May 20, 2019
New update of GCam 6.2.030 is out!

Changelog:
- Based on first test from Arnova
- Compressed libs to reduce apk size
- Fixed NS
- Fixed AWB (I use P3 AWB)
- Forced old gallery
- Fixed crash in videos on Mi9 (thanks Fahmi)
- Fixed motion on Mi9
- Added support of OP5/5T
- Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
- Fixed front green tint on OP5/5T
- Forced Nexus 5X model on front camera for Oneplus devices
- Fixed freeze portrait mode on OP5/5T
- Fixed crash on OP6/6T (thanks Arnova)
- Fixed crash with front NS on Mi9
- Removed some stuff in settings (thanks San1ty)

It makes really nice pictures in low light, similar to xtreme beta5 (with optimised XML) but faster and with no configuration hassle . Any chance to have 2nd/3rd back camera working? Thank you

Lifeofwaley

Jun 29, 2018

Changelog:
- Disabled RAW compression
- Added the option to disable sound (thanks San1ty)
- Fixed crash on MIUI China ROM (thanks San1ty)
- Added HDR+ off fix (thanks San1ty)
- Added BSG's dot fix on OP5/5T
- Added Eszdman lib
- Added auto restart (thanks Fahmi)
- Fixed slowmotion on OP5/5T and OP6/6T (thanks Arnova)
- Added Auto/30/60FPS (thanks Arnova)
- Added HDRoff/HDR+/HDR+enh in Portrait Mode (thanks BSG and Arnova)
- Fixed tint on OP6/6T
- Added support to Realme Pro 2

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!s6QUhA6b!BOXoEN_CmP6wf4ZM3M5gblHMqZKqQGC1Gy_O6HEi62A
Thank you for your hard work.

There's a problem with the focus. Tap to focus doesn't work in camera, night sight and portrait mode. I don't know if this is just me.
Installed latest magisk libs fix.
OnePlus 5T, rooted on OxygenOS 9.0.4.

Last edited:

archraziel

Feb 23, 2012
SP

Changelog:
- Disabled RAW compression
- Added the option to disable sound (thanks San1ty)
- Fixed crash on MIUI China ROM (thanks San1ty)
- Added HDR+ off fix (thanks San1ty)
- Added BSG's dot fix on OP5/5T
- Added Eszdman lib
- Added auto restart (thanks Fahmi)
- Fixed slowmotion on OP5/5T and OP6/6T (thanks Arnova)
- Added Auto/30/60FPS (thanks Arnova)
- Added HDRoff/HDR+/HDR+enh in Portrait Mode (thanks BSG and Arnova)
- Fixed tint on OP6/6T
- Added support to Realme Pro 2

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!s6QUhA6b!BOXoEN_CmP6wf4ZM3M5gblHMqZKqQGC1Gy_O6HEi62A

Do I still need the magisk fix?

archraziel

Feb 23, 2012
SP

Damn....I have a problem with the fix it breaks my rear cam on gcam, stock and other apps cam(with or without HDR).
Without the fix I can use HDR on rear cam but HDR makes the front camera pics come with pink stripes.
I even tried old versions of the dotfix but all of them make the camera go wild if I change any settings.
Example:
I installed OnePlus5&5T-DotFix-v4.41.zip (tried with v4 too) with GCam-6.2.030_Arnova8G2_Urnyx05-v1.1.apk
If I go into settings and change it to show HDR controls I only get full green images on front camera and rear camera stop working for all apps

I am on lineageOS last version(android pie).

Last edited:

Lifeofwaley

Jun 29, 2018
There's a problem with the focus. Tap to focus doesn't work in camera mod and portrait mode. I don't know if this is just me.
Installed latest magisk libs fix.
OnePlus 5T, rooted on OxygenOS 9.0.4.
Any update on the focusing issue?
If we could get portrait mode to work without zoom and tap to focus it'll be perfect. Thank you Urnyx

reynart

Jan 1, 2008
Tested both gcam 6.2 versions based on arnova and cstark. Focus on touch is not working on both of them. Gcam 6.1 based versions have no focus issues.

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
The dotfix module breaks my stock camera and app camera. Any one has an idea on how to solve it?

maybe re-install ?

I have no issue, an other member have reported that they using both camera. so I assume they don't have issues.
Im alternating over 3 cam, 5.3, 6.2.030 and stock. No issue. On stock OOS 9.0.5 and franco kernel. Dot fix 4.41. On magisk 19.2.

archraziel

Feb 23, 2012
SP
maybe re-install ?

I have no issue, an other member have reported that they using both camera. so I assume they don't have issues.
Im alternating over 3 cam, 5.3, 6.2.030 and stock. No issue. On stock OOS 9.0.5 and franco kernel. Dot fix 4.41. On magisk 19.2.

I think it is because my selinux is not set to permissive, will give it another try. Thanks

YassGo

Mar 4, 2014
Paris
Same here I can't make it work. I installed Urnyx GCam + dotfix 4.41 and it's like it's not activated.
I'm on OB32 and Magisk 19.2. Maybe OB32 causing the issu?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6010 en utilisant Tapatalk

Faakarna

Jul 11, 2014
Same here I can't make it work. I installed Urnyx GCam + dotfix 4.41 and it's like it's not activated.
I'm on OB32 and Magisk 19.2. Maybe OB32 causing the issu?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6010 en utilisant Tapatalk
I have the exact same issue. Camera only take one picture, then nothing happens afterwards. Have to use iOS cam for now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be great if this fix would be updated for Android 14.
    Yes, I've already updated the zip and a test version is available. Just waiting on final checks and once everything checks out, I'll update this thread as well. :)
    EDIT: Updated information is now maintained in the first post.
    google-camera-small.png

Google Camera Mod for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) and 5T (dumpling)

1. Camera HAL Confusion
    a. Camera HAL Basics
    • First, let's understand what a camera HAL is. A camera HAL is what allows a ROM to "talk to" the camera hardware; without it, the camera would be non-functional. Think of the camera HAL as the steering wheel and pedals of a car. The steering wheel/pedals allow for control of the internal components of the vehicle by providing an external interface for the driver (the ROM) to make use of the internal components.
    • At present, the source code of the camera HAL included in OxygenOS has not been released by OnePlus. Instead, OnePlus has compiled that source code and shipped it on the OnePlus 5/5T as a BLOB (Binary Large OBject). This has been a major setback for custom ROM developers because having access to the camera HAL source would make porting the stock OnePlus Camera to a custom ROM a much easier endeavour.
    b. Camera HAL, Google Camera Mod and Root Requirements
    • The latest releases of the mod require you to be rooted (as you mandatorily need to install DotFix, which contains a modified camera HAL compatible with the latest releases) or the pictures that you click will come out with pink/purple/green tint on them, or will have a dotted pattern on them, or the camera might not work at all. So if you're rooted, then you're good to go. However, if you're unrooted (and prefer staying that way), then you can still use an specific version of the mod which works fine (with a few issues/restrictions, of course). All the downloads for rooted as well as non-rooted users are in the next post in the thread (post # 2).
    2. Known Bugs and Workarounds
    [Unrooted Only] Dotted Pattern Overlay
    • Issue - A dotted pattern overlay is visible in the HDR+ pictures (when completely zoomed in)
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Unrooted Only] Front Camera HDR+/Portrait Mode Non Operational/Captures Distorted Pink/Purple/Green Lines
    • Issue - Front camera captures distorted pink/purple/green lines while using HDR+ or Portrait Mode
    • Resolution - You have to root, install DotFix as well as the recommended version for rooted users from point 3
    [Rooted Only] HDR+ Front Camera Pictures Restricted to 4.0 Megapixels
    • Issue - HDR+ pictures that are clicked with the front camera are restricted to 4.0 megapixels, even though the maximum resolution of 15.9 megapixels is selected for the front camera under settings
    • Resolution - None available yet; details of why this is the case are mentioned in this post
    [Both] Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) Non Operational
    • Issue - Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) doesn't work
    • Resolution - None available yet
    [Both] DotFix Magisk Module Incompatible with Audio Mods
    • Issue - Some audio mods interfere with the DotFix Magisk module due to which they don't work as intended
    • Resolution - Uninstall the audio mods or try setting SELinux to permissive using SELinux Switch from this post of mine.
    More troubleshooting tips and tricks are present here and here. You can also read the Telegram channel's FAQ here.
    3. Important Notes and Links
    a. Important Notes
    • Everytime you change a settings, make sure you force-close and swipe it away from recents, and then restart the app so that the new settings are applied correctly. A sure shot way to make sure the settings have applied is to restart your phone.
    b. Links
    • Complete list of all Google Camera Mod ports: Link
    • Capturing a logcat if you're facing a crash when opening/using the Google Camera Mod: Link
    • Useful files and tools: Link
    • Photo comparison samples: Link
    4. Post Update Information and Credits
    a. Post Update Information
    • Last Updated: 23rd June 2021
    b. Credits
    • @B-S-G, for doing the initial port and bring us Google Camera's HDR+ to multiple devices
    • @Arnova8G2, for all the work he's done and still continues to do to bring us these ports
    • @defcomg, for the front camera Portrait Mode fix
    • @MrAimenify, for fixing viewfinder lag and updating libraries
    • @Urnyx05, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @Nikita, for creating his own versions of the mod for everyone on OP5/T
    • @S4turno, for unknowingly inspiring me to make this post, hosting all the Google Camera Mod ports on his server, and for helping the community with updated information regarding the mod
    • @Zackptg5, for the MMT-Ex Template
    • @Adam Conway, for this great XDA article on how cameras work in custom ROMs
    • @Rohit jat, for originally creating the thread and Telegram discussion group
    • All of you guys for viewing this post
    New version of GCam 6.1.021 is out!

Changelog:
    - Fixed front crash in NS on Mi8
    - Added an option to change the folder where to save portrait photos
    - Replaced Savitar lib with sRGB b2
    - Replaced XLib v2 with v2S

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!0noREACT!lQBXD-mINnlCjtlEI_MKb8xBLIIBLdqpLoItrir50vo

I'm working on GCam 6.2 based on BSG, too. But, at the moment, it's still pretty buggy and unstable. So, I'm trying to fix most of the bugs.
    I realized this was never posted in this thread, so for those of you who might be wondering why Arnova8G2 has been missing in action for sometime now, it's because he met with a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital, where smartphones and other portable electronic devices are forbidden. The accident was a major one and he's started to use the wheelchair now and hopefully with rehabilitation/physiotherapy, he'll be able to walk soon. Let's keep him in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.
    New update of GCam 6.2.024 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed base; now, it's based on cstark27
    - Added the option to change model; on front camera, only Nexus 5X hasn't got any issues on OP devices (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed portrait mode on OP5/5T
    - Fixed slow motion on OP5/5T and on devices with Snapdragon 845 and 855 (thanks to back.rider and Arnova)
    - Removed Pixel Visual Core Config
    - Removed some specific code for Pixel devices
    - Fixed black spot on OP5/5T
    - Fixed Night Sight on OP5/5T
    - Changed package name (it can be installed side by side with my GCam 6.1)
    - Removed Google Play Services dependance; now it works also without them (thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed front green tint
    - Disabled Sabre (aka Super Resolution) on front camera to fix crashes on Mi9 and Mi8
    - Changed resolution of motion photos to fix some crashes on Mi9 and other devices

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!1nYBiSoT!eoHmomdHQ73REF4OnyRd_e7-ZoUlspC6pFVpgflu5Lo

KNOWN BUGS:
    - Sometimes, slow motion doesn't work
    - Photobooth doesn't work
    - It may crash on different devices from OP5/5T
    - Viewfinder lags on OP5/5T