This kernel is for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
You will NOT void your warranty after flashing this kernel. Be sure to make all necessary backups first before processing to installation. I'am not responsible of any damage caused to your device or data lost after flashing this kernel. Of course, these are only basic warnings ! but generally you'll not get any problem :)
Welcome to SimpleGX kernel ! a kernel that aims for simplicity, stability, better performance, smoothness and battery life over a pure stock kernel.
This kernel is designed for people who are (like me) bored to flash kernels which integrate tons of unneeded things.
Main goals of it is to stay MUCH closer to stock than every kernels shared here and almost not to be a “custom kernel” on its own. So beware, no exotic stuffs here !
No need for any third app or whatever to control this kernel. Just "flash-n-joy" ! this is how I always liked thing.
Keep in mind that this kernel has been designed for my daily use first.
I would like to personally thanks @Lord Boeffla for his precious help to build my first OP5 kernel ! without him, this kernel won’t be there ! so please consider it.
As always, I'm enjoying sharing my contribution here on XDA for free, which taking me a lot of (my free) time to test before releasing. So, if you can offer me a little beer, it will be really appreciated!
This kernel must be only flashed over an official OnePlus 5 OxygenOS (OOS) ROM !
Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me properly in your original thread. It's always appreciated.
★ WHAT TO EXPECT ★ :(over a pure stock kernel) :
- Better battery life
- Overall better performance
- Trying to include only efficient (but definitely no experimental) tweaks
- Stay as close as possible from pure stock source
★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :Base :
- Always directly based from latest available "android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998" Android 7.1.1 source from OxygenOS / OnePlus 5 (for clean work)
- Compiled with stock Google (4.9.x / aarch64-linux-android) toolchain (for best stability)
- Featuring Anykenel2 (for all ramdisk compatibility)
- Stock Linux 4.4.21
- USB fast charge support (disabled by default)
- Kernel logger disabled
- Disabled adaptive LowMemoryKiller
- Minimum backlight level control support (stock value by default)
- Wakelocks control support (all wakelocks disabled by default)
- Several fixes/optimizations patches for stock cpufreq_interactive governor
- MAPLE I/O scheduler added (and set as default)
- Completely optimized stock 'cfq' I/O scheduler
- Xbox controller (and other USB pads) support
- All TCP congestion control modules activated with Westwood currently as default
- Removed verify and forced encryption + patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
- Wlan module from official OOS source
- Some miscellaneous tweaks, fix, patches and security patches to improve overall smoothness and battery life experience
- Full changes to be discovered directly in my Github source below
Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :
- adding any other governor (than those stock)
- root/busybox auto-installation
- CPU/GPU overclocking/undervolting
- adreno idler
- any upgrade of Linux kernel
★ PREREQUISITE ★ :
- An unlocked Bootloader
- An Android Nougat firmware (based on OxygenOS)
- A custom recovery (TWRP recommanded), to flash the kernel
- Optional : to control some kernel tweaks, you can install Kernel Adiutor)
★ SOURCE (up-to-date) ★ :
★ INSTALLATION PROCEDURE ★ :
- Backup everything you need (internal & external)
- Unlock your bootloader
- Flash your favorite TWRP recovery (official or unofficial)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Wipe system/cache/dalvik partitions
- Flash your full usual ROM/firmware
- Flash SimpleGX kernel
- Flash root (Magisk or SuperSU)
- Reboot and enjoy !
★ FAQ ★ :
- How can I update my SimpleGX kernel version ?
Follow THESE steps.
- How can I go back to stock kernel ?
Just flash back your full usual rom back.
- Is there a LineageOS (LOS) version of you kernel ?
There was, but it has been discontinued. HERE is the old thread.
- How to recover excellent battery life ?
Check my personal tips HERE.
★ LATEST VERSION ★
★ ARCHIVES ★
/!\ CHECK MD5 BEFORE FLASHING IS ALWAYS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED /!\
/!\ PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOADS /!\
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread stars, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below). It's always appreciated to keep this thread maintained