shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Introduction
Hello everyone! Having just now read this XDA article, I decided to try out the flashable zip linked in it. Needless to say, it worked like a charm! Hence, I decided to create a Magisk module for this so that those who don't want to mess with their system partitions can use the module to enable Google Lens in Google Photos. Have fun!

Compatibility
Device(s)
  • OnePlus 5
ROM(s)
  • All ROMs
Android Version(s)
  • Android Nougat 7.x.x
  • Android Oreo 8.x.x

Installation Instructions
  • Copy the correct module as per your Magisk version to your phone's internal memory
  • Open Magisk Manager
  • Go to the Modules section
  • Click on the "+" Floating Button and select the module zip
  • Reboot

Recovery
  • Open Magisk Manager
  • Disable/uninstall the module
  • Reboot

Thanks To
  • @ZeevoX, for creating the original Google Lens Enabler flashable zip
  • @topjohnwu, for Magisk and all the work he's ever done for the community
  • All of you guys for viewing this thread

Changelog
GoogleLensEnabler-Magisk15.0
  • v1.0 - Initial release
  • v2.0 - Update for Magisk v15.0

OP Update Information
Created: October 25, 2017
Last Updated: December 28, 2017

Last edited:

shadowstep

Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Did you clear data ?? And photos version you are using is ?

Didnt work in my 1+5

There wasn't any need to clear data for me. Loaded the module, restarted the phone, opened Google Photos and force-closed/killed it, reopened Google Photos and Google Lens was there. :)

The issue is most definitely at your end since the module has been working fine for me, my testers and all the people who've posted in this thread.

Reactions: addicted1900

surajloharia

Oct 28, 2012
OnePlus 5
Nothing Phone 1
There wasn't any need to clear data for me. Loaded the module, restarted the phone, opened Google Photos and force-closed/killed it, reopened Google Photos and Google Lens was there. :)

The issue is most definitely at your end since the module has been working fine for me, my testers and all the people who've posted in this thread.
One thing i forget ... When i restarted after flashing module got bootloop and restarted by long pressing and phone rebooted

May be thats the reason i will try again

Fresh install

shadowstep

Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
One thing i forget ... When i restarted after flashing module got bootloop and restarted by long pressing and phone rebooted

May be thats the reason i will try again

Fresh install

Please make sure that you're using the correct module zip for your Magisk version. If you use the wrong module zip for your Magisk version, it might end up in a bootloop, so.

surajloharia

Oct 28, 2012
OnePlus 5
Nothing Phone 1
Please make sure that you're using the correct module zip for your Magisk version. If you use the wrong module zip for your Magisk version, it might end up in a bootloop, so.
Using 14 downloaded 14

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Hey buddy reflashed zip but still no go

Does xposed interefere with this ??

Or one thing i can do is remove overlays from photos and google app

Will report soon

Edit: removed overlay and it workd

And still works after installing overlay again

Thankx for the module

Last edited:

brmbjn

Mar 17, 2015
Bojonegoro
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google lens on 1+5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171026-053932.jpg
    Screenshot_20171026-053932.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6,767
Reactions: bountyman334

gonsa

Aug 4, 2010
Lisbon
This is supposed to work only after we take a picture, right? It doesn't work if we open the camera and let google lens do it's work?

Risk2319

Mar 27, 2015
Delhi
I am currently running Magisk 14.3 and i flashed v14.3 of google lens, but whenever i am opening google photos it's Force-closing every time.

shadowstep

Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
This is supposed to work only after we take a picture, right? It doesn't work if we open the camera and let google lens do it's work?

Camera? Where did that come from? :p It works in Google Photos. Google Camera has got nothing to do with Google Lens. :) Basically, take a picture (from any Camera app), it'll get saved and will appear in Google Photos. Open that picture there and you will see a Lens button at the bottom.

I am currently running Magisk 14.3 and i flashed v14.3 of google lens, but whenever i am opening google photos it's Force-closing every time.

Make sure you don't have any substratum theme overlays applied to Google Photos. If you don't have a theme/it still doesn't work after removing the theme and restarting, you can try clearing the data and cache of Google Photos from the settings and restarting your phone before launching Google Photos again. Good luck! :good:

gonsa

Aug 4, 2010
Lisbon
Camera? Where did that come from? :p It works in Google Photos. Google Camera has got nothing to do with Google Lens. :) Basically, take a picture (from any Camera app), it'll get saved and will appear in Google Photos. Open that picture there and you will see a Lens button at the bottom.
Well, actually Google Lens has everything to do with the Camera.
Check this out: https://youtu.be/Y2VF8tmLFHw?t=669

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    Hello everyone! Having just now read this XDA article, I decided to try out the flashable zip linked in it. Needless to say, it worked like a charm! Hence, I decided to create a Magisk module for this so that those who don't want to mess with their system partitions can use the module to enable Google Lens in Google Photos. Have fun!

Compatibility
    Device(s)
    • OnePlus 5
    ROM(s)
    • All ROMs
    Android Version(s)
    • Android Nougat 7.x.x
    • Android Oreo 8.x.x

Installation Instructions
    • Copy the correct module as per your Magisk version to your phone's internal memory
    • Open Magisk Manager
    • Click on the "+" Floating Button and select the module zip
    • Reboot

Recovery
    • Open Magisk Manager
    • Disable/uninstall the module
    • Reboot

Thanks To
    • @ZeevoX, for creating the original Google Lens Enabler flashable zip
    • @topjohnwu, for Magisk and all the work he's ever done for the community
    • All of you guys for viewing this thread

Changelog
    GoogleLensEnabler-Magisk15.0
    • v1.0 - Initial release
    • v2.0 - Update for Magisk v15.0

OP Update Information
    Created: October 25, 2017
    Last Updated: December 28, 2017
    Hi all - OP has been updated with an updated module for Magisk 15.0. Enjoy! :)
    Please, can anyone upload the module for Magisk v14? I'm with problems with v15.x so I'm using v14.5 for now

Sure, please find attached. :)

Also, everyone, I've now also uploaded the module in Magisk Repo. I highly recommend that if you're using the Magisk module from the first post, then you should uninstall it and reinstall it from Magisk Repo. I'll be updating it there only from now on so that you can get seamless update notifications from the app and download the update via Magisk Manager only instead of keeping a tab of this thread. :)
    Hi everyone! Since this module is useless now and Google Lens is natively enabled in Google Photos for everyone, I'm closing this thread and removing the download link to the module from the OP as well as the Magisk Repo. Thank you! :)
    darn, thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping to keep this module enabled a little longer if it actually did give me unlimited photo space. anyway, thanks for your great work in this module!

Yeah, I think it's been a while since Google changed the checks, so that's why I didn't even make any claims that this module also gives unlimited photo & video backups at original quality.

Nonetheless, you're welcome and glad that you liked the module! :)