[10.0][OFFICIAL][EOL] LineageOS 17.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 7280252

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
- Official instructions
- In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
- Download update from Updater app
- Install update

DOWNLOADS:
LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
Google Apps: OpenGAPPS
Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

CONTRIBUTORS
T1mb3, codeworkx

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
LineageOS source code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Device tree: android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger, android_device_oneplus_dumpling, android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
Kernel: android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 10
Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
Required firmware: OOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4628078

That's great news. Is this build will succeed in saftynet test?

D

Deleted member 4628078

Nobody cares about safetynet. If you want it to work properly, use stock ROM on a locked bootloader.

All my other custom roms are just working fine with SafteNet passing. So it would be great to see this in LineageOS working.

D

Deleted member 7280252

Would be great if someone could verify that VoLTE, Wifi display, some NFC features work, as I don't have these available.
Thanks!

card13

@T1mb3 I tested the VoLTE on T-Mobile USA, a test call in and call out worked, still get the chipmunck on inbound calls (I've lived with that glitch so long that it's not an issue for me). WiFi Display worked fine to my TV. I don't have any way to test NFC.

One thing that did happen error wise, this is with clean install, I went into Dev Options and enabled "Show background ANRs" like I normally do. Once enabled I kept getting "SecureElemantApplication isn't responding" every minute or two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4628078

Would be great if someone could verify that VoLTE, Wifi display, some NFC features work, as I don't have these available.
Thanks!
I can test nfc capability in the weekend. I have some NFC tags here so I can test writing and Reading of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4628078

@T1mb3 I just tested the NFC chip. The chip is working just fine. I tried writing, read and format a couple of tags and did not got any error or instability.

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 7280252
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: OpenGAPPS
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

CONTRIBUTORS
    T1mb3, codeworkx

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree: android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger, android_device_oneplus_dumpling, android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel: android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 10
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    D
    Deleted member 7280252
    LineageOS 18.1 is now official, 17.1 will not be updated anymore.
    See thread for 18.1: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-0-official-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-5-5t.4173997/
    D
    Deleted member 7280252
    Next weeks update fixes offline charging(y)
    D
    Deleted member 7280252
    Next update fixes VoWIFI, thanks for all who helped fixing it(y)
    D
    Deleted member 7280252
    i just encountered two phone freezes in like half an hour and one yesterday.. yesterday was weird(er), i was watching some videos in youtube vanced, when suddenly the sound stuck at one very unpleasant tone, after few second screen turned black, notification diode went from off to white/very light purple..
    cant tell much about first today, but second happened when i was typing reply to other thread on xda (in chrome) when all of sudden screen went black and diode start to glow in white/very light purple..
    the only solution (since it happens when i dont have pc with adb nearby) i was able to find was to press power button to "hard power off"..
    did anyone came across similar issue, or are these freezes signs, that my op5 is going to "silicon heaven"?
    and one question, is there a way to get the log after freeze and hard reboot?

We have two 5T's, both running this ROM and both have experienced a couple freezes in the past week. No idea why, one was in the middle of browsing with Fennec, the other while closing NewPipe. The only way out was to press the power button long enough for the device to reboot. Then all was fine again.

This issue will be fixed soon.