FORUMS

[Easiest Method] Tutorial to Unlock Bootloader | Install Twrp | Root | Decrypt Data

980 posts
Thanks Meter: 604

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All ,

Steps To Unlock Bootloader
1. At First, open About phone on setting menu , then tap 4 times on Build Number. Now Developer Mode is enabled.
2. Open developer Mode menu and set oem unlock and usb debugging to ON. [Important Step]
3. Download and Extract the zip file which you have downloaded from the link given below.
4. Now enter into fastboot mode :

Press volume + power button and then phone will boot into fastboot interface.

5. Now connect the phone to computer and then open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here)
Now type:

Code:
 fastboot devices
The list of devices connected will be displayed.
Then enter the command :
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
6. Now you will see a Unlock Bootloader Warning page. Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit Power Button to confirm the selection.
7. Thats it . Now your Bootloader is unlocked.

Steps To Install TWRP Recovery
1. After you have successfully unlocked the bootloader, now enter into the fastboot mode and connect the phone to pc.
2. Now navigate to the folder where you have extracted the downloaded zip file and open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here)
Now type:
Code:
 fastboot devices
3. The list of devices connected will be displayed.
4. Then enter the command :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-oneplus5.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash recovery (name of the twrp file).img
5. When the file is flashed successfully , unplug your phone from pc and manually boot the phone into recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down button.
6. Now the TWRP Recovery will be opened .

For the Users who face Max download error while flashing Twrp, Kindly check the post here

Steps To Disable Forced Encryption i.e, Decrypt Data
1. At first time when you open twrp, it will ask you to allow system modification.
2. Allow it and then flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file .
3. Then Go to Wipe-->Format Data.
4. Type Yes to confirm wiping of Internal Storage.
5. Now you have decrypted the data sucessfully.
Note: Dont try to restore the nanodroid backup which you have taken before. It may end in bootloop.

Steps To Root Your Phone
1. Download the SuperSu SR1 flashable zip from here and copy that zip file into internal storage.
2. Now Enter into the TWRP Recovery.
3. Now navigate to the downloaded SuperSu Zip file and Swipe to install SuperSu.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Now your device is rooted successfully.

Steps To Backup IMEI [Important]:
For some cases you may lead to lose your device's Imei. It will lead to loose of network signals etc.
So we have to take backup of Imei and we can restore it on any such case.
There are two method to backup imei.
Method 1 :
Boot the phone to Twrp , take Backup of EFS partition to internal storage and copy the backup files to PC . In case , if you have lost your IMEI, this backup will help you to restore imei back.

Method 2 :
1. This method works on the Terminal window. So download any Terminal App .
2. Open the app and type su , then grant SuperUser permission when you are prompted to do so.
When you see the Terminal Emulator box, type the following command:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/sdf1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/sdf1 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=512
Please note that all commands are case sensitive and even a minor mistake will hider the successful backup. Type the command line carefully.
Now you have successfully took backup of imei to you internal storage . Copy that to your pc .
To Restore
Enter the following commands in Terminal Emulator Box:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modemst1.bin of=/dev/block/sdf1 bs=512
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modemst2.bin of=/dev/block/sdf1 bs=512
Thats it your imei is restored

Download Section
For TWRP recovery and other files Download Here
If u need Only twrp, Den click here
1. twrp-3.1.1-1-cheeseburger.img[official]
2. twrp-3.1.1-0-oneplus5.img [chinese]
3. Twrp latest by xdvs23
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to HatRiGt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HatRiGt Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 03:45 PM |#2  
Flag Miskolc
Thanks Meter: 442

More
Thank you very much! Good to see TWRP here
23rd June 2017, 03:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,906

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatRiGt

Hi All,

Steps To Unlock Bootloader
1. At First, open About phone on setting menu , then tap 4 times on Build Number. Now Developer Mode is enabled.
2. Open developer Mode menu and set oem unlock and usb debugging to ON. [Important Step]
3. Download and Extract the zip file which you have downloaded from the link given below.
4. Now enter into fastboot mode :
Press volume + power button and then phone will boot into fastboot interface.
5. Now connect the phone to computer and then open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here)
Now type:
The list of devices connected will be displayed.
Then enter the command :
6. Now you will see a Unlock Bootloader Warning page. Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit Power Button to confirm the selection.
7. Thats it . Now your Bootloader is unlocked.

Steps To Install TWRP Recovery
1. After you have successfully unlocked the bootloader, now enter into the fastboot mode and connect the phone to pc.
2. Now navigate to the folder where you have extracted the downloaded zip file and open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here)
Now type:

3. The list of devices connected will be displayed.
4. Then enter the command :

5. When the file is flashed successfully , unplug your phone from pc and manually boot the phone into recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down button.
6. Now the TWRP Recovery will be opened .

Steps To Root Your Phone
1. Download the SuperSu flashable zip from here and copy that zip file into internal storage.
2. Now Enter into the TWRP Recovery.
3. Now navigate to the downloaded SuperSu Zip file and Swipe to install SuperSu.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Now your device is rooted successfully.

Download Section
Download the required zip file from Here

Credits : Thanks to chinese Dev for Twrp

Hey,

Thanks for the guide. However, where does the TWRP comme from? I'm a bit afraid of this, truth to be told ^^'
The Following User Says Thank You to matssa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matssa Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 03:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matssa

Hey,

Thanks for the guide. However, where does the TWRP comme from? I'm a bit afraid of this, truth to be told ^^'

source link added . check bro.
23rd June 2017, 04:00 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

source link added . check bro.

Erm, "Chinese dev" doesn't mean anything really. Don't you have a thread link, a github link, or anything in particular? It's almost like saying "Here an app", without really saying where it comes from. Kinda risky... Especially if it isn't the "Chinese dev" that shares it.

EDIT/// NVM, just was the source link... Sorry for that, was refreshing the wrong one...
23rd June 2017, 04:03 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:

Erm, "Chinese dev" doesn't mean anything really. Don't you have a thread link, a github link, or anything in particular? It's almost like saying "Here an app", without really saying where it comes from. Kinda risky... Especially if it isn't the "Chinese dev" that shares it.

kindly check the source link i.e, thread link
-----
Tested by me. Works fine.
23rd June 2017, 04:03 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah just edited my comment, wasn't looking at the correct page... Gonna take a look, might wait a bit before testing.
23rd June 2017, 04:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I went to the source OP provided. It's 30 pages of people saying thanks...so I bit the bullet (after unlocking bootloader).

It works. Just flashed Magisk 13 beta using TWRP provided by OP.

SafetyNet passes with Magisk Hide. Cheers!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SonicSamZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SonicSamZ Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 04:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
it work for me, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bretzelpopo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bretzelpopo Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 04:07 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When checking your link, I can't really see if everyone managed to test it correctly, Google translation shows some icky stuff in terms of device bricking.
23rd June 2017, 04:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Yeah just edited my comment, wasn't looking at the correct page... Gonna take a look, might wait a bit before testing.

I'm in the same boat, I like that it's done but the fact it isn't open-sourced and is provided by a sketchy Chinese version of a fake Oneplus site (take a look at the lack of SSL for example), I think I may hold off..

Thanks for sharing though OP, hope this might spark what we need to get the official version!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)