Search This thread

doki81

Apr 21, 2008
Singapore
in twrp :

unpacking rmadisk failed. aborting....

updater process ended with error : 1

error installing zip file ' /sdcard/download/FK......zip"

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

link to stock kernel?

which rom are you on? if you on xXx..there is an option to flash stock...

HenriqueXI

Oct 25, 2015
Hi, I'm having my One5 fully stocked (no root yet) and I'm looking for a kernel that works with everything the stock does, but with an improvement in battery perforce. this kernel is good for this, sorry for the novice question, because I have a certain fear of doing such procedure and not change at all.
thanks for the help
and I intend to only change the kernel and keep the original rom

thx

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Hi, I'm having my One5 fully stocked (no root yet) and I'm looking for a kernel that works with everything the stock does, but with an improvement in battery perforce. this kernel is good for this, sorry for the novice question, because I have a certain fear of doing such procedure and not change at all.
thanks for the help
and I intend to only change the kernel and keep the original rom

thx
I'm rooted (SuperSU) on OOS stock 4.5.14 and only replace the stock kernel with Franco's Kernel, basically your target setup. I get the benefits of better battery with no loss of stability. I highly recommend using this kernel and suggest buying the FKU app to support the developer, get the extra customizations to the the Kernel and ease of updating to new kernel releases.

Feb 27, 2015
Hey guys. I have updated my OOS to latest 4.5.14 lately on my OP5, and then updated FK to latest 11 version. Now I cant access SmartLock option in Settings. Sorry if I may be wrong, I'm a noob at this thing, but just maybe anyone else experiencing same issue? Could this be because of kernel or is this some other kind of problem?

Thank you.

Asv97

Mar 27, 2016
Hey guys. I have updated my OOS to latest 4.5.14 lately on my OP5, and then updated FK to latest 11 version. Now I cant access SmartLock option in Settings. Sorry if I may be wrong, I'm a noob at this thing, but just maybe anyone else experiencing same issue? Could this be because of kernel or is this some other kind of problem?

Thank you.
Disable Smart lock and enable it again

XDA-Heinz

Oct 6, 2015
Couldn't be happier with the kernel as is adds roughly 1h (from 5 to 6) SOT for my usage - thanks for that!

The only issue I'm facing is that the led notification seems to be missing for some apps, e.g. Whatsapp. Using the stock kernel I get the (green) notification led, just plain nothing with Franco.

Any idea how I could fix that?

EDIT: Resolved. For anybody having the same issue - setting the notification sound to silent / none disables the notification led. Very likely that I had the same behavior with stock OOS kernel, to be verified.

Last edited:

Jay0r

Jul 13, 2012
Hi Franco,

im using your Kernel since day one on the Galaxy Nexus. Its the first time I'm getting into bigger trouble with your App on my OnePlus 5.
Im running the Lineage for MicroG Rom on the latest nightly and installed your App with the YalpStore (I bought your App at the PlayStore). I made a clean install yesterday and now im getting the Message "This app is not licensed"...

Ive checked the Safetynet net Status which could be a reason why I'm facing this trouble but it seems everything is alright.
What could i do?

Last edited:

aeonix_05

Jan 25, 2013
QC
Hi Franco,

im using your Kernel since day one on the Galaxy Nexus. Its the first time I'm getting into bigger trouble with your App on my OnePlus 5.
Im running the Lineage for MicroG Rom on the latest nightly and installed your App with the YalpStore (I bought your App at the PlayStore). I made a clean install yesterday and now im getting the Message "This app is not licensed"...

Ive checked the Safetynet net Status which could be a reason why I'm facing this trouble but it seems everything is alright.
What could i do?
Did u mean Linage as LOS? LOS is not yet supported afaik

Reactions: Jay0r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds from r1 up to r12 are for Android 7.1.1 Nougat OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds from r13 are for Android 8.0.0 Oreo OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds starting with r18 work with Android 8.1.0 Custom roms.
    Builds starting with r28 up to r32 work with OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r33 work with OxygenOS 5.1.5 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r40 are for OxygenOS 9.0 Android Pie.
    Builds starting with r44 are also available for custom roms such as LineageOS.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from FK Kernel Manager app, it's magical

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/OP5-5T-unified

Follow me on socials for updates and interesting tidbits
    Twitter[/URL

FK Kernel Manager video
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNqh71D0E

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    As usual there's a large focus on battery life. F2FS is upstreamed to the latest version and I spent a couple days single picking useful commits from Qualcomm's repository with fixes and power consumption improvements.

You should see an improvement in battery life.
    Happy new year! I'll release FK for Oreo tomorrow!
    Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r32 is out with all the updates you need. And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

Support for open betas with Treble will go out tomorrow, it's late and I haven't tested it as much as I'd like.

I hope ya'll doing great :)
    Anyway, pushed r16. It's a 100% rebased Kernel on top of a clean stock + latest CAF stage + upstream 4.4.112 from Flash Kernel's base with all my commits & work on top. It's compatible with stock OxygenOS and the latest Open Beta 4.
    You can auto-flash with my app if you're on the beta channel http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
    or just download the zip from the OP and flash.

This is a major, MAJOR release.