Magnetic usb cable

Search This thread

edfx

Oct 8, 2015
Hey guys!

I was thinking about geting a magnetic cable for my OP5, they seem greate for beeyng very practical to use and in theory helping to expand the device's usb port life.
So with that in mind, does anyone have any ideia if...

1- Is there a 4A magnetic usb C cable compatible with dash/vooc?
and
2 - is there any chance that using a magnetic cable would cause damage to the phone?

Last edited:

jkieffer46

Dec 15, 2010
Nope no dash charge just slow/about 1A. Don't think slow charging would kill your phone. I use em all the time and have had no problems this far.

Reactions: edfx

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
Same here, I have a micro-usb magnetic connector for my smartach and another magnetic type-c for a tablet and both can't deliver more than 1A , but they are indeed very handy !

roba93

Aug 19, 2016

Hmm i says that it can support S8 too.
Only problem i see is that the USB C charge part needs to stay in the phone, and the other part is magnetic.
Not really convenient i think..

NightMean

Mar 31, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Mega

It won't work with Dash Charge anyway.. You need their cable with their charger otherwise it won't work,I haven't seen any 3rd party accessories that supports Dash Charge

edfx

Oct 8, 2015
Hmm i says that it can support S8 too.
Only problem i see is that the USB C charge part needs to stay in the phone, and the other part is magnetic.
Not really convenient i think..

That's kind of the whole idea that makes it convenient, not having to plug the cable. But yeah you do have to always use a case to cover it.

edfx

Oct 8, 2015
It won't work with Dash Charge anyway.. You need their cable with their charger otherwise it won't work,I haven't seen any 3rd party accessories that supports Dash Charge

Ok the Charger i get but the cable, are you sure?

Is there something else about the OP stock cable besisdes the amount of juice that it can put thru? (considering that that ports a usb-c on one end and usb on the other)

I always thought that there wasn't any other cable compatible because before apple put a usb-c charging/data port on macbook there was no market for a 4A cable apart from Oppo and Oneplus.

NightMean

Mar 31, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Mega

Is there something else about the OP stock cable besisdes the amount of juice that it can put thru? (considering that that ports a usb-c on one end and usb on the other)

I always thought that there wasn't any other cable compatible because before apple put a usb-c charging/data port on macbook there was no market for a 4A cable apart from Oppo and Oneplus.
Yes I'm sure,there is a ton of sites that explains Dash Charge. I Think they put some microchip inside so OP phones can check the compatibility and allow the 4A charge
Edit: There is some article that states that you need their cable

Last edited:

edfx

Oct 8, 2015
Yes I'm sure,there is a ton of sites that explains Dash Charge. I Think they put some microchip inside so OP phones can check the compatibility and allow the 4A charge

Quoting the part of the article that talks about the cable "they won’t be compatible with the high current that’s supplied to the device".

So if the current is the only reason... than i believe it could be compatible sense it hits the 4A spot.

Compatible or not the seller/manufaturer will only ship the cable once it hits 200 pcs sold mark, which is pretty far from the current 42 pre-orders. That's too bad i was actualy willing to buy and test it if it wasn't for this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope no dash charge just slow/about 1A. Don't think slow charging would kill your phone. I use em all the time and have had no problems this far.
    Same here, I have a micro-usb magnetic connector for my smartach and another magnetic type-c for a tablet and both can't deliver more than 1A , but they are indeed very handy !