RhinoShield / CrashGuard bumper for OP5

Search This thread

freaky2xd

Jan 9, 2015
I bought the rhinoshield bumper for my OP5 hoping it would fit with a dbrand skin, unfortunately it did not, the buttons didn't work with the case :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just made a quick video to give a better idea of the combination of Rhinoshield + OnePlus protector:

You can see squeezing the case does not lift the protector at all, the responsiveness of the official protector is fine.
    The case nicely slopes outward along the front and back edges so that's probably why the protector fits in nicely.
    As is already known, the protector slightly cuts off the display around the edges, as you can see from my battery indicator bar at the top when I moved the phone
    The buttons on the Crashguard are quite stiff but easily usable if you're holding the phone properly.
    The rom I'm running is official Resurrection Remix with the Pitch Black Substratum theme with red accent to match the back and wallpaper.

Sadly you can see the spot on the bottom left of the display where I had a speck of dust under the protector (thought I'd got it all, I swear you need a vacuum to apply those things) but it's not really visible when using the phone, only when it's black, if you're more careful than me then you'll have an even better result ;)

Forgive the awful auto-focus, it was filmed with the ancient OnePlus 2 :)

Any more questions, let me know
    Here's some shots, especially showing the camera protecting lip. I've got a Nillkin screen protector on it just now but you can see it might just accommodate a normal one.

If you want more specific shots, let me know
    Buuut is it getting softer or it stays hard even after a long period of time?

article-2216715-1555EA89000005DC-372_306x239.jpg

If it stays hard for over 4 hours, consult a developer.
    Well, decided to bite the bullet and try my official tempered glass screen protector and it's pretty much a perfect fit. Of course, I don't think I'll now be able to remove either the case or the protector without coming a cropper but it's good to know. Hopefully someone else can try the other full coverage protector people have been looking at, I have a feeling that will be fine too.

Sadly it wasn't a perfect application, I had a couple of specks of dust near the bottom of the screen which are showing as bubbles, hopefully these might get better but hey, I'm not removing the whole thing just for that.

I stuck my XtremeSkins vinyl on too, have to say, I really don't like vinyl skins, why give you the logo as a separate part, just print it on the vinyl ! You can see it's slightly skewed at the bottom too, oh well, I'll try another one sometime. The camera glass was supposed to be white too but I think it just looks stupid so removed it.

Even squeezing the bumper doesn't lift the protector, I think these 2 might just be the perfect combination (apart from the protector slightly cutting off the screen of course, how is that even possible when it's their own device?)