flash is fine if you are running a previous OOS version , else if you come from a custom rom Clean Flash is recommended.

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.
2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA
5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.
The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3T is now running on the latest OxygenOS 5.0.1 firmware & OS based on 8.0 Oreo

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.
* After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
* If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.4GB zip.
* Download that and follow the same process as above.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Download the required files from Post 2

Once you have downloaded all the required files on you device, please follow as below:

1. Reboot to recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM (to be on safer side)
(Note: Nandroid from 3.0.4-1 cant be restored on older version or and visa-versa)
2. Wipe Dalvik & Cache (Dirty Flash from Previous OOS ROM) | Wipe Dalvik , System, Data & Cache (Clean Flash coming from Custom ROM)
3. Install Menu > Select OOS Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash
4. Flash Magisk for Root access
5. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
6. Reboot System and enjoy latest OxygenOS based on 8.0 Oreo

The first boot may take some time as the system would boot twice due to flash of supersu so keep calm

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free
31st December 2017, 05:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Want to get rid of DM-Verity/Force Encryption? Check this THREAD
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free
31st December 2017, 05:28 PM |#5  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 61

More
what is adaptive display mode ??
31st December 2017, 05:35 PM |#6  
Flag hyd
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hey i recently both a one plus 3t and rooted it how do i know which roms support sah charging and which do not?
i want to flash the latest nitrogen oreo 8.1 does that support dash charging?
31st December 2017, 05:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_bagade

Hey i recently both a one plus 3t and rooted it how do i know which roms support sah charging and which do not?
i want to flash the latest nitrogen oreo 8.1 does that support dash charging?

fyi, almost all roms support dash charging. you are good to flash any rom

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free
31st December 2017, 05:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKD L!NK!N

what is adaptive display mode ??

looks like OnePlus copy pasted the update details from OnePlus 5 and forgot to remove the adaptive screen calibration which is not available for us. LOL

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Siddk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Siddk007 Ad-Free
bnghty
31st December 2017, 05:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Siddk007 Flashing magisk right after 5.0.1 will make twrp stay as before? I always lose it after flashing oos
31st December 2017, 07:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 798

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddk007

Downloads

OOS 5.0.1 full zip : Gdrive

Blu_Spark TWRP

ROOT: Magisk OR SuperSU

Warning : Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.

Are you sure Magisk 15.1 is fine to be flashed with Rom 5.0.1 ?
Have you tried this yourself?

There are many posts mentioning bootloops because of this magisk version

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0
31st December 2017, 07:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice someone opened a new topic.
OP3T is still a beast
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)