FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stereo Speaker Mod for OOS

1,956 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By ram4ufriends, Senior Member on 7th July 2017, 08:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This module allows the earpiece to be used as speaker, and mods the microphone pickup when recording video. Audio from earpiece might not be as clear as main speaker. This module was tested on Oxygen OS 4.5.5 version, but should work on other versions as well.

This module was originally created by @magura320 for OnePlus 3T. I have used this on OnePlus 3T and now ported to OnePlus 5. This is my first mod on XDA, so please be patient with any issues. Let me know if I have missed any credits and would be happy to add them.

Please visit OnePlus 3T thread for OP 3T downloads..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...akers-t3540948

Downloads:
OP5_Stereo Sound Mod.zip - Install the Mod using custom recovery like TWRP.
OP5_Revert to Stock Sound.zip - Revert the mod using custom recovery like TWRP.
OP5_Stereo Sound Mod_Magisk.zip - Install the Mod through Magisk (No revert step as of now).
mixer_paths_tasha-stereo.xml - If you don't want to install the above mods, you can just replace mixer_paths_tasha.xml in system/etc folder with attached file. (Remove "-stereo" from attached file).
mixer_paths_tasha-stock.xml - If something goes wrong, you can just replace mixer_paths_tasha.xml in system/etc folder with attached file. (Remove "-stock" from attached file).

Credits:
@magura320 - For original mod creation
@SpasilliumNexus - Magisk mod for OnePlus 3T
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to ram4ufriends For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ram4ufriends Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 09:33 AM |#2  
Flag Sereď
Thanks Meter: 1,368

More
Is there any possibility to hardware damage to the earspeaker?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mikulec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikulec Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 09:44 AM |#3  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 751

More
Thanks for providing this mod!!! Works great!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flying Fox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flying Fox Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 09:51 AM |#4  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,383

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikulec

Is there any possibility to hardware damage to the earspeaker?

Yes there absolutely is, have seen these in the past on other singular speaker devices and although they work amazingly well there is always a risk.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 09:54 PM |#5  
Flag Central Massacusetts
Thanks Meter: 201

More
What does "mods the microphone pickup when recording video" mean exactly?
7th July 2017, 10:22 PM |#6  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 253

More
For those of us that use Viper to enhance the phone speaker, this might be a really bad idea. I can just see the tiny earpiece speaker dying under the extra boost given by other sound mods. This is a great idea though and I would love to use it. Is there a way to regulate the level of sound out of that top speaker or is it just opening the flood gates and using the same power as the real phone speaker?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xgerryx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xgerryx Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 10:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,609

More
Awesome, i miss this dual sound mod on my S7 Edge, now i retrieved this mod on my OP5 yeahhhhhh

Thanks !
8th July 2017, 03:38 AM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx

For those of us that use Viper to enhance the phone speaker, this might be a really bad idea. I can just see the tiny earpiece speaker dying under the extra boost given by other sound mods. This is a great idea though and I would love to use it. Is there a way to regulate the level of sound out of that top speaker or is it just opening the flood gates and using the same power as the real phone speaker?

I tested it and the earpiece is actually softer than the speaker. But you can definitely hear it when watching videos.
8th July 2017, 05:39 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKhozam

I tested it and the earpiece is actually softer than the speaker. But you can definitely hear it when watching videos.

That's a good thing cause it may damage if it's too loud.
8th July 2017, 09:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Very well works without problems. I'm excited
The Following User Says Thank You to Senaxo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Senaxo Ad-Free
8th July 2017, 12:20 PM |#11  
Flag Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Thanks Meter: 867

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for that. Working without a problem, using magisk version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oneplus 5 stereo, stereo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)