FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,816

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 1st December 2016, 08:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the OnePlus 3T's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 04:57 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I think MM is good in general, but so far so good. I only lose 1 to 3% overnight.
The Following User Says Thank You to insaneoctane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insaneoctane Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 05:27 AM |#3  
Flag Victoria BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I have plenty of battery drain overnight, mostly the Android system, Android OS and Google services.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExjeetzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExjeetzZ Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 06:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've had the phone for 2 days now and overnight battery drain is around 5%, but the real problem is that Android System takes up around 30% of my battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to s-hfarooq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s-hfarooq Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 07:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
in 8h night (standby) i get 1-2% drain.
wifi, sync enabled.

if you get major drain, then its something on your setup causing it.
its always like that. (except something is broken on hardware side)
The Following User Says Thank You to Notor1ouS- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Notor1ouS- Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 09:23 AM |#6  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 430

More
OxygenOS 3.5.1. - 1-2% battery drain;
OxygenOS 3.5.3. - 0% battery drain (in one scenario phone was left to [email protected]% (took off the charger and it drained 0% in 4 hour sleep period and in the other scenario the phone was left @53% to sleep and it drained 0% in 8 hour sleep period)

more info can be found here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...00mah-t3505786
The Following User Says Thank You to jemeljsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jemeljsh Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 02:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 739

More
My experience is that the phone is better than average for sleep drain, just ~1-2 % with stock kernel. With Tyranus kernel v12 by @mdalexca, I'm not seeing any drain overnight at all. Battery life on medium usage looks to be a few days at least. (Yeah, I'm a light user aside from my first week with a new phone where I nearly wear it out ;;))
6th December 2016, 07:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I saw 2% drop over night. I slept almost 8 hours so not bad right?!
7th December 2016, 07:08 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using Nova Launcher ...experiencing battery drain 3~4% overnight (5-7 hours) with WiFi off. But during the day, WiFi on, not even touching phone and it goes down 10% in an hour and a half. Battery reports Android System as the culprit. Any suggestions guys?
7th December 2016, 04:17 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpower

Using Nova Launcher ...experiencing battery drain 3~4% overnight (5-7 hours) with WiFi off. But during the day, WiFi on, not even touching phone and it goes down 10% in an hour and a half. Battery reports Android System as the culprit. Any suggestions guys?

Turn off Android System.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disgustip8ed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Disgustip8ed Ad-Free
7th December 2016, 04:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got pretty good standby last night. Some nights don't give me near as good standby, so it's quite inconsistent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161207-053146.png
Views:	3614
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	3961094
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)