FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SmartPack [Kernel] GCC 9.x for Oxygen OS [Oreo/Pie] [OP5/5T]

1,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,082

Post Reply Email Thread
/* Introduction */

Proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for OnePlus 5/5T (cheeseburger/dumpling) running stock (both Stable & Open Beta) Oxygen OS.
Please note: This is a close-to-stock kernel with very few yet useful features developed by various developers within this community (They deserve all the credits, please see the Acknowledgements). If you are looking for a more feature rich kernel with several tweaks and mods and also supports other custom ROMs, you might be disappointed.

The Kernel is unified to work on both OP5 devices. So, if you found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it

/* DISCLAIMER */
Code:
I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
I only own a OnePlus 5T (dumpling). So, my kernels are only tested on OnePlus 5T running the latest Oxygen OS (Stable & Open Beta).
Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.
/* Compatibility */

This kernel is only meant to work on stock Oxygen OS (Stable & Open Beta) and nothing else. However, it may work on other OOS based Oreo ROMs as well (Please try at your own risk).

/* How-to-install */

Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
ii. Flash Kernel
iii. Reboot and enjoy
/* How-to Auto-flash */

YouTube Video

/* Features */
  • Build from stock Oxygen OS source code
  • Latest Linux 4.4 subversion's and CAF tags fully merged
  • Built using latest (GCC 9.x) toolchain
  • Anykernel base for the best compatibility
  • Kernel tweaking app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel)
  • Wireguard support
  • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq boost, and Simple_LMK from Sultan's Pixel Kernel
  • CPU Freq Gov: Blu_active, Alucard, and Impulse
  • Adreno Boost for msm-adreno-tz (disabled by default)
  • IO schedulers: Maple, Fiops, Zen, Sio & SIOPlus
  • Enabled a bunch of advanced TCP congestion algorithms (default: Westwood)
  • Real-time charging status in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
  • Boeffla Sound to control Headphone, Earpiece (calls) and Microphone (calls)
  • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
  • USB charging rate bumped up to 900 mA (optional, disabled by default)
  • LED blink/fade control
  • Display Back-light (Min & Max) Control
  • K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module to control screen color, brightness and more
  • KCAL v2 advanced color control interface
  • Vibration Strength Control
  • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (but can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
  • FSync on/off support
  • CRC on/off support (disabled by default)
  • a lot more, please visit my GitHub page for more details...
/* Downloads */

https://smartpack.github.io/op5t/

/* Special note to ROM developers */

You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me (by either via PayPal, or by purchasing the donation app from playstore) as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

Telegram Group

/* Acknowledgements */

@Lord Boeffla
@Sultanxda
@eng.stk
@flar2
@franciscofranco
@arter97
@tanish2k09 for K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module.
@nathanchance
@ZaneZam
@osm0sis for AnyKernel project
@Grarak for Kernel Adiutor.
Feel free to raise your finger towards me, if I missed your name from this list...

XDA:DevDB Information
SmartPack-Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
sunilpaulmathew
Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-10-22
Last Updated 2019-05-15
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd October 2018, 03:50 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi (Current city: Pohang)

Donate to Me
More
Change-logs
Oxygen OS (Pie)

Oxygen OS (Oreo)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2018, 03:50 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Hi friends,
This kernel was released in the OP5T forum (xda page) for a while. Now, following the words of @shadowstep, here I'm starting a new page exclusively for the OP5 users although you guys are free to visit the other page as well.
Enjoy...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2018, 07:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,585

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilpaulmathew

Hi friends,
This kernel was released in the OP5T forum (xda page) for a while. Now, following the words of @shadowstep, here I'm starting a new page exclusively for the OP5 users although you guys are free to visit the other page as well.
Enjoy...

It's a good idea, good job

But for clarify, OP5 users can download "dumpling" tagged SmartPack? SmartPack is compatible with Both? You should rename your archives/pack with "OP5-5T" tag
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pho3nX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pho3nX Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 08:01 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nX

It's a good idea, good job

But for clarify, OP5 users can download "dumpling" tagged SmartPack? SmartPack is compatible with Both? You should rename your archives/pack with "OP5-5T" tag

Thanks.
Yes, the kernel's with "dumpling" tags should also work on "cheeseburger" as well since the code is already unified for both devices.
I already renamed many places to reflect the OP5 compatibility and will make the remaining changes in the future. Meantime, if you still found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it
I'll add this statement to OP as well...
Edit: added this statement to OP
The Kernel is unified to work on both OP5 devices. So, if you found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it
The Following User Says Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2018, 08:14 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilpaulmathew

Thanks.
Yes, the kernel's with "dumpling" tags should also work on "cheeseburger" as well since the code is already unified for both devices.
I already renamed many places to reflect the OP5 compatibility and will make the remaining changes in the future. Meantime, if you still found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it
I'll add this statement to OP as well...
Edit: added this statement to OP

LOL, i'm never worried

Before writing my previous reply i have flashed the lastest SmartPack Kernel for OOS Beta and i'm impressed by a lot of unique tweaks/features, especialy qualcomm tweaks and above all GPU gov

Feedback for the battery life will come soon, thx mate
The Following User Says Thank You to Pho3nX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pho3nX Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 08:27 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Great, and will wait for your feedback... By the way, plz make sure to use SmartPack-Kernel Manager for the best compatibility (link available in OP)
Quote:

LOL, i'm never worried

Before writing my previous reply i have flashed the lastest SmartPack Kernel for OOS Beta and i'm impressed by a lot of unique tweaks/features, especialy qualcomm tweaks and above all GPU gov

Feedback for the battery life will come soon, thx mate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2018, 10:41 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 5,154

Donate to Me
More
Added to the OnePlus 5 Index Thread here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 01:50 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstep

Added to the OnePlus 5 Index Thread here.

@shadowstep you are a vital ressource for OnePlus users... Come on man, i hope you will keep your OnePlus device for all of us lol

And i will take the OP6T
The Following User Says Thank You to Pho3nX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pho3nX Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 03:20 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 5,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@shadowstep you are a vital ressource for OnePlus users... Come on man, i hope you will keep your OnePlus device for all of us lol

And i will take the OP6T

Haha, I'll most probably be holding onto my OP5 for another year at least, so I'll be around here. Also, OP6T should be a decent buy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 07:48 PM |#11  
Flag Timișoara
Thanks Meter: 15

More
nice kernel, but that logo, wasn't it blue at the origin?
https://www.kde.org/

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to suviralu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suviralu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)