[MAGISK] OnePlus Analytics Disabler

Search This thread

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
Not working on OP6 beta 15 and Magisk next ianmacd 19.1 latest. Ending in error about magisk version.
Tried the 1.2 version
Have log but even after 30 kins it wasn't uploaded.
If you want it I'll upload it elsewhere

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190405-214011.jpg
    Screenshot_20190405-214011.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,017

arcticphoenix

Mar 24, 2019
Wales
Stability after installing

This may be a hunch but my phone, since initial setup after unpacking it from Amazon was suffering the random blackouts and rebooting bug. And has been since all the way through all official OP5 updates. It survived all AOSP based ROMs until I went back to stock and installed this through Magisk.
I am not knowledable enough to test but ever since I downloaded this and installed during work my OP5 hasn't froze up and rebooted at random and will monitor it for next day or so. I apologise if this is off topic for this mod haha.

Reactions: dego_

zickler_malta

Nov 19, 2014
Naxxar
what should one observe in the system/app after installing this? i used the one on post #123 on a rooted 6T Mclaren. installation seemed to be successful. looking at the mentioned apps in a file manager, the apps are still there.

zickler_malta

Nov 19, 2014
Naxxar
The app folders should still be present and have one or two files, but those files should have zero size.

thanks just had a look and most have a 0 size but there's a couple listed in the previous page, like the sensortool and bugreportlite that are at their normal size and with the icon still recognizable. i guess that will have to work for now.

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Hello :)

Thanks a lot for this amazing app.
But I've a question, just in case. How to uninstall it ?

It's not an app, it's a Magisk module. If you don't know what Magisk is, then this isn't for you and you should read up on unlocking bootloaders, rooting with Magisk, etc. A Magisk module can be disabled/uninstalled via the Magisk Manager app.

Reactions: khalisz

MrDvStar

Mar 11, 2018
These are all the apps that should be removed;

system/app/EngineeringMode
system/app/EngSpecialTest
system/app/LogKitSdService
system/app/OemAutoTestServer
system/app/OEMLogKit
system/app/OPBugReportLite
system/app/RfToolkit
system/app/SensorTestTool
system/app/uimremoteclient
system/bin/bugreport* - there are 2
system/bin/fmfactorytest* - there are 2
system/bin/oemlogkit
system/priv-app/OPDeviceManager
system/priv-app/OPDeviceManagerProvider

system/bin/bugreport* - there are 2
system/bin/fmfactorytest* - there are 2
What does it mean there are two?
All two files, need to be deleted?

Reactions: solid.snake

Fostel

Jan 16, 2013
London
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
I just got Oneplus 5T refurbished. Updated to the latest 9.0.8
I've done ADB and fastboot in Ubuntu 18.04 from the Linux terminal. Way better than windows experience.
Unlocked bootloader, replaced with official latest TWRP for dumpling and installed the latest stable Magisk. Safety net PASS.
At this point, I made a Nandroid Backup.

Do I need to use this module? I heard Oneplus removed some of the stuff after they got caught.
Is it still needed to remove all those apps in Oct 2019 with the latest official OOS 9.0.8

Please advise as I need this phone for work ASAP.
Thanks.

WhoDunnit

Sep 10, 2007
OnePlus 8
Magisk 20 update

For those that are interested, I updated my version of the module to Magisk 20 for OP5 Android9.

Removes folders/apps (replaced with empty folders):
  • /system/priv-app/OPDeviceManager
  • /system/priv-app/OPDeviceManagerProvider
  • /system/app/LogKitSdService
  • /system/app/OEMLogKit
  • /system/app/OPBugReportLite
  • /system/app/OPBugReport_Complete
  • /system/app/OPCommonLogTool

Removes files (replaced with empty files):
  • /system/lib/libdoor.so
  • /system/lib64/libdoor.so
  • /system/bin/bugreport
  • /system/bin/bugreportz
  • /system/bin/oemlogkit

Some of these targets will no longer exist on up-to-date versions of OxygenOS, but it never hurts to disable them anyway.

Attachments

• OP5_9_PrivacyFix20.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 256

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was recently discovered that OnePlus uses some over the top analytics that you can't opt out of. I'm not going to get into details as I'm not a developer, but you can read more at the link at the bottom of this post. I made a quick Magisk module that disables the tracking app by replacing it and it's odex file with an empty one, the standard procedure for disabling apps with Magisk. It should work on any OnePlus phone that uses this tracking app.

Install this through Magisk Manager.

More info:
    https://www.chrisdcmoore.co.uk/post/oneplus-analytics/

Edit: I'm seeing a few cases of module not working for some people. I'm not certain what's causing it, but please make sure you're using the official rom and the beta version of Magisk. I'll continue looking into the errors while I'm not working.

UPDATE: Now replaces OPDeviceManager and OPDeviceManagerProvider, thanks to @WhoDunnit for bringing it to my attention. I still haven't been able to replicate any errors or find anything to fix them. Hopefully OnePlus pulls through and disables the tracking so this mod isn't needed.

Update 2: As long as I'm dragging behind, I'll just keep linking to WhoDunnit's modules within this thread. His updated module includes my changes but only disables the EngineeringMode backdoor, rather than the entire app, as well as disabling OPBugReportLite. Any updates I personally make will be based off this module, but hopefully we won't need any more. Here's the post with the updated module: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5/themes/magisk-oneplus-analytics-disabler-t3686636/post74614087

Version 1.2: now disables EngineeringMode and related files.

PrivacyFix 1.0 disables OPDeviceManager.apk, OPDeviceManagerProvider.apk, libdoor.so (Engineering backdoor), OEMLogKit.apk, LogKitSdService.apk, oemlogkit, OPBugReportLite.apk. Remember to remove my old module.
    It might be a good idea to merge all versions into one?

Good idea. So here's what I did - I downloaded all the attachments that were present in this thread and combined them into one, additionally cross checking everything with the latest OxygenOS Open Beta release to make sure nothing was missed (in which I found an additional app that could be disabled, so I added that). The all-in-one module has been attached with this post. :)
    thanks @WhoDunnit & @benwalburn
    Is there an "unified" module coming ?

Yes, here you are. OP5PrivacyFix is attached. This module combines all modules in this thread and disables the following privacy threats find by Elliot Alderson‏ (fs0c131y):

• OPDeviceManager: priv-app/OPDeviceManager.apk, priv-app/OPDeviceManagerProvider.apk
    • OEMLogKit: app/OEMLogKit.apk, app/LogKitSdService.apk, bin/oemlogkit
    • EngineeringMode: lib/libdoor.so, lib64/libdoor.so
    • OPBugReportLite: app/OPBugReportLite.apk

Note that I choose to not remove EngineeringMode.apk, as I do find its tests useful. Instead, I disabled only the backdoor by removing libdoor.
    Magisk 20 update

For those that are interested, I updated my version of the module to Magisk 20 for OP5 Android9.

Removes folders/apps (replaced with empty folders):
    • /system/priv-app/OPDeviceManager
    • /system/priv-app/OPDeviceManagerProvider
    • /system/app/LogKitSdService
    • /system/app/OEMLogKit
    • /system/app/OPBugReportLite
    • /system/app/OPBugReport_Complete
    • /system/app/OPCommonLogTool

Removes files (replaced with empty files):
    • /system/lib/libdoor.so
    • /system/lib64/libdoor.so
    • /system/bin/bugreport
    • /system/bin/bugreportz
    • /system/bin/oemlogkit

Some of these targets will no longer exist on up-to-date versions of OxygenOS, but it never hurts to disable them anyway.
    PrivacyFix for Oreo

I adapted the OP5PrivacyFix module for Oreo. In Oreo the backdoor is removed from EngineeringMode, so I removed that part from the module.
    This module the following privacy threats find by Elliot Alderson‏ (fs0c131y) for the official Oreo version of OP5:

• OPDeviceManager: priv-app/OPDeviceManager.apk, priv-app/OPDeviceManagerProvider.apk
    • OEMLogKit: app/OEMLogKit.apk, app/LogKitSdService.apk, bin/oemlogkit
    • OPBugReportLite: app/OPBugReportLite.apk