FORUMS

usb-c to HDMI adapter

375 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By BPM, Senior Member on 3rd July 2017, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
does the op5 support HDMI output?
would an adapter like this work: https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Aluminiu...c+hdmi+adapter

i would like to use it with a nexDock (until my Superbook arrives)

will the op5 support displayLink?
3rd July 2017, 05:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Following I'd like to know the answer to this too
3rd July 2017, 07:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,279

More
There are hdmi related lines in buildprop but im sure the device doesnt support it.
3rd July 2017, 11:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
The OnePlus 5 sadly does not support it, it only has USB2.0 and iirc somewhere in the spec sheet on the OnePlus website it's also stated it won't work
4th July 2017, 07:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Asked customer support. Doesn't support it
9th July 2017, 01:11 AM |#6  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,572

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPM

does the op5 support HDMI output?
would an adapter like this work: https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Aluminiu...c+hdmi+adapter

i would like to use it with a nexDock (until my Superbook arrives)

will the op5 support displayLink?

I have an anker and an apple usb-c converter, I'll try them both tomorrow.

Same on the HTC 10 everyone thought it didnt work but it did. My money is on it working

Well test tomorrow for sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
9th July 2017, 01:02 PM |#7  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
OK some bad news.

Just tried my Anker https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/USB-Hubs/...ker+usb-c+hdmi

And my Apple USB-C to HDMI https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/50t/Apple...+usb-c+to+hdmi

Neither of them even pass through current, which is really really bad, i'm livid as I sometimes play games in work on my monitor when it's really quiet.

So so so bad on Oneplus' part here, this is the first big problem i've had, means you can't stream low latency to your TV using a cable? Wtf would you remove that feature?

Woeful behaviour.

PS: If anyone thinks that wireless streaming is on par with a direct line to your phone for the likes of gaming or even watching movies, you're wrong.

Annoyed the hell out of me that has.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejo

There are hdmi related lines in buildprop but im sure the device doesnt support it.

Would this suggest that it can be modified, USB-C is USB-C? Could this be enabled do you think? Hate it when features are removed for no good reason

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Ok so just added this line to the buildpro in /system

com.qc.hdmi_out=true

This actually allows the power to pass through but does nothing for output, both adapters now allow juice to pass through, i'll keep digging, there must be a way to allow this.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

OK so after a little digging i've found that the VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode may be an option should it be supported? Uses display link

Ok we could use the chromecast which for video is just about ok, but for perfect lip sync and gaming? Forget about it, it's a sub par peripheral which just can't cut it.

I just so happen to have a display link adapter in work so i'll be testing this on Monday. Personally I can't see it but will try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
9th July 2017, 07:10 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

OK some bad news.

Just tried my Anker https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/USB-Hubs/...ker+usb-c+hdmi

And my Apple USB-C to HDMI https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/50t/Apple...+usb-c+to+hdmi

Neither of them even pass through current, which is really really bad, i'm livid as I sometimes play games in work on my monitor when it's really quiet.

So so so bad on Oneplus' part here, this is the first big problem i've had, means you can't stream low latency to your TV using a cable? Wtf would you remove that feature?

Woeful behaviour.

PS: If anyone thinks that wireless streaming is on par with a direct line to your phone for the likes of gaming or even watching movies, you're wrong.

Annoyed the hell out of me that has.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Would this suggest that it can be modified, USB-C is USB-C? Could this be enabled do you think? Hate it when features are removed for no good reason

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Ok so just added this line to the buildpro in /system

com.qc.hdmi_out=true

This actually allows the power to pass through but does nothing for output, both adapters now allow juice to pass through, i'll keep digging, there must be a way to allow this.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

OK so after a little digging i've found that the VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode may be an option should it be supported? Uses display link

Ok we could use the chromecast which for video is just about ok, but for perfect lip sync and gaming? Forget about it, it's a sub par peripheral which just can't cut it.

I just so happen to have a display link adapter in work so i'll be testing this on Monday. Personally I can't see it but will try.

You can try to add HDMI related lines from Galaxy s7
The Following User Says Thank You to nadejo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nadejo Ad-Free
9th July 2017, 11:02 PM |#9  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejo

You can try to add HDMI related lines from Galaxy s7

Will do tomorrow mate.. nice one

11th July 2017, 06:38 AM |#10  
Flag San Jacinto
Thanks Meter: 495

More
I tried as well on my adapter for my chromebook.. No dice. It's not being recognized. My Chromecast works fantastic though. 😁😃

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs
11th July 2017, 01:25 PM |#11  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilsonxD

I tried as well on my adapter for my chromebook.. No dice. It's not being recognized. My Chromecast works fantastic though. 😁😃

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

For streaming it'll be fine..but for any kind of gaming you'll need to have TV out via a cable..60hz 1080p, completely abysmal that it's been left out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)