FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 4.5.8 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 5

2,021 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,400

By Funk Wizard, Recognized Contributor on 25th June 2017, 01:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

We are pushing out the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 4.5.7 OTA for the OnePlus 5. Here are some of the highlights of this build:

New additions:
Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
Added EIS for 4k video recording

Updates:
Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
Updated to latest GMS package

Optimizations:
Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
Standby battery enhancements

Bug Fixes:
Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
Fixed occasional stutters when playing games

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 5, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy!

Never Settle

Join my Telegram Group to Stay Updated with the Latest
https://telegram.me/OnePlusHub
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free

25th June 2017, 01:44 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Downloads:

OOS 4.5.8 Full Zip: Official | G-Drive
MD5: 9b5979dd8a9eb1f945f965a9f98a7080
SHA-1: 87e38df80b592732b989c29f61eb99db64de6c98

Incremental OTA 4.5.7 To 4.5.8 | G-Drive
MD5: ff33a3328fea246eb9fce83993a2076f
SHA-1: 2a8f23d06a5285364f41e06e6b1303147a04cfba

Previous ROM Version:

OOS 4.5.6 Full Zip | Official

OOS 4.5.5 - 4.5.6 OTA | G-Drive

OOS 4.5.5 Full Zip | Official | Mirror

Official TWRP | Unofficial TWRP Credits @katinatez

Magisk Or SuperSU

Stock Recovery: Official | G-Drive

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a Full Zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
25th June 2017, 01:47 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Update instructions:

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below:

PS: Dirty flash is fine if you are running a previous OOS version or any Rom based on OOS, else if you come from a custom rom Clean Flash is recommended.

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.

2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File

3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now

4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA

5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 5 is now running on the latest OxygenOS 4.5.8 firmware & OS based on 7.1.1 Nougat.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.
* After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
* If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.5GB zip.
* Download that and follow the same process as above.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Download the required files from Post 2

Once you have downloaded all the required files on you device, please follow as below

1. Update TWRP to the latest stable release from the link posted

2. Reboot Recovery and Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM just in case you need it

3. Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe

4. Install Menu > Select OOS 4.5.8 Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash

5. Flash the provided Magisk Or SuperSU to maintain root (Optional)

6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache

7. Reboot System

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 5 is now running on the latest OxygenOS 4.5.8 firmware & OS based on 7.1.1 Nougat.

The first boot may take some time as the system would boot twice due to flash of Supersu so keep calm

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
25th June 2017, 01:54 PM |#4  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 689

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

Reserved for Downloads

Uploading the zip...

Hey buddy,

Appreciate you're busy with this and there will be installation instructions as well but was wondering if this will be flashable over 4.5.1 stock ROM witu ElementalX kernel installed or if we will have to revert back to full stock and update that way?

Sorry, first time one OnePlus and each manufacturer / ROM scene has a slightly different way of approaching things.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs
25th June 2017, 01:57 PM |#5  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Just got my OTA update ^^
25th June 2017, 02:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Me too. No noticeable differences I can see, e.g. my 5Ghz WLAN ist still 3 times slower than my 2.4GHz one.
25th June 2017, 02:10 PM |#7  
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav101

Hey buddy,

Appreciate you're busy with this and there will be installation instructions as well but was wondering if this will be flashable over 4.5.1 stock ROM witu ElementalX kernel installed or if we will have to revert back to full stock and update that way?

Sorry, first time one OnePlus and each manufacturer / ROM scene has a slightly different way of approaching things.

Hey buddy, it will be a flashable zip, i am trying to upload full zip which will be a TWRP flashable zip as i am also a rooted user. You don't need to go back to stock as it will be a dirty flash

All you do is download the full zip
Reboot to TWRP
Wipe Dalvik & Cache
Flash the Full Zip
Flash Magisk or SuperSU for root
Flash Kernel (Optional)
Reboot System

You would have a working 4.5.2 OS running again with TWRP and EX
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
25th June 2017, 02:14 PM |#8  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 689

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

Hey buddy, it will be a flashable zip, i am trying to upload full zip which will be a TWRP flashable zip as i am also a rooted user. You don't need to go back to stock as it will be a dirty flash

All you do is download the full zip
Reboot to TWRP
Wipe Dalvik & Cache
Flash the Full Zip
Flash Magisk or SuperSU for root
Flash Kernel (Optional)
Reboot System

You would have a working 4.5.2 OS running again with TWRP and EX

Awesome,

Not new to flashing but always great to have a guide on a new device. I always try and read twice before flashing once. And back up always, especially in the early days of a device.

Quick question though: would you not need to flash kernel (optional) before root because wouldn't the root zip modify boot.img?

25th June 2017, 02:20 PM |#9  
Flag PreŇ°ov
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Please fix the jitter stutter lag while scrolling
25th June 2017, 02:20 PM |#10  
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav101

Awesome,

Not new to flashing but always great to have a guide on a new device. I always try and read twice before flashing once. And back up always, especially in the early days of a device.

Quick question though: would you not need to flash kernel (optional) before root because wouldn't the root zip modify boot.img?

Ideally you are right but this is what i generally follow and it has worked for me.
If you don't mind an extra reboot i recommend just dirty flash the rom and Magisk first and boot into OS, there on you can reboot into recovery and flash the kernel.

Flashing kernel before Magisk gave me problems in the past on the 3T when i used bluspark , as this is the new device and only EX is out yet, please check with @flar2 if he recommends flashing the kernel before the root or after.

If anything goes wrong now we have the full zip so dirty flash and all fine
25th June 2017, 02:27 PM |#11  
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 2,299

More
I wouldn't flash the kernel after this update cos EX will most likely come out with a newer version reflecting the new source. Just noticed this thread, I'm actually uploading the 4.5.2 full zip myself lol, just to help people who get into trouble rooting/TWRP'ing/etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsubterrain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djsubterrain Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)