Thanks Meter: 129,307

Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2018, 03:03 AM |#1781  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger16309

One reason I thought it was the Kernel was because the device got very hot spending 2 minutes getting a very weak GPS lock. It was as if the device couldn't access all of the necessary CPU/GPU power to get a lock. I made several edits to my gps.conf file and set r31 to balanced, with no other Kernel changes and I have GPS back. After more testing I'll be able to determine if it was the file, the kernel, or combination of both.

Yes, my GPS & Location settings turned out to be a bit glitchy too! At least I used to get much better location results on OxygenOS before! Were you able to pinpoint your GPS issue?

10th July 2018, 05:20 AM |#1782  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I am using OOS 5.1.3. and I noticed that after updating to r31, when I disconnect my wifi my mobile data(3G) doesn't turn ON. Even when I manually turn it OFF and ON, it doesn't turn ON. I need to turn on Airplane mode wait for 10 second and then turn it off and wait another 10 second to get Mobile data back. It also happens sporadically.

I know that it can be a coincidence. Is it happening because of the kernel update? I don't fiddle at all with FK manager other than Display lower max brightness. On Magisk side I only have V4Android.
Is there a way to fix this without clean installing the ROM?
10th July 2018, 06:11 AM |#1783  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleomaxell

I am using OOS 5.1.3. and I noticed that after updating to r31, when I disconnect my wifi my mobile data(3G) doesn't turn ON. Even when I manually turn it OFF and ON, it doesn't turn ON. I need to turn on Airplane mode wait for 10 second and then turn it off and wait another 10 second to get Mobile data back. It also happens sporadically.

I know that it can be a coincidence. Is it happening because of the kernel update? I don't fiddle at all with FK manager other than Display lower max brightness. On Magisk side I only have V4Android.
Is there a way to fix this without clean installing the ROM?

This is no related to the kernel as I never had that issue. Are you running xposed or some kind of battery optimization apps? If so, try without them.
10th July 2018, 06:41 AM |#1784  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleomaxell

This is not issue of any custom kernel. Here is big topic about it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...3658071/page40
10th July 2018, 10:49 AM |#1785  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pycxe-01

Yes, my GPS & Location settings turned out to be a bit glitchy too! At least I used to get much better location results on OxygenOS before! Were you able to pinpoint your GPS issue?

I believe so. The gps.conf file is borked in LOS. It looks to be the OnePlus version, but may be a mish-mash.

I posted a guide to fixing the problem here.
11th July 2018, 03:31 PM |#1786  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulxerker

This is no related to the kernel as I never had that issue. Are you running xposed or some kind of battery optimization apps? If so, try without them.

I don't have any battery optimization app. I bought the OP5 on July 2017 and this is the first time I am facing this problem.
11th July 2018, 08:44 PM |#1787  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I turned up vibration to 100 in the Kernel settings but that is as high as I can go. The vibration (on LOS 15.1) is still very low. Is there any way to increase this beyond setting it at 100?
13th July 2018, 11:20 AM |#1788  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any updates on the Franco kernel update for the treble compatible update OB13?
The Following User Says Thank You to FeoRache For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FeoRache Ad-Free
13th July 2018, 12:09 PM |#1789  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeoRache

He does stable build only I guess
13th July 2018, 04:32 PM |#1790  
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeoRache

Francisco is on a honeymoon, don't expect updates soon.
14th July 2018, 02:24 AM |#1791  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Congratulations Franco. Wishing you a happy married life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepwalking0593 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sleepwalking0593 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)