By shane87, Senior Member on 21st January 2020, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

[ROM][AOKP 9/PIE][cheeseburger] AOKP Pie for OnePlus 5

Code:
*** Disclaimer***
Your warranty is now void!
I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
YOU are choosing to install it!
If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!
Introduction
WE ARE LIVE!!
AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP/LineageOS with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!

Features
Quote:

• Android 9 Pie
  • OMS/Substratum Support - Theming baked right in
  • SU baked in - No need for SuperSU/Magisk (Unless you want them!)
  • Custom animations
  • Customizable AOKP logo in status bar
  • So many other features, explore and find them on your own!
  • ROMControl App - A centralized place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical unicorn Bytes!!

Known Issues
Quote:

• Pixel Launcher crashes constantly if you try to use it. This is an upstream issue, Lineage-16.0 has the same issue.
  • You tell me! I have limited testing time, so the more reports I get the better. Please see below for proper issue reporting!

Proper Issue Reporting
Quote:

• Make sure you are seeing the issue on a CLEAN install! If the problem pops up after a dirty flash, wipe data/factory reset and see if it still happens before reporting it
  • Make sure you have not flashed anything extra, such as 3rd party kernels, SuperSU, Magisk, Xposed, etc. These extra packages can cause their own issues. As above, try a full wipe and then only flash the ROM package and Gapps package, and see if the issue persists before reporting
  • In your report please include the following:
    • Issue you are seeing, and how to recreate it
    • Logcat/kmesg from right after the issue if possible
    • Build date of ROM you are running
    • Gapps package you have installed

Installation instructions
Quote:

• Ensure you have the proper firmware installed (9.0.9)
  • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
  • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

Download
Quote:

Official AOKP download page:
AOKP cheeseburger files

Source:
AOKP Source
Kernel source

Changelog
Initial Official release.

Thanks To/Credits
  • TeamKang
  • tdm
  • LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
Pie Android Open Kang Project for OnePlus 5 [cheeseburger], ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
shane87
Source Code: http://aokp.co/source/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, TWRP 3.2.3 or later by codeworkx (Other TWRP versions not tested!!), Firmware package from OOS 9.0.9
Based On: LineageOS, CyanogenMod, OmniRom, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-20
Last Updated 2020-01-24
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shane87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shane87 Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 03:39 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY
Thanks Meter: 897

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
21st January 2020, 03:39 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
22nd January 2020, 11:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY

Donate to Me
More
Builds are LIVE!!
Hey guys, AOKP Pie is OFFICIAL! Download links are in the OP, and I am including them below.

http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=cheeseburger
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shane87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shane87 Ad-Free
22nd January 2020, 05:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
This ROM doesn't officially support signature spoofing/microg?
22nd January 2020, 06:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemetti2

This ROM doesn't officially support signature spoofing/microg?

No. AOKP has never officially supported signature spoofing/microg. We did discuss it in the past, but we decided not to, due to the security concerns of allowing signature spoofing.
22nd January 2020, 08:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Does this rom has a working googlepay support?

I have been on stock oxygen OS roms for too long and i am thinking about a change.

EDIT: it is working. Had to make sure that safetynet is passed and using hidemagisk on google products
22nd January 2020, 08:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,752

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane87

No. AOKP has never officially supported signature spoofing/microg. We did discuss it in the past, but we decided not to, due to the security concerns of allowing signature spoofing.

May I ask what kind of security concerns? AFAIK the signature spoofing permission needs to be explicitly granted on a per-app basis OR the spoofing app needs to be installed in /system.

For the first point, you would have to be a special kind of retard to just grant any app that permission.

And as for the second point, you would either have to have a ROM that already has a malicious app installed in /system in the first place, or you would have to explicitly install an app in /system through a flashable zip, TWRP file manager or Magisk. And for that you would have to have user interaction and know what you are doing.

So it basically all boils down to the user being the biggest security concern.

@Pokemetti2 you can try patching it either with NanoDroid patcher (if AOKP is deodexed, I don't know) or patch it manually using one of many methods such as haystack, tingle or others. Just look at the NanoDroid documentation.
23rd January 2020, 12:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n0x

May I ask what kind of security concerns? AFAIK the signature spoofing permission needs to be explicitly granted on a per-app basis OR the spoofing app needs to be installed in /system.

For the first point, you would have to be a special kind of retard to just grant any app that permission.

And as for the second point, you would either have to have a ROM that already has a malicious app installed in /system in the first place, or you would have to explicitly install an app in /system through a flashable zip, TWRP file manager or Magisk. And for that you would have to have user interaction and know what you are doing.

So it basically all boils down to the user being the biggest security concern.

@Pokemetti2 you can try patching it either with NanoDroid patcher (if AOKP is deodexed, I don't know) or patch it manually using one of many methods such as haystack, tingle or others. Just look at the NanoDroid documentation.

Yes, that is the case. However, with a rooted device, it would not be difficult for a malicious app to gain root access, then install itself into system, where it would then have access to the signature spoofing. Also, not everyone pays attention to the prompts that pop up on their phone, nor do they understand the ramifications of granting permissions, so it also wouldn't be difficult for a malicious app to gain permission for spoofing. Especially if the app has been granted permission to draw over other apps. It could actually hide the permission request under an innocuous sounding request.

;TLDR
Team Kang made the decision not to include signature spoofing/microg support. If you want to use NanoDroid patcher, or build your own unofficial AOKP with microg support, you are more than welcome to. But we will not be adding microg support officially.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shane87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shane87 Ad-Free
23rd January 2020, 06:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane87

Yes, that is the case. However, with a rooted device, it would not be difficult for a malicious app to gain root access, then install itself into system, where it would then have access to the signature spoofing. Also, not everyone pays attention to the prompts that pop up on their phone, nor do they understand the ramifications of granting permissions, so it also wouldn't be difficult for a malicious app to gain permission for spoofing. Especially if the app has been granted permission to draw over other apps. It could actually hide the permission request under an innocuous sounding request.

;TLDR
Team Kang made the decision not to include signature spoofing/microg support. If you want to use NanoDroid patcher, or build your own unofficial AOKP with microg support, you are more than welcome to. But we will not be adding microg support officially.

That's fine by me, just wanted to know whether I had to flash NanoDroid Patcher.
25th January 2020, 02:32 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY

Donate to Me
More
Update to OP
Hey guys, I just wanted to point out that I made a small update to the OP. I included a notice of the required firmware package from OOS that this ROM needs. Currently that is 9.0.9. We ran into an issue over on 5T, and it likely had to do with incorrect firmware on the phone. I forget that not everyone pours over gerrit as much as I do, so they don't see the required firmware commits.

I will update the OP, and post an announcement, any time that we update the firmware base required.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shane87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shane87 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)