[KERNEL] [blu_spark r226 unified OP5/5T] [A10 unified]

Search This thread

mcduffie2010

Aug 8, 2012
Haarlem
Dunno, but my guess is you were implying that the user was prone to find troubles with the setup in question.
Which, by looking at the referenced ROM thread suggests otherwise.

You can play the nice guy today, but memory... Yeah, memory.
I'm implying nothing. Fact is the dev said many times he is not supporting xxx ( use search for that:laugh:)

I'm always a nice guy. My middle name is nice guy.

Sorry for being off topic.

Last edited:

Zatharalex

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Eng, I am using Omni Rom with your perfect kernel. Last build I noticed that nfc fix for LOS were made and of course nfc stopped work on Omni. Is there aby possibility to make Omni compatible build? I know that different nfc driver is used. Thank you.

Reactions: eng.stk

vector88

Jun 19, 2012
Wifi not working after update to latest blu_spark? It worked fine on r90. I have Oneplus 5, running on xXx 9.5 ROM (Oreo)

Chaplan

Jan 8, 2008
No Place
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a
I'm implying nothing. Fact is the dev said many times he is not supporting xxx ( use search for that:laugh:)

I'm always a nice guy. My middle name is nice guy.

Sorry for being off topic.
Given your recent history here and there you were implying it to the bone.
Fact is nobody supports squat when people go to modified ROMs based on OOS.
You should know that by now.
You are probably used to some who gill the pill quite often and a lot, but once you squeeze it a bit it all comes down to this.

Here on the other hand it's all stated in the OP, users know what's supported upfront.
A lot of unsupported setup users come to share their own setups, I am one for sure, currently on a custom AOSP based ROM paired with blu_spark, just because I can and pretty happy with it.

And to rule out any misunderstanding, we are talking about true bug reports when support comes to the equation. (Which is by history something very, very rare)
"Wi-fi doesn't work after flashing this kernel" (on top of another custom one) and all funky related stuff don't really apply for support.

Fact is xxx pairs really well with blu_spark kernel once users learn some basics.
Flashing it after reverting to stock kernel is all there is to it. No support needed for something so simple.

And I don't need to use search Mcdufie, I follow the thread on a daily basis. ?

mcduffie2010

Aug 8, 2012
Haarlem
You are probably used to some who gill the pill quite often and a lot, but once you squeeze it a bit it all comes down to this.

Here on the other hand it's all stated in the OP, users know what's supported upfront.
A lot of unsupported setup users come to share their own setups, I am one for sure, currently on a custom AOSP based ROM paired with blu_spark, just because I can and pretty happy with it.

And to rule out any misunderstanding, we are talking about true bug reports when support comes to the equation. (Which is by history something very, very rare)
"Wi-fi doesn't work after flashing this kernel" (on top of another custom one) and all funky related stuff don't really apply for support.

Fact is xxx pairs really well with blu_spark kernel once users learn some basics.
Flashing it after reverting to stock kernel is all there is to it. No support needed for something so simple.

Instead of writing this epistel you could have answered the two questions above...... More useful in my opinion. This is the last thing I'm saying about this because it's a waist of time and energy. Energy I can use for helping people with questions....

Chaplan

Jan 8, 2008
No Place
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a
Instead of writing this epistel you could have answered the two questions above...... More useful in my opinion. This is the last thing I'm saying about this because it's a waist of time and energy. Energy I can use for helping people with questions....
It's answered already, in case you haven't read the epistel to end. Users dirty flash the ROM with stock kernel and only after that flash blu_spark. :good:

You should definitely focus your energy to something better than trolling and badmouthing this project, it's developer, user base and new comers be it by posting here or on the xXx thread or PMing bashing users as you have done before.

This from my daily basis reading habits.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi Eng, I am using Omni Rom with your perfect kernel. Last build I noticed that nfc fix for LOS were made and of course nfc stopped work on Omni. Is there aby possibility to make Omni compatible build? I know that different nfc driver is used. Thank you.

Nope sorry, omni are the only ones using that I'm aware of, so I prefer to make it usable for the broader ROMs.
Since there's no way to make it work with both paths, you'll need to live with that.

Wifi not working after update to latest blu_spark? It worked fine on r90. I have Oneplus 5, running on xXx 9.5 ROM (Oreo)

This isn't a ROM support thread.
Wifi works fine, if you choose supported setups. Some people flash mods and go out of space in system partition making it header on install. Check that out.
Other than that you're on your own.

And let's keep the thread on topic.

Sent from my blu_spark'd OP5/5T

Zatharalex

Oct 7, 2017
Nope sorry, omni are the only ones using that I'm aware of, so I prefer to make it usable for the broader ROMs.
Since there's no way to make it work with both paths, you'll need to live with that.

Wifi works fine, if you choose supported setups. Some people flash mods and go out of space in system partition making it header on install. Check that out.

And let's keep the thread on topic.

Never mind ;) I am fully understanding to this. Thanks fir your awesome work and what you are doing for us.

tlf55

Mar 21, 2011
Hi, i can't pass safetynet on this kernel with stock OOS 5.0.1 .. with stock kernel i had no problem with safetynet ..

fanbogo

Mar 28, 2010
Manchester
OnePlus 8T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180128-211326.jpg
    Screenshot_20180128-211326.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 440
Reactions: tlf55 and Chaplan

vector88

Jun 19, 2012

I am writing it to this thread because wifi on my ROM stopped working just after me flashing new r93 kernel. So I don't know if it is fault of ROM or kernel, but it is definetely kernel related and caused by the r93 version. I can provide you some logs or something to investigate it if you want.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am writing it to this thread because wifi on my ROM stopped working just after me flashing new r93 kernel. So I don't know if it is fault of ROM or kernel, but it is definetely kernel related and caused by the r93 version. I can provide you some logs or something to investigate it if you want.
My ROM and no specifics about your setuo is too vague.
Follow install instructions on a supported setup and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Flint2 and Chaplan

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
False alarm.. I had to uninstall magisk and re-install it.. Don't know why it didn't work after flashing the kernel..
Install order is important, always.
A classic example is people flashing magisk over a patched boot.img, which sometimes restores a previous backup of whatever they were running previously, so wifi doesn't work because module doesn't match the kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlf55 and Chaplan

str8str

Apr 1, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Well sir I can definitely say I'm no noob at this and I know how to flash a kernel and Wi-Fi don't work for me either on oos last couple versions. Don't know if it's because I'm on our instead of 501 but it's not working.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well sir I can definitely say I'm no noob at this and I know how to flash a kernel and Wi-Fi don't work for me either on oos last couple versions. Don't know if it's because I'm on our instead of 501 but it's not working.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs
It's magic :)

I can assure you that there's nothing wrong kernel wise, wouldn't be released any other way.

All flashed with blu_twrp, on fbe encrypted data rooted setup with no other mods.
People use other tools, test stuff back and forth, use mods and a dirty system, etc that sometimes derp stuff and brings unwanted behaviors and then first thing is come here crying...
There's already 3 or 4 hints in latest couple pages for you to troubleshoot (none kernel related it's a fact), if all fails cleanflash and follow op directions.
For me it's a closed topic, let's move on.

Screenshot_20180129-014409.jpg
Screenshot_20180129-011707.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaplan

shuini

Dec 25, 2014
The best kernel!Perfectly compatible with OMNI 8.1.
Is there any idea of adding voltage control?

Last edited:

turbotorsten

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
It's magic :)

I can assure you that there's nothing wrong kernel wise, wouldn't be released any other way.

All flashed with blu_twrp, on fbe encrypted data rooted setup with no other mods.
People use other tools, test stuff back and forth, use mods and a dirty system, etc that sometimes derp stuff and brings unwanted behaviors and then first thing is come here crying...
There's already 3 or 4 hints in latest couple pages for you to troubleshoot (none kernel related it's a fact), if all fails cleanflash and follow op directions.
For me it's a closed topic, let's move on.
It's not a kernel problem, it's a problem with the Xxx and maybe other custom oos versions. People tend not to try out flashing on stock oos. Everything working here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-11.2 (cortex-a73.cortex-a53 targeted, build from gcc-11.1.0 snapshot with latest bleeding edge components)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP5 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
    • No OC, use 250HZ kernel timer frequency
    • msm_performance input boost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Removed verify and doesn't force encryption, patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available for ROMs with no thermal daemon)
    • Disabled hotplug, also on low battery levels (CTL and BCL)
    • Optimized crypto routines
    • ZRAM Swap (LZ4) and adaptive LMK on by default
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 180MHz)
    • adrenoboost enabled by default at low level
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • zx2c4's wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: oos | custom
    Extras download location
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

OnePlus 5 development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Adam K. for being such a supportive person.

Contributors
    eng.stk
    Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op5
    blu_spark r8

All right crew!

First build of your favorite kernel is up. Wicked!

Just got an OP5 developer unit yesterday from Oneplus, so today you already have a fully featured blu_spark build.
    Most of the features you are used to from blu_spark on OP3/3T and others are in, this first build was compiled with Linaro GCC 5.4 (blu_naro 7.1 build still need some work).
    Pretty happy with the stable and smooth base, next weeks will bring more of the usual goodies, there's still lot's of room for improvements :fingers-crossed:

blu_spark_r8-oos_op5_49e4692.zip

• First public build (check OP and github for details)

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or OB.
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Custom build isn't compatible with EAS stuff.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

pp-acceptance-small.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)
    blu_spark extras v9.110

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.3.1+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff (you need Pie fw also) and A10 custom ROMs will work also (OMNI tested)
    TWRP blu_spark edition is unified, works for both OP5/5T.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    This build is treble ready, allowing /vendor partition operations. If you don't use treble enabled ROMs, ignore any vendor errors that may appear, TWRP will work just fine.

twrp-3.3.1-x_blu_spark_v9.110_treble-op5_op5t

• build: TWRP 3.31-x | blu_spark v9.110
    • Supports Android 10
    • /sbin should come first in the linker search path
    • Move decryption error from logerror to loginfo
    • Encryption: don't try wrapped key if not needed
    • Removing fake error: E: recv error on uevent
    • bootable: read all asserts in case there are more than one.
    • Prevent errors caused by /data/per_boot/
    • crypto: add some missing newlines
    • Complete overhaul of Dutch translation:
    • recovery: wipe bootloader message from index 0 when using custom offsets
    • android-5.1: use char constructor for default on c++ streams
    • recovery: Move bldrmsg offset symbols to bootloader_message.cpp
    • Encryption: try wrapped key also for device without metadata support
    • ldconfig: add /sbin to search.paths
    • Device specific changes here

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r30

All right crew!

New build is up :highfive:
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v43 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

This build features latest blu goodies and new wakelock blocker interface by boeffla, build with latest blu_naro-7.2 :good:
    With the new wakelock block system you can add any wakelock source you want, works like this: you can edit /sys/class/misc/boeffla_wakelock_blocker/wakelock_blocker and add the wakelock name in there to block it (list separated by ';')
    If you want to survive reboots, you can use a script (check the attached example inside the zip). Just copy your script to /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d or /su/su.d, depending on root option you use ( don't forget to set the file permission 777)
    You can get more info about it here. Because this is powerful and can bring potentially derps if you choose to block unknown stuff, I will give no support if you choose to use any wl blocking (which I didn't before anyway).

blu_spark_r30-oos_op5_28565f7.zip
    blu_spark_r30-custom_op5_28aae04.zip

• build: use newest and improved blu_naro-7.2, build from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.09, with updated components and improvements/fixes
    • blu_active: handle error for module load fail
    • defconfig: enable boeffla wakelock blocker
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: add generic wakelock blocker driver v1.0.0, update to wakelock blocker driver v1.0.1, update to wakelock blocker driver v1.1.0
    • boeffla_wl_blocker: don't block wakelocks by default
    • Revert singular wakelock block
    • Revert su expose workarounds
    • DASH: spoof normal usb fastcharge into android-7.1 (custom only)

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

pp-acceptance-small.png

Merry Christmas for all the blu_crew :highfive: