FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Minimum brightness

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,833

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 1st December 2016, 08:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
You don't want to give your significant other yet another reason to yell at you while you're reading XDA in bed. Rate this thread to express what you think of the OnePlus 3T's display minimum dimness. A higher rating indicates that the display can get extremely dim, ideal for reading in very dark environments.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
2nd December 2016, 01:52 AM |#2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 17

More
i feel that they need to dim it more, it's still annoying
2nd December 2016, 04:53 AM |#3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

More
One thing I noticed is that the phone offers EXTREME fine tune-ing of the lower brightness end.....when I adjust the adaptive brightness, if I click and drag the setting towards the bottom end, there is tons of adjustability available to the user to find exactly how much brightness you want. Having said that, the lowest settings appears quite dim to me (but not 'dangerously' dim)
2nd December 2016, 01:40 PM |#4  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
The lowest setting for me seems to be extremely bright still, for night usage at least. Every other phone I've used has been able to get far more dim.

Anyone know of any way to lower it further actually?
2nd December 2016, 02:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipaton

The lowest setting for me seems to be extremely bright still, for night usage at least. Every other phone I've used has been able to get far more dim.

Anyone know of any way to lower it further actually?

root it and with the help of xposed (or without) you can edit the parameters to make it even dimmer.
2nd December 2016, 02:41 PM |#6  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsail

root it and with the help of xposed (or without) you can edit the parameters to make it even dimmer.

What do I edit? I'm rooted with Xposed.
2nd December 2016, 02:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipaton

What do I edit? I'm rooted with Xposed.

check this out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2367412
2nd December 2016, 07:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This phone is love
OnePlus 3T is just an amazing phone, I loved it
5th March 2017, 10:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Got the device for a few weeks and there are already burn ins on the left side
6th March 2017, 12:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If you don't want the hassle of rooting and running xposed you could just install an app from play store, I use lower brightness by Nu-Kob, nothing fancy but it does the job
5th April 2017, 09:13 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 208

More
I'm using rr with magisk (if any of that even matters when it comes to brightness). When the lights are off and I have the brightness all the way up I can barely look at it. But when I turn the brightness all the way down with the lights off it is perfect and I can see everything very clearly and my girlfriend or has an s6 and she is always jealous that when she turns her brightness down it's still blinding. So I think it's great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)