FORUMS

Oxygen 5.0.1 ruined Screen Casting for me, how can I fix it?

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Ashido, Member on 19th January 2018, 02:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ever since the Oxygen 5.0.1 update, anytime I use my OP5 to stream to my smart TV via screen mirroring, the video feed lags behind on the TV and gets pixelated at some points, however on the OP5 itself you can see the video without any hitches even when it's streaming. It's gotten so annoying that last night when it kept freezing, my girlfriend and I just said screw it and started watching the movie directly on the smaller device.

I've wiped my cache via recovery(the option that doesn't get rid of your personal info), I've closed all recent apps before streaming, the only thing that changed on the phone was the update. What can I do to make screen mirror useful again? It feels like I'm watching x265 encoded files on a nonsupported device.
6th February 2018, 06:56 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag New York City

More
Please, I can't continue to go on without having this issue resolved. I haven't received a reply from here, Reddit, or the OnePlus forums. It's getting highly frustrating, and I refuse to buy an additional device (ChromeCast) when at this point 24 days ago I didn't need one to get the job done.
6th February 2018, 11:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashido

Please, I can't continue to go on without having this issue resolved. I haven't received a reply from here, Reddit, or the OnePlus forums. It's getting highly frustrating, and I refuse to buy an additional device (ChromeCast) when at this point 24 days ago I didn't need one to get the job done.

No problems here. Dirty or clean flash? If clean, try ob5, much better and stable than 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, in my opinion
6th February 2018, 11:29 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago A

No problems here. Dirty or clean flash? If clean, try ob5, much better and stable than 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, in my opinion

I did a OTA update from the latest Nougat version OnePlus released. After updating and finding the issue I wiped my cache in recovery.

I'm purely stock so far and refuse to update again in fear that I may lose/break another feature I use daily.
6th February 2018, 11:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:

I did a OTA update from the latest Nougat version OnePlus released. After updating and finding the issue I wiped my cache in recovery.

I'm purely stock so far and refuse to update again in fear that I may lose/break another feature I use daily.

Install ob5. Im using it and my problems with bluetooth gone. Download it from oneplus.net, put it on your cellphone internal storage and install! I recommend you to do a wipe system before do that.
7th February 2018, 10:24 AM |#6  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ever since the Oxygen 5.0.1 update, anytime I use my OP5 to stream to my smart TV via screen mirroring, the video feed lags behind on the TV and gets pixelated at some points, however on the OP5 itself you can see the video without any hitches even when it's streaming. It's gotten so annoying that last night when it kept freezing, my girlfriend and I just said screw it and started watching the movie directly on the smaller device.

I've wiped my cache via recovery(the option that doesn't get rid of your personal info), I've closed all recent apps before streaming, the only thing that changed on the phone was the update. What can I do to make screen mirror useful again? It feels like I'm watching x265 encoded files on a nonsupported device.

Check out my thread in themes and apps about Displaylink, wired but perfect mirroring good enough for gaming.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
screencasting, screenmirroring, streaming, wifi direct

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)