It can be used without the need to have a Google application installed.
LineageOS still contains various hardware-specific code that is slowly becoming open source anyway.
Your changelog is what was merged into Gerrit.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in LineageOS.Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH MICROG
- Make sure your phone has OxygenOS 5.1.4 running at least once.
- Remove user-defined encryption pins and passwords, otherwise the decryption will fail!
- Upgrade to the latest available official firmware
- Upgrade to the latest available TWRP version
- Download the LineageOS with microg-Zip file(s) Magisk or addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip root (see Downloads)
- Copy all the files to the internal sdcard.
- Boot into TWRP.
- Make a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't do it!
- Flasht LineageOS with microg (Magisk or addonsu Optional)
What doesn't work
Nothing I know of
Do not publish bug reports without specifying logs (logcats) or steps to reproduce the bug.
!!! OTA-update is set up like in all my Roms !!!
Updates can be downloaded and installed via lineageos_updates on your mobile phone.
if it should not be possible to install the update automatically or you want to install it manually, proceed as follows,
(Selects in twrp) install/selects memory/internal memory/parent folder/data/lineageos_updates.
chooses the build and installs it and everything else you want to install and restarts after that.
for addonsu user:
to activate root navigate to Settings / scroll down over phone tap build number 7 times,
goes back to a screams back then on system/extension on developer pions and scrolls to root access and activates it.
to be able to boot from the power key to recovery on long press, it simply activates it in the developer pions under Extended Restart.
TWRP: TWRP by codeworkx or Official
Support for german users
Learn more about LineageOS for microG here:
[ROM]UNOFFICIAL[CHEESEBURGER][9.0] LINEAGEOS 16.0 WITH MICROG, ROM for the OnePlus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 2019-06-25
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-18
Last Updated 2019-09-19