FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAGISK] OnePlus 5 Google Dialer + Contacts - Fully working!

520 posts
Thanks Meter: 166

By dustintinsley, Senior Member on 23rd July 2017, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
All the methods of installing the Google Dialer on the OP5 kinda worked but would not allow the user to answer/decline calls from the notification popup. Well, did some digging on this and found a solution. This is a Magisk Module, so for those that use Magisk, simple flash and restart. Be sure you select the new Phone app as default for calls. Also, need to go in and manually set the permissions for the app.

This can be done by going to "app info" for default OnePlus phone app and disabling, then by going to Google Phone "app info" and clicking on Phone App, then on the "Configure apps screen, changing the default Phone App to the only option you should have (after disabling the default one) which is the Google "Phone". Then make sure your new Phone app has all it's permissions.

Enjoy!

Update: TWRP install method added for those not using Magisk. Just flash the zip and good to go.

Magisk Module v2.1a: Update Sep 5, 2017
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634797320

TWRP Install:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195918352
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to dustintinsley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dustintinsley Ad-Free

23rd July 2017, 02:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thanks intall working
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170723-163307.png
Views:	23982
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	4220911  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badcrow35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift badcrow35 Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 02:34 PM |#3  
Thanks can you make a non magisk flash able zip? I'm decrypted and magisk only works on encrypted setup as far I know.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs
23rd July 2017, 06:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,585

More
Great Tweak mate! Thank you so much
23rd July 2017, 08:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
I'm expecting an important call today, but will test thoroughly later.
23rd July 2017, 08:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia1985

Thanks can you make a non magisk flash able zip? I'm decrypted and magisk only works on encrypted setup as far I know.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs

This *may* work. I am new to installer scripts, so hopefully I wrote this correctly... Please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip oneplus5_google_dialer_and_contacts_twrp.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.19 MB, 672 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustintinsley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dustintinsley Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 08:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badcrow35

Thanks intall working

I don't own a OnePlus 5, I have a 3 but I saw a Turkish text and decided to write. How did you get access to OnePlus 5? Have you imported it from abroad or are you living in abroad?
23rd July 2017, 09:10 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Brought with my friend from abroad UK
23rd July 2017, 09:30 PM |#9  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustintinsley

This *may* work. I am new to installer scripts, so hopefully I wrote this correctly... Please let me know.

Can anyone confirm if the zip works?
23rd July 2017, 09:55 PM |#10  
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustintinsley

All the methods of installing the Google Dialer on the OP5 kinda worked but would not allow the user to answer/decline calls from the notification popup. Well, did some digging on this and found a solution. This is a Magisk Module, so for those that use Magisk, simple flash and restart. Be sure you select the new Phone app as default for calls. Also, need to go in and manually set the permissions for the app.

This can be done by going to "app info" for default OnePlus phone app and disabling, then by going to Google Phone "app info" and clicking on Phone App, then on the "Configure apps screen, changing the default Phone App to the only option you should have (after disabling the default one) which is the Google "Phone". Then make sure your new Phone app has all it's permissions.

Enjoy!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195917884

Work like a charm wish everything went this easy
23rd July 2017, 09:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Awesome, works just fine. This has been driving me bonkers lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)