FORUMS

OnePlus Five Touch latency

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
One of the only problems with the 1 + 3t was the touchscreen latency as explained in this excellent article https://www.xda-developers.com/users...-oneplus-3-3t/) explaining Touchscreen lag problems on the OnePlus 3T. i felt the same while playing with my friend's phone but could not properly articulate what the problem was.

Oneplus claims to have fixed this problem (See:- https://www.neowin.net/news/oneplus-...n-the-3-and-3t).

Can someone comment on whether this issue has been fixed on the Oneplus 5 ?

Many Thanks,
Abhishek
21st June 2017, 05:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
See the official lunch stream, it's covered in detail what they did (process, not tech info in depth).

Sent from my NEM-L21 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to TwinAdk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TwinAdk Ad-Free
21st June 2017, 07:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
A french review says that it's about 88 ms. So yes, it's a medium value.

Source : http://www.lesnumeriques.com/telepho...8963/test.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Biou_Pilgrim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Biou_Pilgrim Ad-Free
21st June 2017, 07:31 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Thanks, yes i see that they claim to have improved the input lag. Was wondering if any of the external reviewers can verify the claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAdk

See the official lunch stream, it's covered in detail what they did (process, not tech info in depth).

Sent from my NEM-L21 using XDA Labs

21st June 2017, 07:37 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Super Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for.
IMHO 88 ms seems quite poor given the tall claims of having worked extensively on this.

I wonder why none of the reviewers has spoken about this, its an absolute buzzkill if you're used to a lower lag device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biou_Pilgrim

A french review says that it's about 88 ms. So yes, it's a medium value.

Source : http://www.lesnumeriques.com/telepho...8963/test.html

22nd June 2017, 07:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Anyone have an idea of the latency of op3/t after ~ beta 14. The latency a after that is greatly reduced. Would be Interesting to compare the 5 to 3 with updated, beta firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to endallas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift endallas Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 11:53 AM |#7  
Flag Bolzano/Bozen
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Did you really notice any latency? I never did really on my 1+3 and Im usually very sensitive to this kind of problems or low fps..
22nd June 2017, 12:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,884

More
Touch latency issue is already fixed on latest beta's for OP3/3T
22nd June 2017, 04:45 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Very very disappointed. A friend says he's played with one and it is an issue. Not to the extent to which it was with early oxygen os but to the level of new betas but still noticeable. Hope it isn't true.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saad Ali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saad Ali Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 05:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz92

Did you really notice any latency? I never did really on my 1+3 and Im usually very sensitive to this kind of problems or low fps..

Touch latency is not about fps.

Op3 on latest beta is OK but I would like to see better performance from 5 to spend my money
22nd June 2017, 05:21 PM |#11  
Flag Bolzano/Bozen
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endallas

Touch latency is not about fps.

Op3 on latest beta is OK but I would like to see better performance from 5 to spend my money

I know that. I wanted only make clear that Im sensitive to similar types of issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiz92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tiz92 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)