We are back with brand new Pie beta build, for you all to play with.
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Integrated Google Lens mode
Those who download the Community Beta build will get OTA update when the stable build is released.
Instructions for updating to the Community Build
Backup your entire device. As its a big update and change of Android versions
For those on the latest stable version 181206
Preconditions: Boot Loader should be locked
1. Download the file from the link provided on the forum post
2. Move the downloaded file to internal storage root folder using the File Manager.
The device can then be updated via two methods.
First method: Local Update
1. Open Settings -> System update -> Click top right setting icon
2. Choose Local update
3. Click on the downloaded file and wait until the device reboots
Second Method: Recovery Update
1. Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
2. Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select 'Yes'
3. Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot
For those who are on the latest Open Beta version 180712
Note: The entire data will be wiped since there will be a version transition from Open beta to the stable version. If you made a OnePlus Switch backup, be sure to make a copy of it before moving forward.
1. Download the file form the link provided on the forum post
2. Move the downloaded file to internal storage
3. Device can be updated only via Recovery Update:
- Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select 'Yes'
- Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot
1. Dirty flash over TWRP - gives Decryption error and will lose data.
2. Dirty / clean flash over unlocked bootloader- leads to loss of data
3. Magisk / rooting - works without issues
4. Titanium backup - works without issues
In case of unlocked bootloader or custom recovery - Backup and flash Pie community Beta build, restore backup or wait till official release.
Flashing over leaked build - users report to be working,no official support would be available on this.
Thank you once again for all your patience. We are one step closer to releasing the Pie for OnePlus 3 / 3T, you can now download and try our community build right now.