IR Sensor

Search This thread

GameNCode

Jul 2, 2016
Purchased 2 versions of IR sensors from eBay, 1 that is supposed to be iPhone only that plugs into the headphone jack and one for android that plugs into type c jack.
Will these work?

Reactions: arvindgr

LoTableT

Nov 23, 2010
La Spezia
i never trought it can be exist a "plug and play" ir sensor. You said you 've purchased it, so when you receive that, could you post your experience here please?

thedamnone

Apr 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord
It's plug and play in the sense that it works like headphones and microphone. There's no difference to the phone. The app handles the IR logic by "listening" and playing sound through headphone jack.

genutzu_199

Nov 26, 2010
Iasi
Ordered the same IR device. It arrived yesterday but I can't get it to work.
Could you please post your settings in phone and ZaZa app to make it work?
Thanks.

I own a Sony Android TV, a newer model, and it worked fine. I've tried on a older Sharp TV but it didn't work on that one.
Anyway, you must make sure you open ZaZa Remote app, insert the IR device in the 3,5 mm Jack port AND switch the IR device slowly until the phone detects it as if you inserted your headphones (there are instructions on the device's package). Somehow, switching the IR device in the 3,5 mm port acts as a on/off switch.
I have no special settings in the app but I remember I've played around with the IR driver settings. If you swipe from the left part of the app to the right, there is a bottom button about IR driver. Play with that one and try.
Now I don't have the device with me so I can't give you more specific details.

GameNCode

Jul 2, 2016
Kind of forgot to update this.
The second IR sensor that I ordered arrived and it's wayyy better (Connects via Type C and uses OTG)
I can use stuff at range unlike the AUX connector.
But it's also 8 times more expensive ($~11)

bhanucbs.id

Jan 5, 2013
Ordered the same IR device. It arrived yesterday but I can't get it to work.
Could you please post your settings in phone and ZaZa app to make it work?
Thanks.

IR device needed power supply for working, so make sure put volume to full so it can get power supply... But it's only work for small range, because OP5 dose not giving enough power supply to IR device for long range. Try it....

Top Liked Posts