Thanks Meter: 7,668

By Primokorn, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 14th February 2017, 10:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2019, 09:21 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1,487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersandeepkr

If I do not set up any boot password/pattern etc but just a swipe on lockscreen then,
after restoring the back up and then flashing the given zips for five files immediately,

Will I be able to set up the PIN/Password/pattern on the restored ROM?

yes

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmantahir

Hey!
I'm an HTC U11+ user and this doesn't work for me, im facing the same issue either i restock via OTA or TWRP backup, any thing you consider sharing that could help me?

1 thing though, i manually flashed 1.24.401.2 images, while my bootloader shows the actual version to be 1.24.401.12 .
Could this be in anyway be causing my problems?

try THIS SCRIPT
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamilmirza Ad-Free

11th June 2019, 07:01 PM |#22  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this work for Xiaomi Mi A1?
The problem is, that this phone has standard encryption from the passphrase. I have forgotten my unlock pattern, and would hate to have to do a reset. But even the TWRP recovery asks me for the pattern, and the partitions stay encrypted if you cannot remember that pattern. Any hope?
I mean, the pattern must be stored somewhere, and not encrypted, like in the boot partition or the recovery partition. Maybe if I can extract that with ADB or Fastboot?
Or could I flash a custom ROM to overcome this issue?
23rd June 2019, 05:48 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Many of you know how to fix this issue.

I created a simple zip to do it faster. The TWRP file manager can be very useful but it's not as confortable as a file manager like MiXplorer, Amaze, Solid...

From now on, instead of going to the TWRP file manager to remove the files one by one, just flash one of these zips and reboot.

- To remove the 5 files > DOWNLOAD LINK

- As suggested, here is another flashable zip to only remove the LOCKSETTINGS files > DOWNLOAD LINK

- Final version, to only remove locksettings.db => DOWNLOAD LINK (recommended)

Here are below the list of files it removes:

Code:
gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key
locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal

I used the file to delete all 5 files. Now my fingerprint sensor is not detected. There still seem to be two registered fingerprints on my OnePlus 3 phone (9.0.3 firmware, latest LinageOS ROM) but it is impossible to delete them. Is there a way to fix this without being too drastic?

Thanks

DrT
The Following User Says Thank You to DrTeeth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrTeeth Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashable zip, pin error, twrp error

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)