[ROM][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP5/5T][ALPHA][26-10-2020]

Search This thread

poad42

Feb 2, 2014
Who are we?
YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads​

Downloads

cheeseburger (OP5) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11S4K-_SGOJLyHFd9hX_P_Uj_2Ai4wzQL/view?usp=sharing | https://yaap.angerycat.tk/YAAP-11-Alpha-yaap_cheeseburger-20201025.zip
dumpling (OP5t) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B4JIzRcl3iLmq7imzYvhrNQ3ESjfRe8U/view?usp=sharing| https://yaap.angerycat.tk/YAAP-11-Alpha-yaap_dumpling-20201025.zip

Flashing Procedure
Install TWRP (Latest codeworkx is recommended)
Coming from a different rom / OS you'll need to clean flash:

1. Wipe data (Factory reset)
(1.1.) If coming from stock OS you may need to format internal storage
2. Flash rom
(2.1.) Flash mods (magisk, no veirty if on ext4 decrypted.)
3. Rejoice

For dirty flash just skip step 1, 1.1
and possibly 2.1 if your mods support addon.d (ex: Magisk)
It does not matter when you flash the firmware zip, and you only need to flash it once per firmware version

XDA:DevDB Information
Yet another AOSP project, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
poad42
Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OOS stable 10.0
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-09-15
Last Updated 2020-09-15

Last edited:

poad42

Feb 2, 2014
Working:
Camera/Video/Mic
Fingerprint
Dash Charging/USB stuff
DRM(Netflix,prime video playback)
IMS (VoWIFI/VoLTE)
RIL
Video playback
Wi-Fi
Alert slider, Panel modes, HBM stuff
Permissive kernel
SafetyNet

Broken:
Encryption

Note: The ROM includes gapps with some pixel additions .

Last edited:

Arusa

Jan 18, 2013
Hello! Thank you in advance for doing this great project. It is possible to make a ROM Similar to Oxygen OS 11? I really liked this new Oxygen aesthetic. Thank you again for doing this for us.

SirSoviet

Sep 1, 2015
Toronto
Barebones AOSP in regards to the UI because the dev's previous NitrogenOS had a bunch of customisations. I don't think that's very hard to understand. The objective is to be as barebones as possible, Gapps have nothing to do with being barebones or not.

Yes it does. It isn't as barebones as possible in its current state because GApps is unnecessary for Android to run. It also increases the file size of the rom. False advertisation.

Besides, I've never, ever seen an initial AOSP rom for a new Android version that includes GApps on XDA. Heck, I've never seen a "barebones" AOSP rom that includes GApps. I think that's quite telling.

Last edited:

Rockirock

Sep 16, 2020
Working:
Camera/Video/Mic
Fingerprint
Dash Charging/USB stuff
IMS (VoWIFI/VoLTE)
RIL
Video playback
Wi-Fi

Broken:
Alert slider, Panel modes, HBM stuff (all need source side changes)
Permissive kernel
SafetyNet

So what can be done for broken (how can we do side changes .. Permissive kernel any link for that

Tq exited for ur reply

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
Yes it does. It isn't as barebones as possible in its current state because GApps is unnecessary for Android to run. It also increases the file size of the rom. False advertisation.

Besides, I've never, ever seen an initial AOSP rom for a new Android version that includes GApps on XDA. Heck, I've never seen a "barebones" AOSP rom that includes GApps. I think that's quite telling.

Well, actually a lot of 'AOSP' roms are just 'LineageOS based but with the AOSP interface'. Even in this case some repos are based on the LineageOS repos:
https://github.com/yaap/device_oneplus_cheeseburger/commit/62baf1aa2596ecc100b36890f2245ba832ff3cfc

Last edited:

poad42

Feb 2, 2014
Well, actually a lot of 'AOSP' roms are just 'LineageOS based but with the AOSP interface'. Even in this case some repos are based on the LineageOS repos:
https://github.com/yaap/device_oneplus_cheeseburger/commit/62baf1aa2596ecc100b36890f2245ba832ff3cfc

The device tree was created by los yes, but has been extensively reworked both in Q and R, the cheeseburger tree is just a bunch of makefiles. The common tree is the one that has most of the stuff. So its not los based with an aosp interface or anything like that lol. Its just its own thing.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Thank you for freely sharing your great work. It is much appreciated! :highfive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Working:
Camera/Video/Mic
Fingerprint
Dash Charging/USB stuff
IMS (VoWIFI/VoLTE)
RIL
Video playback
Wi-Fi

Broken:
Alert slider, Panel modes, HBM stuff (all need source side changes)
Permissive kernel
SafetyNet

It's purely already amazing bro, thx :D
Will redo a donation soon, keep my NOS Nand Backup for trying this A11 :p;)

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
The device tree was created by los yes, but has been extensively reworked both in Q and R, the cheeseburger tree is just a bunch of makefiles. The common tree is the one that has most of the stuff. So its not los based with an aosp interface or anything like that lol. Its just its own thing.

1st thing first: Congrats for working so frequently to bring up Android 11 for oneplus 5 & 5t. Brother I've suggestion not to react for users who don't understand the efforts of dev's hard work, I know how much time it takes and from where that time we manage? We cut down that time from our family, our rest and by changing our sleeping pattern. It's not our business, We're doing this just for hobby not for money. But instead of appreciation getting questions. I haven't seen if anyone has asked politely that " Sir please correct barebones word because you've included GApps". Brother again I'll say don't answer to users who always seeking your writing mistakes but not measuring your efforts and hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
[Thread Cleaned]

As outlined in our Forum Rules:
15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
Please respect the wishes and decisions of the developer. You may provide constructive criticism but spewing disbelief for a feature or module that is or isn't present does not comply with the above rule.
Keep in mind there are plenty of alternatives to choose from and realize how lucky you are with a device that gets so much development love.
If you are wondering why your post was removed or edited, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Have a great day and keep it safe!

furious.builder

Dec 31, 2013
Paris
LeEco Le1 Pro
OnePlus 5
Thanks for your work mate! Great to have R for OP5. I planned to change my phone, but if I can have R as daily driver, I may wait a bit more :)
Do you plan to stay "barbone" or will you gradually port nitrogen's features to R?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just restored this one, it's still the best A11 I've found, basically everything works.
    Please continue to update for the OP5
    Goodbye YAAP, I Dirtyfalshhed Arrow11 over YAAP and everything works perfectly. Android Auto. the lot.
    Arrow 11 has nightly builds so you don't have to wait forever for something to happen.
    YAAP was/is a very good build but obviously dead for OP5. Thank you Devs for the inital build.
    This is now a daily driver, everything seems to work OK (except Yahoo Finance apk that won't let me sign in, but it's probably an app issue).
    Using the Following stuff.
    Magisk canary (bit fiddly to get installed)
    Gcam downloaded from APK Mirror (AOSP cam barebone)
    Nova Launcher Beta works with no problems.
    WIFI/Data/Bluetooth works fine the phone connected to my car and paired OK.
    Buttons remapped using an App.
    Supersmooth and no problems to report.
    I'm back, been around testing here and there. You have the most functions working and fantastic battery. Others might have more tweaks atm but I'm expecting such things in the next build. Happy camper here as things are. Hoping for Face unlock with light assist next flash:silly: not most secure but darn convenient. Thank you for a superb build.
    Sad thing. :cry:
    I'm waiting some more days but I'm moving in the same direction.
    I was taking in consideration Pixel experience. Why did you choose Arrow?
    Mainly because of Update Frequency, they are very active but also because everything works as far as I can see.