Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10th August 2017, 12:50 AM |#102  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGX

Hi @franciscofranco
Are you aware that all your scripts from ak2>ramdisk are not being correctly applied after booting ?
For exemple, in “init.fk.rc”, your value of “2048” at “/sys/block/sda/queue/read_ahead_kb” is still at his stock value.
Meaning that (of course) all your other tweaks are not properly loaded, unfortunately

I checked mine, it's at 512...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nX

Just a little question, why my battery stats/charge are disable now? It's because Kernel, settings, Naptime?

Parameters > Battery > Utilisation from the last charge > Informations for the battery unavailable

The results are cleared after you charge battery and it has to compile information (let the battery start draining) to give you information. This is normal. Wait 30 minutes or use the battery heavily to let it get information.

-----

Franco would you recommend not using any other doze managers/disabling any particular OS management settings to allow your kernel better management?

Also, was curious if there was a point to creating a "stock" kernel to have people flash to remove all other modifications a different kernel/OOS based ROM might do, or would a simple dirty flash be best?

As far as I can tell your kernel is working for me 4.0 (Navy jargon for great) right now. I did have an anomaly I haven't been able to duplicate, where after connecting a headset, i switched to Bluetooth and music would only play out of my device speakers. Reboot fixed. Will try and duplicate and see the cause on a logcat.

Love your kernel! Moderate use playing music today for several hours and battery was down to 85%.
The Following User Says Thank You to Denkai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Denkai Ad-Free
10th August 2017, 03:20 AM |#103  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 373

Donate to Me
More
Unbelievable improvement in battery life 😍 from 6hrs sot to 9hrs medium-heavy use

I have a question though will the kernel work on custom roms ? I'm planning to flash RR
The Following User Says Thank You to valkaizer2594 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift valkaizer2594 Ad-Free
10th August 2017, 03:29 AM |#104  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkaizer2594

Unbelievable improvement in battery life 😍 from 6hrs sot to 9hrs medium-heavy use

I have a question though will the kernel work on custom roms ? I'm planning to flash RR

It works on other devices with RR. Find out and post the results. Make a backup first. He said he eventually plans on LOS so I imagine RR is on the list too. But it's only r2 so give it time.
10th August 2017, 03:37 AM |#105  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi!

I want to try this kernel. I am on stock oos but rooted with twrp. My question is. Will I still be able to flash any upcoming updates with this kernel installed? Do i have to reflash it again if I want to update? I want to stay with stock oos with root but with a custom kernel. Tia!
10th August 2017, 04:30 AM |#106  
Flag San Jacinto
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal_nell

Hi!

I want to try this kernel. I am on stock oos but rooted with twrp. My question is. Will I still be able to flash any upcoming updates with this kernel installed? Do i have to reflash it again if I want to update? I want to stay with stock oos with root but with a custom kernel. Tia!

You'll download the full rom zip direct from oneplus servers. (Your phone automatically does this for you)

From there, boot into recovery, flash the update downloaded by oneplus, then backup your boot partition, then flash your preferred root, then finally flash franco kernel.

Do all of this without rebooting from twrp. If you reboot before you flash root. Twrp will be replaced with oxygen recovery. But as long as you flash root after you flash the update you will be good to go. Twrp will not be taken out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrWilsonxD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrWilsonxD Ad-Free
10th August 2017, 06:27 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneftw

In FK Manager? Or where?

Interested also, I see no parameters anywhere
10th August 2017, 06:32 AM |#108  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 373

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkai

It works on other devices with RR. Find out and post the results. Make a backup first. He said he eventually plans on LOS so I imagine RR is on the list too. But it's only r2 so give it time.

im not asking for ETA i was just asking a query weather it works or not on rr or other custom roms :P
10th August 2017, 06:42 AM |#109  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilsonxD

You'll download the full rom zip direct from oneplus servers. (Your phone automatically does this for you)

From there, boot into recovery, flash the update downloaded by oneplus, then backup your boot partition, then flash your preferred root, then finally flash franco kernel.

Do all of this without rebooting from twrp. If you reboot before you flash root. Twrp will be replaced with oxygen recovery. But as long as you flash root after you flash the update you will be good to go. Twrp will not be taken out

Thanks man! Will try this now.
10th August 2017, 06:56 AM |#110  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkai

LOS kernels work on RR since RR is LOS based.
10th August 2017, 07:00 AM |#111  
Flag Helsinki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 2,433

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkaizer2594

im not asking for ETA i was just asking a query weather it works or not on rr or other custom roms :P

And its pretty much clearly stated in the thread that this is for OOS only!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)