24th January 2018, 06:56 PM |#101  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 128,802

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeloFight

After the update I start to have problems with random freezing and with the system clock (time and date are wrong)

I don't see how that's caused by r19.

24th January 2018, 07:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I don't see how that's caused by r19.

I don't know I'm just reporting the issues that I had after the update
24th January 2018, 07:56 PM |#103  

More
Weird... I still get delayed notifications on R19. Even after a fresh install. How can I fix that?
24th January 2018, 08:13 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genso84

Weird... I still get delayed notifications on R19. Even after a fresh install. How can I fix that?

For what is matters, I've had delayed notifications with 3 different kernels.
24th January 2018, 08:13 PM |#105  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 44,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genso84

I don't think I've ranted in this thread. Go complain to OnePlus. It's their fault.

1. The stock module causes panics on custom kernels.

2. The self compiled one induces the delay.

Both of these are problems: custom developers should be able to use the stock module if they want AND they should be able to use a self compiled one if they want. OnePlus is either hiding kernel changes or intentionally breaking custom kernels because I can compile a kernel with the source straight from their GitHub and run into issues. So either go back to stock or get used to it.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2018, 08:18 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

I don't think I've ranted in this thread. Go complain to OnePlus. It's their fault.

Both of these are problems: custom developers should be able to use the stock module if they want AND they should be able to use a self compiled one if they want. OnePlus is either hiding kernel changes or intentionally breaking custom kernels because I can compile a kernel with the source straight from their GitHub and run into issues. So either go back to stock or get used to it.

Yeah I agree.

This is one of the primary reasons I'm using LineageOS now.
24th January 2018, 08:21 PM |#107  

More
Ok got it! FK on the OnePlus 5 ran so smooth and without those problems. Damn it OnePlus!

Is there a possibility to fix this with a kernel update from Franco?
24th January 2018, 08:37 PM |#108  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,441

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

Ah, so this explains why I got my email 6 hours later.

It's like the old "turn WiFi off during sleep" is forced on by the custom WiFi module, even though that's not a setting anymore on Oreo.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2018, 08:52 PM |#109  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Ah, so this explains why I got my email 6 hours later.

It's like the old "turn WiFi off during sleep" is forced on by the custom WiFi module, even though that's not a setting anymore on Oreo.

I really have NO idea why it happens, only that it happens. It happened on Nougat too. Used the latest qcacld-3.0, instant notification delay. Used the stock module, no issue. So either OnePlus has either made a change to the qcacld-3.0 source that they aren't sharing, they've made a userspace change that breaks a self compiled module, or something isn't getting set in the kernel build version of qcacld-3.0 that is for the AOSP version of the build. I've enabled every option in the Kconfig with no change and there is no way to see what options OP used since they didn't do an in-kernel build. Incredibly frustrating.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2018, 11:14 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
franco, brightness settings is not touched on the kernel side right? i dont know if oreo ob2 caused lower brightness settings or something else did. its bothering me so much

might switch to nougat again just to check..
24th January 2018, 11:23 PM |#111  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzxi

franco, brightness settings is not touched on the kernel side right? i dont know if oreo ob2 caused lower brightness settings or something else did. its bothering me so much

might switch to nougat again just to check..

Try setting the max brightness option to 1023 (if that's in the app somewhere lol)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)