°OnePlus Type-C OTG Cable° Original or NOT?

Search This thread

Mr.5g

Hi
I know from the past that it's important in most cases to buy original assecoires, for example for the Iphone. For the iphone is best to use original or Certified products.
I wonder now, whether this also applies to the op5? . Or are the cheap accessories from ebay, aliexpress and so on also good?
What are the conditions for an adapter / cable?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•​

€9,95 Oneplus​
b829faa0dd316582f793687bc737b354.png

€1,10 Aliexpress​
USB-Type-C-Male-naar-USB-Vrouwelijke-OTG-Adapter-Kabel-Cord-voor-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Plus.jpg_640x640.jpg

But what about this older articel?

Google engineer sais you shouldn't buy Oneplus USB Type-C cables.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/11/16/9742360/oneplus-usb-type-c-cable-adapter

Last edited:

OldNuc

Apr 7, 2010
The 1+ type C cables are set up to support DASH charge and should not be used with the other non DASH charge enabled phones for the reason stated. As to the OTG adapter that has nothing to do with DASH charge and should work just fine for its intended purpose. If you attempt to also use the OTG adapter with any other USB port charging source it should only operate as a slow charger for the 1+ phone.

Mr.5g

The 1+ type C cables are set up to support DASH charge and should not be used with the other non DASH charge enabled phones for the reason stated. As to the OTG adapter that has nothing to do with DASH charge and should work just fine for its intended purpose. If you attempt to also use the OTG adapter with any other USB port charging source it should only operate as a slow charger for the 1+ phone.
Not for charging, but for data transmission

corsmax59

Oct 29, 2016
Hi,
On Aliexpress, i have found the original USB otg-cable oneplus for 3€. It work great !

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

Aedriaen

Mar 22, 2008
Tried the original Oneplus cable, it seems impossible to transfer data even after changing the settings on the phone. Does anyone has any suggestions. Would be much obliged.
Greetings Aedriaen