[EOL] SmartPack [Kernel] GCC 9.x for Oxygen OS [Oreo/Pie] [OP5/5T]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

/* Introduction */

Proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for OnePlus 5/5T (cheeseburger/dumpling) running stock (both Stable & Open Beta) Oxygen OS.
Please note: This is a close-to-stock kernel with very few yet useful features developed by various developers within this community (They deserve all the credits, please see the Acknowledgements). If you are looking for a more feature rich kernel with several tweaks and mods and also supports other custom ROMs, you might be disappointed.

The Kernel is unified to work on both OP5 devices. So, if you found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it ;)

pic001.png
/* DISCLAIMER */
Code:
I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
I only own a OnePlus 5T (dumpling). So, my kernels are only tested on OnePlus 5T running the latest Oxygen OS ([B]Stable [/B]& [B]Open Beta[/B]).
Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Compatibility */

This kernel is only meant to work on stock Oxygen OS (Stable & Open Beta) and nothing else. However, it may work on other OOS based Oreo ROMs as well (Please try at your own risk).

/* How-to-install */

Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
ii. Flash Kernel
iii. Reboot and enjoy​
/* How-to Auto-flash */

YouTube Video

/* Features */
  • Build from stock Oxygen OS source code
  • Latest Linux 4.4 subversion's and CAF tags fully merged
  • Built using latest (GCC 9.x) toolchain
  • Anykernel base for the best compatibility
  • Kernel tweaking app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel)
  • Wireguard support
  • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq boost, and Simple_LMK from Sultan's Pixel Kernel
  • CPU Freq Gov: Blu_active, Alucard, and Impulse
  • Adreno Boost for msm-adreno-tz (disabled by default)
  • IO schedulers: Maple, Fiops, Zen, Sio & SIOPlus
  • Enabled a bunch of advanced TCP congestion algorithms (default: Westwood)
  • Real-time charging status in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
  • Boeffla Sound to control Headphone, Earpiece (calls) and Microphone (calls)
  • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
  • USB charging rate bumped up to 900 mA (optional, disabled by default)
  • LED blink/fade control
  • Display Back-light (Min & Max) Control
  • K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module to control screen color, brightness and more
  • KCAL v2 advanced color control interface
  • Vibration Strength Control
  • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (but can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
  • FSync on/off support
  • CRC on/off support (disabled by default)
  • a lot more, please visit my GitHub page for more details...
/* Downloads */

https://smartpack.github.io/op5t/

/* Special note to ROM developers */

You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me (by either via PayPal, or by purchasing the donation app from playstore) as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

Telegram Group

/* Acknowledgements */

@Lord Boeffla
@Sultanxda
@eng.stk
@flar2
@franciscofranco
@arter97
@tanish2k09 for K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module.
@nathanchance
@ZaneZam
@osm0sis for AnyKernel project
@Grarak for Kernel Adiutor.
Feel free to raise your finger towards me, if I missed your name from this list...

XDA:DevDB Information
SmartPack-Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
sunilpaulmathew
Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-10-21
Last Updated 2019-10-26

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Hi friends,
This kernel was released in the OP5T forum (xda page) for a while. Now, following the words of @shadowstep, here I'm starting a new page exclusively for the OP5 users although you guys are free to visit the other page as well.
Enjoy...

It's a good idea, good job ;)

But for clarify, OP5 users can download "dumpling" tagged SmartPack? SmartPack is compatible with Both? You should rename your archives/pack with "OP5-5T" tag

Last edited:

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
It's a good idea, good job ;)

But for clarify, OP5 users can download "dumpling" tagged SmartPack? SmartPack is compatible with Both? You should rename your archives/pack with "OP5-5T" tag

Thanks.
Yes, the kernel's with "dumpling" tags should also work on "cheeseburger" as well since the code is already unified for both devices.
I already renamed many places to reflect the OP5 compatibility and will make the remaining changes in the future. Meantime, if you still found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it ;)
I'll add this statement to OP as well...
Edit: added this statement to OP
The Kernel is unified to work on both OP5 devices. So, if you found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pho3nX

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Thanks.
Yes, the kernel's with "dumpling" tags should also work on "cheeseburger" as well since the code is already unified for both devices.
I already renamed many places to reflect the OP5 compatibility and will make the remaining changes in the future. Meantime, if you still found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it ;)
I'll add this statement to OP as well...
Edit: added this statement to OP

LOL, i'm never worried ;)

Before writing my previous reply i have flashed the lastest SmartPack Kernel for OOS Beta and i'm impressed by a lot of unique tweaks/features, especialy qualcomm tweaks and above all GPU gov ;)

Feedback for the battery life will come soon, thx mate :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Great, and will wait for your feedback... By the way, plz make sure to use SmartPack-Kernel Manager for the best compatibility (link available in OP)
LOL, i'm never worried ;)

Before writing my previous reply i have flashed the lastest SmartPack Kernel for OOS Beta and i'm impressed by a lot of unique tweaks/features, especialy qualcomm tweaks and above all GPU gov ;)

Feedback for the battery life will come soon, thx mate :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Jole7 and Pho3nX

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
@shadowstep you are a vital ressource for OnePlus users... Come on man, i hope you will keep your OnePlus device for all of us lol :fingers-crossed::highfive:

And i will take the OP6T :p

Haha, I'll most probably be holding onto my OP5 for another year at least, so I'll be around here. ;) Also, OP6T should be a decent buy! :good:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Feedback on OOS Beta 20 >>>
- Using the lastest SmartPack Beta for Beta OS
- Using SmartPack Manager

Issue:
- Wi-Fi service is broken (don't purpose/list SSID)

Others:
- Tweaks & interface in SmartPack Manager are great (it's a Kernel Adiutor Modded)
- There some unique features
- Battery life seem to be good

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
nice kernel, but that logo, wasn't it blue at the origin? [emoji6]
https://www.kde.org/

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
You got it;)
Feedback on OOS Beta 20 >>>
- Using the lastest SmartPack Beta for Beta OS
- Using SmartPack Manager

Issue:
- Wi-Fi service is broken (don't purpose/list SSID)

Others:
- Tweaks & interface in SmartPack Manager are great (it's a Kernel Adiutor Modded)
- There some unique features
- Battery life seem to be good
Guys, my kernel fully depends on stock wifi Modules. Have you come from a custom kernel which uses a custom wifi Module? Are you using a different WiFi MOD (like a Magisk mode or something else).
I do remember a user in my Telegram group got the same issue, who is using Pixel mod wifi magisk module. He removed it and the issue is gone.
By the way, thanks a lot @Pho3nX for testing and feedbacks... really appreciated...
WiFi doesn't work on latest OB.

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
You got it;)

Guys, my kernel fully depends on stock wifi Modules. Have you come from a custom kernel which uses a custom wifi Module? Are you using a different WiFi MOD (like a Magisk mode or something else).
I do remember a user in my Telegram group got the same issue, who is using Pixel mod wifi magisk module. He removed it and the issue is gone.
By the way, thanks a lot @Pho3nX for testing and feedbacks... really appreciated...

Hi, nothing like that, just OOS Beta, my previous kernel was stock and i don't installed crapy apps like Pissel WiFi, Mod :D

I think simply it's not the same blobs between OP5 > OP5T Beta Roms

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Hey man, really appreciate your work for the OP5. FIY, I'm using OB20, latest smartpack version, and Pixel2Pie WiFi Mod and everything works alright!
That's really interesting. Just for a clarification, can you test wifi without the mentioned module? Anyway, thanks a lot for testing and nice words...

Reactions: Jole7 and Pires_7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

/* Introduction */

Proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for OnePlus 5/5T (cheeseburger/dumpling) running stock (both Stable & Open Beta) Oxygen OS.
    Please note: This is a close-to-stock kernel with very few yet useful features developed by various developers within this community (They deserve all the credits, please see the Acknowledgements). If you are looking for a more feature rich kernel with several tweaks and mods and also supports other custom ROMs, you might be disappointed.

pic001.png
    /* DISCLAIMER */
    Code:
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
    I only own a OnePlus 5T (dumpling). So, my kernels are only tested on OnePlus 5T running the latest Oxygen OS ([B]Stable [/B]& [B]Open Beta[/B]).
    Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Compatibility */

This kernel is only meant to work on stock Oxygen OS (Stable & Open Beta) and nothing else. However, it may work on other OOS based Oreo ROMs as well (Please try at your own risk).

/* How-to-install */

Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
    i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
    ii. Flash Kernel
    iii. Reboot and enjoy​
    /* How-to Auto-flash */

YouTube Video

/* Features */
    • Build from stock Oxygen OS source code
    • Latest Linux 4.4 subversion's and CAF tags fully merged
    • Built using latest (GCC 9.x) toolchain
    • Anykernel base for the best compatibility
    • Kernel tweaking app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel)
    • Wireguard support
    • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq boost, and Simple_LMK from Sultan's Pixel Kernel
    • CPU Freq Gov: Blu_active, Alucard, and Impulse
    • Adreno Boost for msm-adreno-tz (disabled by default)
    • IO schedulers: Maple, Fiops, Zen, Sio & SIOPlus
    • Enabled a bunch of advanced TCP congestion algorithms (default: Westwood)
    • Real-time charging status in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
    • Boeffla Sound to control Headphone, Earpiece (calls) and Microphone (calls)
    • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
    • USB charging rate bumped up to 900 mA (optional, disabled by default)
    • LED blink/fade control
    • Display Back-light (Min & Max) Control
    • K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module to control screen color, brightness and more
    • KCAL v2 advanced color control interface
    • Vibration Strength Control
    • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (but can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
    • FSync on/off support
    • CRC on/off support (disabled by default)
    • a lot more, please visit my GitHub page for more details...
    /* Downloads */

/* Special note to ROM developers */

You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me (by either via PayPal, or by purchasing the donation app from playstore) as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

Telegram Group

/* Acknowledgements */

@Lord Boeffla
    @Sultanxda
    @eng.stk
    @flar2
    @franciscofranco
    @arter97
    @tanish2k09 for K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module.
    @nathanchance
    @ZaneZam
    @osm0sis for AnyKernel project
    @Grarak for Kernel Adiutor.
    Feel free to raise your finger towards me, if I missed your name from this list...

XDA:DevDB Information
    SmartPack-Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    sunilpaulmathew
    Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-10-21
    Last Updated 2019-10-26
    SmartPack-Kernel beta-v17 for Android Pie

Changes:
    • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq Boost & Simple LMK: Merge updates from Wahoo (Credits: sultanxda).
    • staging: android: ion: upstream updates (Credits: nathanchance).
    • DIsabled fsync by default.
    • Minor miscellaneous changes, especially on kernel boot script.
    Again, only for Stock OOS Android Pie. You can Auto-flash the latest build from the latest version (v6.11) of SmartPack-Kernel Manager within a few clicks (Visit here for more info). Alternately, you may download and manually flash the latest version from the link provided below. Enjoy...

images

Christmas wishes to my dear friends in xda
    SmartPack-Kernel beta-v23

Changes:
    • Implement Dynamic SchedTune Boost on CPU Input Boost (credits: @joshuous)
    • Incorporating recent patches from osm0sis's AnyKernel2 repo (credits: @osm0sis).
    • Miscellaneous changes.
    Only for Stock OOS Android Pie. Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager within a few clicks or download and manually flash the from the link provided below. Enjoy...

Hi friends,
    This kernel was released in the OP5T forum (xda page) for a while. Now, following the words of @shadowstep, here I'm starting a new page exclusively for the OP5 users although you guys are free to visit the other page as well.
    Enjoy...