Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [AOSP-PIE] [ArrowOS- OFFICIAL] [OnePlus5]

364 posts
Thanks Meter: 727

By bauuuuu, Senior Member on 22nd October 2018, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.

Telegram: Channel | Group
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact

To apply for maintainership Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

INSTRUCTIONS
Make sure encryption is removed & on latest Stable firmware
Clean Flash
  1. Download The ROM & GApps
  2. Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
  3. Flash ROM + GApps
  4. Install no-verityv3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/arrow-os/files/Extras/
  5. Reboot & Enjoy

Do visit our blog for changelog and other information https://blog.arrowos.net/

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM
Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Source Code
Device /Kernel Sources:

Special thanks to
mTresk
LineageOS
Dirty Unicorns
Omnirom
scoute-dich
Tibor Kaputa
And all other Open Source - Developers,Teams and Organisations
DM if we missed someone - you can always look at GitHub to find more contributors!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bauuuuu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bauuuuu Ad-Free

22nd October 2018, 09:24 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to bauuuuu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bauuuuu Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 09:25 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi , India
Thanks Meter: 3,279

More
reserved
22nd October 2018, 09:31 AM |#4  
Flag navi mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Im gonna try rooted one, thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
22nd October 2018, 10:40 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 5,183

Donate to Me
More
Added to the OnePlus 5 Index Thread here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 11:36 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,029

More
@bauuuuu

Thanks for providing this interesting ROM.

I have a question. I am surprised that the installation instructions for ArrowOS are really that simple. When reading other Pie ROM threads here on XDA, most installation instructions have some kind of "flash this or that firmware" and/or "ensure to have run OxygenOS OB xyz at leat once", which isn't the case here.
For example, I am currently running Dirty Unicorns (Android Oreo 8.1.0), my OP5 is decrypted as DU doesn't support encryption (thus, no no-verity file is needed after flashing DU). So to switch from DU to ArrowOS, I only have to remove custom pin or fingerprint for device unlock, boot into recovery, make a backup (just in case, you know), perform a complete wipe excluding internal storage, flash Rom&GApps&Magisk and that's it?
22nd October 2018, 11:45 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

@bauuuuu

Thanks for providing this interesting ROM.

I have a question. I am surprised that the installation instructions for ArrowOS are really that simple. When reading other Pie ROM threads here on XDA, most installation instructions have some kind of "flash this or that firmware" and/or "ensure to have run OxygenOS OB xyz at leat once", which isn't the case here.
For example, I am currently running Dirty Unicorns (Android Oreo 8.1.0), my OP5 is decrypted as DU doesn't support encryption (thus, no no-verity file is needed after flashing DU). So to switch from DU to ArrowOS, I only have to remove custom pin or fingerprint for device unlock, boot into recovery, make a backup (just in case, you know), perform a complete wipe excluding internal storage, flash Rom&GApps&Magisk and that's it?

Frankly speaking this is quite understood when one installs a custom rom, one must be on latest stable firmware.
if that is confusing i just edited post to include those lines. Moreover if you ask me, i haven't installed any other rom, but just unlocking boot-loader, one full wipe of everything, install arrowos. works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to bauuuuu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bauuuuu Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 11:53 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,029

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauuuuu

Frankly speaking this is quite understood when one installs a custom rom, one must be on latest stable firmware.
if that is confusing i just edited post to include those lines. Moreover if you ask me, i haven't installed any other rom, but just unlocking boot-loader, one full wipe of everything, install arrowos. works fine.

Yeah, that was why I was confused. Advanced users here on XDA might know about this, but people who haven't flashed a custom ROM before might get into issues with this. If you would update your installation instructions, it would help avoiding lots of issue reports in this thread here.

From what I understood, ArrowOS is decrypted by default and doesn't require the no-verity file to be flashed, correct? So no need to format data partition before flashing ArrowOS? Because when you said that you have just unlocked your device's bootloader, wiped everything and flashed ArrowOS, I would say that your device is still encrypted. Just to avoid confusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 12:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
Firmware ? OB 19, 20, 514, 515 ? Thanks
22nd October 2018, 12:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

If you would update your installation instructions, it would help avoiding lots of issue reports in this thread here..

Done, thanks for the heads up
22nd October 2018, 12:05 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieu40

Hello
Firmware ? OB 19, 20, 514, 515 ? Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)